Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mackenzie
Say Somethin'!

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
I'm not sure if this had been shared before but the cloning glitch in Crystal allows you to swap pokemon bodies, dvs, levels, experiences, names and/or a combination of them. I've been actually using this to bypass the tedious process of breeding pokemon just for the sake of getting a specific hidden power, or as well as nab a quick 15/x/15/15/15/15 for a special sweeper based build. I'm not sure if this also covers pokemon gold and silver, but so far, i've attempted it (albeit somehow difficult) and the pokemon came out very well. Also if anyone's interested to go back to gsc era, having a copy of yellow can certainly help as catching ditto in cerulean cave enables easy dv checking as they all are consistent at lv.60. =)
♫ I'm boarding up - my windows - locking up - my heart ♫

chat
Old July 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
I'm not sure if this had been shared before but the cloning glitch in Crystal allows you to swap pokemon bodies, dvs, levels, experiences, names and/or a combination of them. I've been actually using this to bypass the tedious process of breeding pokemon just for the sake of getting a specific hidden power, or as well as nab a quick 15/x/15/15/15/15 for a special sweeper based build. I'm not sure if this also covers pokemon gold and silver, but so far, i've attempted it (albeit somehow difficult) and the pokemon came out very well. Also if anyone's interested to go back to gsc era, having a copy of yellow can certainly help as catching ditto in cerulean cave enables easy dv checking as they all are consistent at lv.60. =)
There's a similar glitch with bad eggs to get any Pokémon you want, including Celebi if I'm not mistaken.

Old July 28th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
just bought a blue and going to try some glitches soon (i hope)

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
There's a similar glitch with bad eggs to get any Pokémon you want, including Celebi if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, there is, but it's insanely hard to do and I have no idea how people found it in the first place. The Mew glitch, yes, you can stumble upon that by hilarious accident, but the Celebi one... I swear someone was looking for it. Hard.
"No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
Old July 30th, 2013, 09:12 PM
unt1tled
What t1tle?

4 years ago i tried the mew glitch like 5 times and still couldn't get it to work

also i remember trying to do the missingno. glitch with the old man and cinnabar island and accidentally swimming right into the open ocean and encountering a weird glitch trainer battle, only it was my rival with very strange, creepy music. he had the pokemon from the battle with him right before he becomes the champion but at the time i was legitimately overpowered and he was quite easy. upon beating him i found myself outside the door to the cinnabar pokemon center. unfortunately this glitch trainer battle isn't listed on bulbapedia. im not sure if it has anything to do with it but at the time i think my trainer name was Jake L.
Minimalism is. It just is.

I'd like to make a decent hack for the 8-Bit gen one day.
Old July 31st, 2013, 04:03 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart's Soul View Post
Yes, there is, but it's insanely hard to do and I have no idea how people found it in the first place. The Mew glitch, yes, you can stumble upon that by hilarious accident, but the Celebi one... I swear someone was looking for it. Hard.
Well I'm pretty sure by hacking into the ROM core and looking at the slots we can exploit any glitch in the world, as well as give a reasonable explanation for it. But lol true that. I found the few glitches in Blue the main one being going into the Cycling Road without a cycle looool that gave a lot of headway XD.
But the most annoying was the Mew thing. I don't know how it worked much but I couldn't seem to get it right.

Aaaand I'm gonna try Glitch City next, then Missingno and later Johto glitches.

RSE glitch I've encountered one; it's creepy. REAALLY creepy. One tuber boy walks through a wall in the interior of the abandoned ship to battle us LOL.
~
Old August 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Playing with glitches is one of my favorite things to do with my Pokemon Blue cartridge.

I really like having fun with Super Glitch, though it's a dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
Old August 7th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Just finished Pokémon Blue.
Through exploiting glitches, I got lvl 169 Charmander, lvl 132 Squirtle and lvl 134 Porygon in Cinnabar Island. Using the Mew glitch, got lvl 7 Mew and used it to get Mewtwo as well. Now trying to get all ungettable Pokémon.

Honestly, I love the Gambler in Route 8. He's given me a lot. Using the Missingno. glitch I got 139 Master Balls as well, and Rare Candies and the EV Boosters.

I'm enjoying going through these glitches, and Glitch City was certainly interesting to visit. It's amazing to know by exploiting glitches we can get unlimited items and all Pokémon. Really, it's as if Game Freak purposefully made these.

More importantly, I'm getting a drastic sense of nostalgia, and I fear I've become addicted to exploiting the glitches in Pokémon Blue.
~
Old August 24th, 2013, 12:28 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Pokemon Yellow... AKA Pokemon Glitchfest

The Long Range Trainer Glitch: In viridian forest to get myself a level 1 nidoking that then jumped straight to level 100 :D

Mew glitch: In cerulean city, got it from 1 - 100 in only one battle :D

PairFriend Code
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

There are bunch of glitches in 1st generation games. There are series of 29 videos by someone named MissingnoXpert in Youtube, you should check that out.

Also, Sydian, not trying to nit-pick or come across as a smart alec, but Mew under the truck is not a glitch, but rather an urban legend.
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
I need help guys.
You know the Ditto glitch, right? You enter the battle with someone then press enter etc. Basically, glitch to get any Pokemon you want.

I got stuck however.
First I went to battle the trainer that's a bit north from the island.
I have an Abra with stats 21. So I go into Mansion and find the ditto, he transforms into Abra, I beat him, and get out. Now I go north, and the color changes from gray to green right before I touch the water, so I assume I entered the area where that trainer is (?), but nothing happens! And since I can't enter water, I am just stuck there. I cant talk to anyone, I cant fight anyone. What do I do?
Is there something I can do?
Where can I find Pokemon that has bigger chance of having special stats 21?
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Quote:
Also, Sydian, not trying to nit-pick or come across as a smart alec, but Mew under the truck is not a glitch, but rather an urban legend.
Glad someone caught that after all these years, lol. I meant to put Mew glitch. ~_~ I'll fix that.

Quote:
Where can I find Pokemon that has bigger chance of having special stats 21?
Uhhh how far in the game are you?

Edit: I was gonna use Bulbapedia to read more about the glitch and look for a list of Pokemon by special stat, but since the site doesn't want to load, I'll probably just have to come back to this later. Bleh.

paired to crono

Last edited by Sydian; September 20th, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

Uhhh how far in the game are you?
hmm lets see. I have 5 badges, got pass Snorlax, Team Rocket, Marowak, bike road, Safari.

I went through the game now, the only trainers I can battle as soon as I see them are those in the water :/, I doubt there are more, I uncovered most of the map, I only didn't go to the city where you need to give policeman a drink, and the league. Should I restart?
I have a feeling like I am near the very end of game, and restarting wouldn't be fun enough :/
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Found it on Bulbapedia...you sure there were trainers in the Mansion to fight? Did you walk and let them see you? Cause I know with the Mew glitch, walking directly in front of them will mess it up, so I assume the same applies here. Maybe try rereading this, to make sure you didn't miss any steps?

paired to crono
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Sven

Nope, I haven't found any I could use for glitch. I battled the swimmer few steps north from the island.

Now I am seriously thinking about restarting the game...is there a topic where people discuss restarting games? :D
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Could swear there were trainers in there though. Ah well. If you have a copy of Red or Blue, Ditto are on route 15, so it's probably easier to do the glitch there. If you were trying to get Mew, there are easier ways, but I think some of those were fixed in Yellow as well. Sorry. :(

Quote:
Now I am seriously thinking about restarting the game...is there a topic where people discuss restarting games? :D
Can't tell if sarcasm or not, so just gonna take the safe route and explain that I know the Q&A threads can be annoying, but it keeps everything in check and organized. Without them, we'd have a ton of question threads everywhere, and the forums would be cluttered, messy, and the good discussion topics wouldn't stay active very long. I know you don't like them, but it makes my job a lot easier, and it keeps things looking good for y'all too. You don't want to have to sift through locked and moved threads all day, right? Anyway, I think there actually is a topic about how often you restart games floating around PGC.

paired to crono
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Sven

Quote:
Could swear there were trainers in there though. Ah well. If you have a copy of Red or Blue, Ditto are on route 15, so it's probably easier to do the glitch there. If you were trying to get Mew, there are easier ways, but I think some of those were fixed in Yellow as well. Sorry.

Can't tell if sarcasm or not, so just gonna take the safe route and explain that I know the Q&A threads can be annoying, but it keeps everything in check and organized. Without them, we'd have a ton of question threads everywhere, and the forums would be cluttered, messy, and the good discussion topics wouldn't stay active very long. I know you don't like them, but it makes my job a lot easier, and it keeps things looking good for y'all too. You don't want to have to sift through locked and moved threads all day, right? Anyway, I think there actually is a topic about how often you restart games floating around PGC.
Well, there are some trainers in there. But the problem is that you have to find a special trainer that fights you right when you see it first time on screen. One of those that surprise you out of nowhere.
I guess I could wait for another red/blue game..

Yea sure, I understand ( not sarcasm :D)
I'll look for it.

Oh my dear God I did it, I did it, I DID IT!!! I found a way woooooooooooooo!!!! I won't have to restart after all!

if someone wants, I can make a topic with full tutorial on how to do it. :D

Sydian, you can delete other two posts, sorry for spamming same thing.

Last edited by Sven; September 20th, 2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Quote:
Could swear there were trainers in there though. Ah well. If you have a copy of Red or Blue, Ditto are on route 15, so it's probably easier to do the glitch there. If you were trying to get Mew, there are easier ways, but I think some of those were fixed in Yellow as well. Sorry.
I don't think any of the major glitches in Red and Blue were fixed in Yellow.

Last edited by Aeroblast; September 20th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Quote:
I don't think any of the major glitches in Red and Blue were fixed in Yellow.
I read that some were fixed, or were changed in some way.

Anyway though, I've decided that I'm going to let glitches have their own threads now instead of globbing them together in this one thread. I think it will promote discussion much better.

paired to crono
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here