• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Soul *APPLICATIONS OPEN*

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Name: [supporter]®ock§mashGod[/supporter], but you can call me Alex
Skills: 3+ years of mapping exprience (with custom tilesets), and 2.5+ years of scripting with PKSV-UI
Position you are applying for: Lead Scripter
Proof of work: My hack, Pokémon Dragonstone
Short autobiography: I'm a 15-year-old high school student who has a passion for ROM hacking and programming; I enjoy creating applications in C and C# and am working on a ROM hacking library DLL in C.

Also, I have a question. Will we be using a CMS or some other method of online project management? I don't see it as incredibly fruitful unless we have a place to keep a communal latest build, as well as a system of preventing modification conflicts (i.e. only one person is editing at a time). Also, I'd love to be your co-leader for the project, if that's alright with you. I'm skilled at organization and thought process, and I have invested years into this passion already, so why not?

Last edited:

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Name: [supporter]®ock§mashGod[/supporter], but you can call me Alex
Skills: 3+ years of mapping exprience (with custom tilesets), and 2.5+ years of scripting with PKSV-UI
Position you are applying for: Lead Scripter
Proof of work: My hack, Pokémon Dragonstone
Short autobiography: I'm a 15-year-old high school student who has a passion for ROM hacking and programming; I enjoy creating applications in C and C# and am working on a ROM hacking library DLL in C.

Also, I have a question. Will we be using a CMS or some other method of online project management? I don't see it as incredibly fruitful unless we have a place to keep a communal latest build, as well as a system of preventing modification conflicts (i.e. only one person is editing at a time). Also, I'd love to be your co-leader for the project, if that's alright with you. I'm skilled at organization and thought process, and I have invested years into this passion already, so why not?

Accepted for Lead Scripter and Co-Leader!

And yes, i will be using a cms, i believe i may use Dropbox, but im not sure.
Expect a PM from be tonight, im off to class. :)

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Bump-

We have a lead scripter, co-leader- cry inserter, and spriter.
Now we require mappers. If you can map, insert tiles, and any of that jazz, please apply!

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
I can map tho I dont have pictures lol

Denied. I do not want posts like this in my hack thread. Use the proper application format, provide proof, and of course, be mature. This is not mature, this is just lazy. If you can wow me with your next application, i may put you on the team. POSSIBLY.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Denied. I do not want posts like this in my hack thread. Use the proper application format, provide proof, and of course, be mature. This is not mature, this is just lazy. If you can wow me with your next application, i may put you on the team. POSSIBLY.

Don't even bother, lol. It's just spam.

If no one takes up the position for mapper, I'd be happy to fill if no one does. It'd be hard for me to have consistent overworld interactions without control of the map, so… :x

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Don't even bother, lol. It's just spam.

If no one takes up the position for mapper, I'd be happy to fill if no one does. It'd be hard for me to have consistent overworld interactions without control of the map, so… :x

I agree. Ill give you the rom- i think we might be going with a fire red rom, i mean theres so many ROM bases, JPAN'S Hack base, and more people know how to hack it. Id love the co-leaders opiniom (you lol) and anyone else on the team/applicants.

ALSO- i can now insert cries in high quality, and also i am working on my music insertion skills.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Just so you know, I got Sappy working smoothly on Windows 8 64-bit by downloading the Sappy installer from The Helmeted Rodent's website, and then copying everything included with Galooloo's Sappy (found on PC). If things aren't working, try that; the installer adds all of its VB6 OCX files that aren't included on Windows 6.x (as OCXes, anyway), and Galooloo's Sappy is mod 17.1 with a non-corrupted XML file.

Also, I think that it'd be a good idea to use JPAN's FireRed Hacked—if we're going to use FireRed—since 255 flags and 255 variables is nowhere near enough (in R/S/E you can have any value as a var or a flag).

Yes. Updated cries are a must if we're going to have new Pokémon. Also, I strongly suggest expanding the Pokédex for Gen IV, V, and VI Pokémon, 'cause it wouldn't be the same with only new ones.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
As Alex mentioned above, we may be switching to a Fire Red rom, so if you posses FR hacking skills, please apply! :)

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
I have learned how to insert cries, so no more cry inserters are needed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfXMTRgLPMA

Did some simple CSS to make the post more appealing to the eye.
Also updated the team members, added the "leaders" and soon to add all team members in a list like

Karinmo
®ock§mashGod
BobbyBilly
BillykillyWillieee

You get the dang idea. xD

Last edited:

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
Years
Name: Syren
Skills: 2+ years of Sprite editing for personal use
Position applying for: Spriter
Proof of Work: will come back and post once i get on my computer (on ipad atm)
Short Bio: i'm a 20 year old University student who enjoys messing with sprites. when i was in high school, i was a player for the game "Pokemon Moon" and when i saw their custom sprites, i thought it looked cool, and wanted to create my own. atm i am looking into learning the art of scripting, but its slightly difficult to do downloads at the school i am at, so sprites are the inly things i can do.

and i have a question. i am a music major, and have been trained to use apple logic pr and a few other music programs. are you wanting to stick to the Fire Red 8-bit songs, or would you want to see if i can use like the new upgraded songs from Game Freak that came out last month?

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Name: Syren
Skills: 2+ years of Sprite editing for personal use
Position applying for: Spriter
Proof of Work: will come back and post once i get on my computer (on ipad atm)
Short Bio: i'm a 20 year old University student who enjoys messing with sprites. when i was in high school, i was a player for the game "Pokemon Moon" and when i saw their custom sprites, i thought it looked cool, and wanted to create my own. atm i am looking into learning the art of scripting, but its slightly difficult to do downloads at the school i am at, so sprites are the inly things i can do.

and i have a question. i am a music major, and have been trained to use apple logic pr and a few other music programs. are you wanting to stick to the Fire Red 8-bit songs, or would you want to see if i can use like the new upgraded songs from Game Freak that came out last month?

Accepted! Make sure you get me that proof soon bro :)
And yes, we will be using new songs, a combination of X&Y, D&P, B&W, so just expect it all :) And if you can get some new music in there, id love the help!

If you are part of the team, please join the PokeSphere forum, its where we will be discussing a number of things about our hack. Once you are registered, Rocksmashgod will add you to the Pokemon Soul forum.

Last edited:

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
Years
i'm not sure if it will let me put text in the box after putting this image, it doesn't look like it. but i'll pm you in a minute anyways. I just did these ones about 15 minutes ago, so they are kind of crap. but if you want an authentic true test, you could say a combination of pokemon and I will put them together to show my worth... I guess, lol.
picture.php

This is one I made for a Dragon type Eevee. its color shceme is based upon Reshiram and Zekrom, with some green from Vibrava. it is made up of Umbreon, Milotic, Vibrava, Garchomp, Woobat, Houndour, and Dratini. okay, I think I have posted enough. are these satisfactory?

picture.php

Last edited:

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
I love the dragon eevee. Yes you are accpeted, please start working on a backsprite of that eevee and PM me it :)

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Name: Jeannes.Thinkin
Skills: Mapping, Ideas (on storyline and fakemon) for the People with Writers Block. ^^
Position you are applying for: Mapping. Ideas for fakemon if you need it.
Proof of work:
Spoiler:
One of my prototype maps on the hack I am working on. I am learning how to insert tiles, so eventually tile inserting
Short autobiography: HIIIII!!!! I'm Jo, and I love Pokemon, obviously. I am loud, as you can see, and talkative. My signature fakemon is The Seven Ancients (My pride and joy!) The hack I am working on is Pokemon - The Mysterious Meteorite. That hack is still on storyboarding but coming out really well.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Name: Jeannes.Thinkin
Skills: Mapping, Ideas (on storyline and fakemon) for the People with Writers Block. ^^
Position you are applying for: Mapping. Ideas for fakemon if you need it.
Proof of work:
Spoiler:
One of my prototype maps on the hack I am working on. I am learning how to insert tiles, so eventually tile inserting
Short autobiography: HIIIII!!!! I'm Jo, and I love Pokemon, obviously. I am loud, as you can see, and talkative. My signature fakemon is The Seven Ancients (My pride and joy!) The hack I am working on is Pokemon - The Mysterious Meteorite. That hack is still on storyboarding but coming out really well.

Sorry but the maps look too empty. :/
Work on them a little and apply again :)

Years
Name: Jonathon Robert Ballam.
Skills: Spriting.
Position you are applying for: Fakemon Spriter.
Proof of work: i.imgur.com/rZ8FoKu.png
Short autobiography: I am a person. That is all.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Name: Jonathon Robert Ballam.
Skills: Spriting.
Position you are applying for: Fakemon Spriter.
Proof of work: i.imgur.com/rZ8FoKu.png
Short autobiography: I am a person. That is all.

Dang, nice sprites. Accepted! Mind if I use that sprite or is that for another hack?

Back