• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Location, Location, Location?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Well if they do base it on France, it would be cool if they named ONE of the characters Eleanor after Eleanor of Aquitaine because she is a really interesting historical character. But hopefully there aren't a ton of dumb stereotypes like berets and snails and stuff.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I think people are generalizing it to Europe for speculation, but I would really love to see it based in France specifically. It gives them more room to work with other European countries in the future, as well.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
France?

So a few people may have said already that the structure in the back of one of the scenes of the trailer looks like the eiffel tower. However, most still think this doesn't actually mean it would be located in france.
So now to get to my point, i may be one of the only ones to not have seen this immediately, but right at the start of the trailer, pikachu is standing in a city, now that doesnt mean very much, but when you see him doing his thundershock attack and the camera slowly moves out of there and shows the whole earth. When you pause it at the right time, at about 00:13. You can clearly see pikachu was standing on the Eiffel Tower. Also, it is shown the thundershock is directly coming from the center of Europe.
To come to a conclusion, Is this something everyone already knew about and didnt see it as enough information?? Or am i the first one to see this? Anyways, i made this thread to speculate if this game would be set in france or not, and if this is a confirmation or not.

For reference, Here's a picture of what i saw
xmct4.jpg

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
Definitely Europe in general, which would suggest a London analogy on an island? It's been a while since we've had an island city. We also see tulips in the preview video (which would suggest the Netherlands are featured somehow) and the big castle's design appears to be based on Frederiksborg Palace in Denmark. The only thing I haven't figured out is the UFO-like buildings in the desert setting. The desert would suggest it's equivalent to Spain, but those buildings don't fit any Spanish architecture I can find.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... earlier I was thinking that the region might actually be set in Paris. But then again... when I looked at it on Google Earth, it was completely inland. So now I kind of think that the new region would probably be based in France, but I'm thinking it'll take place somewhere on the west side of France.

So it kind of makes me think that the region will kind of look more like this:
Spoiler:

What do you think? Is this a good location for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y to be set in? :o

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Drag some London and Stone Henge onto the map from the northeast and it'll be fine xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Looks okay! I like that there's little islands nearby. Travelling to them would be awesome as extra little things, such as travelling to the islands, and stuff, like Liberty Garden. :3

Plus then we'd have extra things to do after exploring the main region!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Looking around sub-reddit Pokemon and came across this from 4chan: http://imgur.com/Cc5scHt

While it doesn't give a convincing counter argument for France, it does give us another idea. Perhaps the region is actually the British Isles?

From wikipedia: "Cernunnos was a god in Celtic mythology that possessed two deer antlers on the top of his head. He was known as The Horned One or The Horned God despite having antlers and not horns. Cernunnos is also known as The Stag Lord, The Horned God of the Hunt, The Lord of the Forest, The Lord of the Hunt, and The Lord of the Animals.[4] However, it is impossible to know exactly because there is no one particular myth concerning him."

a Celtic Stag? Similar to Xerneas perhaps?

EDIT: Also (http://imgur.com/r/pokemon/feeJWSE) something else to add to the Britain-based idea.

Anyone else dig up some information on the possibility of it being in Britain? Or perhaps somewhere else entirely?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oooooh that's really interesting. Right now I actually believe the Britain thing more than France, really. Plus it'd make sense - covering the "major" English speaking locations, starting from America, to Britain, to Australia, etc. Also if that's right, it means that GF were intentionally trying to trick us from the start - good stuff you found imo.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
That does make a lot of sense~! Yeah, I can totally see the games being based off of Britain instead of France now; which can be actually quite interesting! Britain does have a lot of cool architecture, so I'd like to see more of it there. Well, maybe not just Britain, but I would like to see X and Y being base doff of Europe in General.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Probably gonna be france, but hat's off to considering Britain. I mean I don't get the point in having your most used mascot on top of the most famous French landmark starting off a trailer for a game which has very Parisian architecture in a city that features a huge Eiffel Tower like structure, only to give us Britain of all things. You do that not as a red-herring, but to get people thinking of what a Paris based region can be like. Not to mention, the Manga site has some French Adventure thing, and Masuda has been in Paris for a while a couple months ago, being super happy about it and what not.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Versailles
The Palace of Versailles. Almost exact same architecture for that palace, and the huge water body with a bridge is strikingly similar.
http://www.google.gr/search?q=paris...QMenW0QXamYDYBA&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=911
Take also a good look at all these buildings, compared to XY. Kinda the same vibe going on right? You know why too, right? Yes, because its based on France!

Guy

just a guy
Years
That's some pretty interesting connections there. Although, I'm still pretty convinced that the new region will be set in France. Even the starters seem to have a strong link to the culture of France than most. That being said, I also hope the new region is influenced from Europe in general and not just one specific country.

Britain would make for a beautiful region though, so I wouldn't mind if it were Britain and not France.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Probably gonna be france, but hat's off to considering Britain. I mean I don't get the point in having your most used mascot on top of the most famous French landmark starting off a trailer for a game which has very Parisian architecture in a city that features a huge Eiffel Tower like structure, only to give us Britain of all things. You do that not as a red-herring, but to get people thinking of what a Paris based region can be like. Not to mention, the Manga site has some French Adventure thing, and Masuda has been in Paris for a while a couple months ago, being super happy about it and what not.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Versailles
The Palace of Versailles. Almost exact same architecture for that palace, and the huge water body with a bridge is strikingly similar.
http://www.google.gr/search?q=paris...QMenW0QXamYDYBA&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=911
Take also a good look at all these buildings, compared to XY. Kinda the same vibe going on right? You know why too, right? Yes, because its based on France!

Well it could be both Britain and France. I mean Unova wasn't TOTALLY 100% in line with New York so they could mix around things a little (and honestly both Britain and France's architecture looks similar to me :x)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's france, one can cleary see the river seine behind Pikachu when it shoots out the bolts covering the world in the announcement, plus the tower in that scene was cleary the eiffle tower. Saying it's britain seems to have less going for it than when some of us speculated Unova was based on Shanghai.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
As a Brit, I can safely say that the in game tower in no way is based on Blackpool tower, the in game tower is clearly in the middle of a town centre just like the Eiffel, and stands on its own, the Blackpool tower is sat on top of a building and is right next to the coast, so they in no way match, and also those solid ufo shaped buildings in the Barren mountain range look NOTHING like the Eden project, which is clearly transparent honeycomb domes situated on the ground surrounded by rolling green hills.

It's obvious this region is based on France and not Britain, having been to both Blackpool and the Eden Project, they just don't match.

Back