• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Which legendary Pokemon is your favorite to use in battle?
The only legendary I can remember using is Cresselia on one of my teams. When used correctly she can really deal damage and sweep the opponent's team. Also helps she's also so pretty and a gift from one of my pairs <3

Reactions: EB

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I don't have any particular favorite, I usually just use the mascot legendary a lot o 3o Though I use Arceus a little more than others just 'cuz.

rhettz_emboar

Did you just pee??
Years
Username: rhettz_emboar
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Zekrom and Cobalion
Answer a Topic: Cobalion. Because i like his skill or moves specially his sacred sword, it only not inflict damage it also neglects all stat changes, thats why i love him to use in battles. And hes so cool. :]

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
wow! so many members joined! :3
welcome to the club guys!

Which legendary Pokemon is your favourite to use in battle?
i havenever used a legendary before... :3c so..i cannot answer the question.. :(
instead i'll post some pics.

Spoiler:
Wait, you've never used a legendary before? Catching and battling with the legendaries used to be the highlight of my playthroughs of any game back when I used to play it regularly, so it's really hard to imagine someone playing through the game without at least trying out at least one legendary in battle. Unless you've barely even played the games, which I guess would make sense, since it's a pretty big franchise, so it's not only the games that draw people into the forums :p

I never posted here ever since after my sign up...but oh well. :)

Actually, I have only used Hoenn legendaries ever since. Uhm, my favorite legendary to use in battle is Deoxys. Deoxys has formes that you can use in different situations. I really like Deoxys's attack forme the most 'cause it can deal severe damage to opponents.
I really like Deoxys' ability to change between different forms as well, and it's a really cool concept, however they didn't really design the Pokemon in the most enjoyable way imo. As for what I know, Deoxys wasn't even able to switch to any of the different forms prior to the fourth generation games, where it could be done by interacting with the meteorites in... Veilstone?? Forgive me if I got that wrong, since I've only played through the fourth generation once, so I'm not all that familiar with it. But yeah, in the generation 3 games, Deoxys' form depended on which game you got it in, so I felt like the concept didn't really get highlighted, especially since it was an event-only Pokemon, and back then I didn't even know about the other forms. I think it could've been awesome if it would've been able to switch in battles, so it could adapt to the situation, but that might've made it a little OP :p

I often use Shaymin in Platinum play, it's cute, and I like its Seed Flare because it is powerful and hits the mark most of the time.
I've never actually used Shaymin before, and used to think it was a horrible Pokemon. Then I got Pokemon Rumble, and realised that Seed Flare was actually a pretty awesome move, and went to spam all my opponents with it :D But yeah, the fact that it was one of the smaller legendaries' whose design was more based on being cute, I didn't really expect it to be anything exceptional, but I guess I've learned not to judge a book by its cover when it comes to legendaries, because they usually end up surprising me if I do :p

So I have all new respect for both Keldeo and Kyurem now! They were both Pokémon that I previously hated, but I loved Keldeo's personality in the movie (plus he's really pretty!) and Kyurem was just a huge badass ahah. I can't wait to see more of the movies, they're basically the only way I start to like legendary Pokémon bar the non-naturally-insane ones XD
I definitely know the feeling! I don't really like legendaries who haven't made a significant appearance in the anime the same way as I do with the ones who have, because it's just so much easier to form an opinion on someone when they actually have character. That's why it's easier to explain why I like Pokemon such as Mewtwo and Shaymin, rather than others. However, that doesn't mean they're automatically at the top of favourite list >:O Lugia all the way!

I have to say, the Tao Trio in the 5th Generation. I had a lot of fun experimenting with Reshiram and Zekrom's Fusion moves and also using my Kyurem in Black 2, and since I had Zekrom and also traded my Reshiram from Black over I was able to also test out Black and White Kyurem, and I had a lot of fun using it. Maybe I might make it a permanent team member sometime.
I actually really enjoyed using Black Kyurem (I guess that fits into the trio :p) in Black 2, just because of its amazing design and how great it was to use in battle. It was the main reason to why I was actually able to get around and do post-game stuff, because I was too lazy to train my Pokemon up to be able to actually face all the trainers and their insanely high-leveled Pokemon. I mean jeez man, why the huge jump??

Woo, new members~!

Hmm, out of all of them, Darkrai. I tend to favor dark types, and Darkrai is like the greatest candy in a bowl of sweets. His naturally learned moves are great together, if you know how to pair them. Usually I lean towards the strategy 'Hit em fast and hard', but Darkrai makes me want to plan out my moves more. Plus Dark Void is very useful, as is his ability. It keeps him from losing HP, while the opponent's is whittled away. Like I said, very useful.

If I couldn't have Darkrai, then Palkia. More for sentimental reasons than anything else. He's the legendary of the game that introduced me to pokemon. :3
The only time I've used Darkrai was in Pokemon Online matches, but man was it fun to watch people rage when I used the Dark Void strategy :D Then they beat me up once they managed to take my Darkrai down though :(

Because I'm attracted to 3rd Gen, I'm gonna say the Legendary Birds Trio. They are effective against most of the pokemons except Rock(Articuno can wipe that out), Electric. Also they were the first legendaries I ever caught in my trainer life.
I'm assuming you're referring to Firered and Leafgreen, right? In that case, I only really liked Zapdos out of the three in that game for some reason. It doesn't really make sense, since Moltres actually got better in the remakes, compared to how it was back in the originals, and Articuno is one of the fan favourites, but I just never got to use the other two that much. Zapdos was definitely a beast though :p

Favorite Mascot?
Ms. Suicune would have to be my answer, mainly because its not as hyped as the best Legendary Pokemon of the generation (via Lugia, Ho-Oh, Giratina, Reshiram, etc) & not to mention it was Crystal which in my opinion, was tons better than Gold/Silver.

Username: Sector Revenge
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Latias & Cresselia

Nice to see that someone else was finally able to manage a Legendary club after all. Looking great Blade!
Welcome to the club Sector! I've never had a Crystal of my own, but I've played it through a couple of my friends who had it, and speaking from my younger self, it sucked because they'd fixed the cloning glitch! It's not fun if I can't get a team of 6 identical of Typhlosions >:(

Suicune was the only one of the three cats I caught though, so it's definitely my favourite out of the three :D

Username: reshiram9

My partners: Reshiram and Angellean

Current topic: My faorite legendary pokemon and my favorte pokemon of all time is my very own Lv. 100 reshirm it never fails me it looks awsome and i really relate to it.
Welcome to the club! Just from your name it was quite easy to guess that you might like Reshiram, however I'm not quite sure which Pokemon Angellean is :o

The only legendary I can remember using is Cresselia on one of my teams. When used correctly she can really deal damage and sweep the opponent's team. Also helps she's also so pretty and a gift from one of my pairs <3
True! I was definitely surprised when I used her in Black 2, as I didn't really expect her to be useful at all, and I mainly just caught her for my legendary collection :p Joke's on me though, because she turned out to be one of the strongest ones on my team :)

I don't have any particular favorite, I usually just use the mascot legendary a lot o 3o Though I use Arceus a little more than others just 'cuz.
Gurll, where'd you get an Arceus from :O

Username: rhettz_emboar
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Zekrom and Cobalion
Answer a Topic: Cobalion. Because i like his skill or moves specially his sacred sword, it only not inflict damage it also neglects all stat changes, thats why i love him to use in battles. And hes so cool. :]
I actually didn't really like using the Musketeer trio, though I only played through B2 where I felt like they showed up in a very inconvenient way, so I guess I never really gave them a chance :p

And all this trio talk gave me an idea for a new topic :D

Which is your favourite trio and why? And if you can choose between them, which one of the three Pokemon in that trio is your favourite?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Which is your favourite trio and why? And if you can choose between them, which one of the three Pokemon in that trio is your favourite?
My favorite trio is the legendary birds Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Out of these three Articuno is my favorite one. I love its coloring and its design is so cool. It even sparkles :o

a pic I found I thought I'll share ^^
Spoiler:

Reactions: EB
Years
Heheh, welcome and hello everybody! Man I love this club~!

~Which is your favourite trio and why? And if you can choose between them, which one of the three Pokemon in that trio is your favourite?~

Hmm, I'm torn between the Creation and Bird trio. I probably favor the first more than the latter though. I love Palkia the most, but Girantina is a close second. Out of the birds, though, Articuno wins. It's such a beautiful pokemon!

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
My favorite is the legendary beast trio. you know: Suicune, Raikou and Entei. They look awesome, and i like their design. though i don't like raikou THAT much.
My favorite of the three is Entei. I really like his design. That long hair thing on his back looks like fog, and that's really cool. His typing is good too (i like fire types).
Suicune looks awesome too. He just look a bit too 'beautiful' for my taste. I also like that thing in his forehead. Most of all, he doesn't have a mustache-like thing which makes him better to be refered to as a SHE than a he.
Raikou. He looks good. He just doesn't quite got my taste. Maybe because of that purple curly hair of his, or his white zigzag tail, or other factors.
So yeah...that's all I could say.

Olli

Years
My favorite trio is the legendary birds Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Out of these three Articuno is my favorite one. I love its coloring and its design is so cool. It even sparkles :o

a pic I found I thought I'll share ^^
Spoiler:

Heheh, welcome and hello everybody! Man I love this club~!

~Which is your favourite trio and why? And if you can choose between them, which one of the three Pokemon in that trio is your favourite?~

Hmm, I'm torn between the Creation and Bird trio. I probably favor the first more than the latter though. I love Palkia the most, but Girantina is a close second. Out of the birds, though, Articuno wins. It's such a beautiful pokemon!
Seems like a lot of people prefer Articuno over the others entirely because of his design, and I can't say I blame y'all. Back in the originals, I would've totally chosen Articuno as my favourite of the trio, as I was relatively unfamiliar with the three, since I didn't get to play my Blue version that much before getting Silver, and it was a shared game between me and my brother, but he regarded it as his, so it was rare that he actually allowed me to play it (only really when I whined to my mom about it :D). But yeah, I generally just liked Articuno more because its design was one of the best of the games. And back then it didn't even have the beautiful colours it has now, so I didn't actually get to see just how amazing it looked until my brother traded it to his Gold version. I also managed to beat the E4 with Articuno alone, but that was only really because my brother had trained it lvl 100 and given it all the moves necessary, so I can't really take any credit for that B( But yeah, nowadays I'm leaning more towards team Zapdos, just because it's the one that's saved my behind the most times, probably mostly due to Drill Peck which it didn't have in R/B/G/Y ;p

My favorite is the legendary beast trio. you know: Suicune, Raikou and Entei. They look awesome, and i like their design. though i don't like raikou THAT much.
My favorite of the three is Entei. I really like his design. That long hair thing on his back looks like fog, and that's really cool. His typing is good too (i like fire types).
Suicune looks awesome too. He just look a bit too 'beautiful' for my taste. I also like that thing in his forehead. Most of all, he doesn't have a mustache-like thing which makes him better to be refered to as a SHE than a he.
Raikou. He looks good. He just doesn't quite got my taste. Maybe because of that purple curly hair of his, or his white zigzag tail, or other factors.
So yeah...that's all I could say.
The legendary beasts are definitely also my favourite trio, mainly because they were kinda out of the ordinary. They weren't stationary legendaries, which made meeting them and catching them so much more fulfilling, because there was more of a challenge in it, and unless you were hunting for them, you'd never know just when they'd show up. In all my time playing Silver, I only ever managed to capture Suicune, so I can easily say that one's my favourite of them. I also like its design much more than the others, because it has that majestic look, just like Articuno, and a lot of other Ice types to be honest, and it also seems like its the head of trio, since it was the only one of the three to make a titular legendary, as well as apparently having a closer relation to Ho-oh in the anime, only showing itself to certain people.

I don't really dislike any of the three, and consider them all pretty close in terms of which one's my favourite. Entei and Raikou are probably equal in that regard, and Suicune only itches on top because it was the only one I ever caught. Back before Crystal, I didn't really like Raikou though, but that was entirely because of its design. It was incredibly ugly, and doesn't look much like the one we know of today, which thankfully has a much more polished and awesome design, compared to the horrible creature Gold and Silver brought us. It was only because I got a trading card with its new and improved design that I started liking it. But yeah, today they're all pretty close.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokémon: Articuno and Suicune
Current topic: My favorite legendary to use in battle was Suicune because I used Suicune more than the others, and I like mysterious Water-types anyway.

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I hope you don't mind if I join :)

Username: FayAurora
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Suicune and Mew!
Answer a Topic (Which legendary Pokemon is your favourite to use in battle?): I personally like using Raikou, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-oh. If it's a double battle, I like to have some fun with using Latios and Latias.

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to te club CloysterOyster and FayAurora!!

Wait, you've never used a legendary before? Catching and battling with the legendaries used to be the highlight of my playthroughs of any game back when I used to play it regularly, so it's really hard to imagine someone playing through the game without at least trying out at least one legendary in battle. Unless you've barely even played the games, which I guess would make sense, since it's a pretty big franchise, so it's not only the games that draw people into the forums :p
Nope never battled with a legendary before :p I have completed quite a few games.. But I never caught a legendary Pokemon so.. :P

FayAurora

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Thanks, Avishka!
And that's interesting to hear! I don't think I know anybody who has never battled with a legendary! But that's not bad, because now you can say you're one of a kind ;)

Olli

Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokémon: Articuno and Suicune
Current topic: My favorite legendary to use in battle was Suicune because I used Suicune more than the others, and I like mysterious Water-types anyway.
Welcome to the club! I definitely liked using Suicune in battle as well, but it wsa kinda overshadowed by Lugia, so I didn't really use it that often, but I can totally see why it'd be your favourite :)

I hope you don't mind if I join :)

Username: FayAurora
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Suicune and Mew!
Answer a Topic (Which legendary Pokemon is your favourite to use in battle?): I personally like using Raikou, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-oh. If it's a double battle, I like to have some fun with using Latios and Latios
Wait, two Latios? Or did you mean to say Latios and Latias? Either way, it's always fun to use two matching Pokemon in double battles, even if it isn't always practical. You've got a wide range of preferred legendaries to use in battle though, which I like! Means you don't just restrict yourself to certain Pokemon :D Welcome to the club!

Nope never battled with a legendary before :p I have completed quite a few games.. But I never caught a legendary Pokemon so.. :P
You never even caught one?! I always found the intriguing part of the post-game in any Pokemon game, mostly before I became familiar with Bulbapedia and ended up spoiling myself all the time. It was always great to know that there might always be another mysterious Pokemon that I wasn't aware of out there, and it was one of the things that always kept me going. This was mostly prominent in the second generation and third generation games for me, where in the second generation games, I spent a loooooong time searching for Lugia, and in the third generation games I also spent quite a while figuring out the regi puzzle. That was before like half of the legendaries became event exclusives though, so I never really felt that way with the fourth or fifth generation, because they weren't really as cleverly hidden as the regis for example, and quite a few of them were event exclusives :(

But yeah, I guess it's mostly the designs of the legendaries that appeal to you then? :D

FayAurora

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Wait, two Latios? Or did you mean to say Latios and Latias? Either way, it's always fun to use two matching Pokemon in double battles, even if it isn't always practical. You've got a wide range of preferred legendaries to use in battle though, which I like! Means you don't just restrict yourself to certain Pokemon :D Welcome to the club!

Woops! Lol yes, I meant Latios and Latias! And it is fun to use them, because fun always overrides practicality in my games ;) I like sticking to certain Pokemon sometimes, but I've found it's easier to have a variety. Plus, again, it's more fun! ^-^
And thanks for the welcome!

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Username:UltraMew
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners:Mew and Keldeo
Answer a Topic:I love using Mew in battle!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, folks with the most regal taste in Pokemon. B)

@Reshiram9: Your second partner Pokemon has to be a Pokemon from the actual games / on the list in the first post of this thread.

@Sector: I noticed a while back that Iloveeevee would be joining with your two partner Pokemon, and you didn't disappoint. ;D Great to see you around and thanks for the kind words!

Hmm hmm hmm.... Gonna have to go with the legendary beast trio. I'm such a Johto fan. Okay not really, I do like their design and background story! They have nice battle music too. :P To decide between Raikou and Suicune is a mighty challenge yet. ;_;

I've come across a picture of Yveltal, thought it was cool.

tumblr_mgnkbdqz2P1qa8kbzo1_500.jpg

FayAurora

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Felt like answering the topic ;)
That would be the Legendary Beasts, because they have always been my favorite, though Suicune is my favorite of the three, followed by Raikou, and finally Entei :)

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Thanks, Avishka!
And that's interesting to hear! I don't think I know anybody who has never battled with a legendary! But that's not bad, because now you can say you're one of a kind ;)
you're welcome Fay!
i hope i am not one of kind..i mean there must be someone out there who haven't played a legendary pokemon....right??

You never even caught one?! I always found the intriguing part of the post-game in any Pokemon game, mostly before I became familiar with Bulbapedia and ended up spoiling myself all the time. It was always great to know that there might always be another mysterious Pokemon that I wasn't aware of out there, and it was one of the things that always kept me going. This was mostly prominent in the second generation and third generation games for me, where in the second generation games, I spent a loooooong time searching for Lugia, and in the third generation games I also spent quite a while figuring out the regi puzzle. That was before like half of the legendaries became event exclusives though, so I never really felt that way with the fourth or fifth generation, because they weren't really as cleverly hidden as the regis for example, and quite a few of them were event exclusives :(
i have never caught and never played with a legendary before olli never.T_T cheater. man...now i wish that i had battled with a legendary pokemon. i'll try try to catch one next time i play the games.

But yeah, I guess it's mostly the designs of the legendaries that appeal to you then? :D
yeah and also... the pokemon movies :P

I love the 3 legendary beasts- Rakiou, Entei, and Suicine. I've always liked them better than the others, I like Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, too, but not as much as the three legendary beasts, though. So those three (Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres) would've to be my second favorite.
I like The Beasts of Jhoto main for the designs. They look not only very natural, but they're not overblown or repeated. They've stayed pretty much their own creations with no other legendary looking quite the way they do. :)
my fave beasts are suicine and Raikou. i can't choose between them.. :(

@TwilightBlade awesome pic

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Username: Tournoiement

2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Mew and Shaymin! .

Answer a Topic: What is your favorite legendary Pokémon?
It's of course Mew and Shaymin, not only cuteness but they also have the Powers. I mean, who wouldn't love those Psychic Bubbles and the Blue Mews? Shaymin too because, I love plants. Who would want a forme-changing Pokemon when exposed to flowers. It also grows flowers in its back. How cutee~ Teehee~.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back