• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Did you ever play the original green?

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Never have, probably never will, but it would be pretty cool to play it since it, along with japanese red, were the first two pokemon games made.

vovillia

CEO & Owner of VoVillia Corp.
Years
Never have. :( I want to though!! I love old games and I love Green sprites. They're so ugly they're fabulous. Plus I'm OCD about my main game collection and without Green, I feel really incomplete.

I so agree with you, I always wanted to play Green, but I don't understand a word of Japanese at all, Leaf Green was nice, but it isn't the same :(

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Played all 4 versions of generation 1 games. Feels so good owning these games, especially the Japanese version of Pokemon Blue.

GalacticGlameow

Galactic Grunt!
Years
I own the English versions of Pokemon Blue and Yellow for my GameBoy. I don't know why I have Blue instead of Green. XD Bulbasaur is my favorite starter. I love the original Pokemon games because they have the most familiar characters and aren't so confusing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
I really want to!!!!! But the cartridge, but sadly I don't think that will happen!!! D: first there is finding a copy, then convincing my mum to pay (because it won't be cheap, and how can I convince her to buy a game in another language which will eventually die cuase of the save battery) who knows maybe if I ever go to Japan.....

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
the cartridge version of green: no, on an emulator I tried but just couldn't do it and kept sending out the wrong pokemon.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I indeed did and yep it was horribly translated (Fan translation btw) and the sprites were just creepy and terribad. But on the other hand it was funny reading some of the text like "Omni-Potent Ball" and "Oter"

So there you have it.

tnfsf11

I played the original green then choved my arm down my throat because the lavender town music was so high pitched and I died...
Then I got resurrected by letting a channeler have a litre of my blood.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
Nope never did, but i think im gonna have to try it... might be difficult because i have no idea how to read Japanese.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
Years
Nope. I have one being sent to me soon that I got on ebay. Assuming that it's not fake. And hopefully the battery's not dead, otherwise I'll have to replace it. I've never really played the 1st gen games. Only a little bit of Red, and then firered and leafgreen. I did play a japanese version of pokemon gold once and it was pretty confusing, but hopefully I won't have too much trouble.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
A couple mates had it when they attended college with me, they had completed it, regardless of being in Japanese, but I suppose if you know your 1st Gen you can do it regardless of language.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
I have played it, and beaten it. I don't know how to read Japanese, but if you've played a Gen 1 Pokemon game before you can get through Pokemon Green. I got Green version awhile back at a garage sale along with the Japanese Red and Blue versions.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
No, I can't say I have ever played that one. I have Pokémon Red and Blue, however, and I have read that the Japanese Green version is the same as the North American Blue version.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
No, I have never played the original. However, I do have a fake version of it x3

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Yes, I have already played Green, but never finished it. Japanese language is very boring. I don't even reached Brock's gym.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2013
I've have green. The sprites are so bad! Have you seen Mews sprite in Green? Ewwww.

blue

gucci
Years
I met someone on holiday who had Green Version, I played it briefly but I didn't really like it compared to Red, Blue and Yellow back then.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
I played the one with crappy English translations. I was a kid when I played it, but I knew how to speak English well (English isn't our native language). It was good, if you didn't count crappy English.

Back