• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Better or worse?

Black/White or Black/White 2?

• Black/White

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Black/White 2

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
When it gets right down to it, I prefer Black and White, but only by a bit. I really like all the side stuff to do in B2/W2 and some of the features they added were really nice (and long overdue), but I just loved the whole feel of B/W - it really did feel fresh and new, and since my favorite part of playing a new pokemon game is finding and catching and using and getting to know all the new pokemon, it was just great to have a game in which there was nothing but new pokemon.

Years
I highly prefer BW2. The story was much more engaging and I loved how involved your rival was this time around. Black and White weren't bad, not at all, but I just preferred the features and changes to the story B/W2 brought!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
GF has never made a third game that was worse than the previous ones in a generation. There's the exception of Yellow, true, but I don't consider Yellow a "proper" third game. That one was Pokémon Blue version from Japan, from which the sprites of the American versions of Red and Blue were taken. As everyone knows by now, the proper Japanese versions were Red and Green, with Blue as the third, forming the perfect RGB color spectrum.

I think the story of BW was superior, but a lot of things I found wrong with BW2 were due to the fact it was released after BW, using the same region as a template. Mainly, the fact that, from Nimbasa to Mistralton, the story is a repetition of the BW one. If BW2 was BW1, I think it would've been even better received.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I thought the story was much better in BW than it was in BW2. I thought that the story was believable and amazing in BW. It had a sense of depth. But in BW2 they wanted to freeze the whole land with ice... Really? I thought this was lame and not believable at all. I have to say that I was disappointed very much when it came to the storyline in BW2.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
BW had the better story, but the sequal added game feature that I wanted a lot. PWT ROTATION BATTLES!

Everyone has wanted to rematch Gym Leaders for a long time. PWT satisfies that itch in a way no one was expecting. Plus, it allows me to indulge in rotation battle which barely existed in the first game.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I prefer Black and White for story but Black and White 2 had better features, rotation battles, PWT, etc. I also enjoyed the new towns and cities B/W 2 added and things like the Marine Tube and actually being able to use the airport.

Years
I like the sequels, they allow you to change the ugly kyurem into something sexy, it gives you the chance to rebattle pokemon breeders, and you can continue to battle and train your pokemon in the white tree and black tower.

Nakala Pri

Well, I have got to say, Black/White 2 does hold some features which makes Black/White look like crappy, but really, Black/White 2 is just trying to seem better because you get to have International Battles, go into a Marine Tube, use the Airport, have to stop World Domination. But through all that, did you ENJOY the story-line more then the original? THAT'S what you have got to ask yourself.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Hmm, I can't say because I haven't black BW2 yet, but I own Black and its lingered with no play after I beat the Pokemon league two years ago..:/ It was really boring after that. I can't decide if Black 2 is worth purchasing, or if I should just wait till X&Y's release (but that is such a long time!)..Thoughts? How is the gameplay pre and post pokemon league?

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Both were fun, but I preferred BW2 over BW. Like it should be, the successor should be the better game. I liked BW2 better because there were more things to do, and I liked that you could go to N's castle afterwards, and there were still quite a few things to do after defeating the Elite Four. Also, there was a harder mode after you beat the game the first time. Also, BW2 was just a bit more challenging for me overall than BW were. Overall, both amazing games though, I can't wait for X and Y!!

Back