• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 29, 2011
what is the best level to evolve a pokemon using stones, etc? i always wondered that if you wanted to get the best out of leveling up...

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Random question, but if you used Toxic on a pokemon with the ability 'Poison heal' I think its called. Would the amount of hp it restores increase each turn like toxic's effect gets worse, or does it stay the same amount? Sorry if this is the wrong place. :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
What are the chances of the baby of a Shiny Male and a Foreign Female being shiny?
FF : FFFF = 4x8 : 65536 = 4 : 4096 = 1 : 1024

So, in theory, you would have to breed 1024 eggs to get a shiny one. But in the non-theoretical life, it depends on your luck.

Is that your whole team? o.o

Does any one of the Pokémon you haven't listed know the move Sky Drop? It's banned in online play because of a glitch that can be exploited when Gravity is in effect.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Drop_glitch

And here's all the rules for Random Matchups:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rule_variants#Global_Battle_Union
Nope, there's also Beheeyem and Jellicent.
No Pokemon knows Sky Drop.
And I'm pretty sure I meet all the rules :(

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
if i get a manaphy (from another game) and breed a crap load of Phione from it is it possible one will be shiny or is it one of those pokemon that just cant be shiny

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Random question, but if you used Toxic on a pokemon with the ability 'Poison heal' I think its called. Would the amount of hp it restores increase each turn like toxic's effect gets worse, or does it stay the same amount? Sorry if this is the wrong place. :)

It just heals the regular 1/8th of your HP.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
what is the best level to evolve a pokemon using stones, etc? i always wondered that if you wanted to get the best out of leveling up...
Depends on what moves you want the Pokemon to know, when the Pokemon learns them, and when you want to evolve them. Once you've made sure that the Pokemon knows what moves you want them to learn (or haven't missed learning them), then you can evolve them if you want.

if i get a manaphy (from another game) and breed a crap load of Phione from it is it possible one will be shiny or is it one of those pokemon that just cant be shiny
As far as I know, Phione isn't one of the "unshiny" Legendaries in B/W. I haven't heard anything about Phione being programmed to never appear shiny in those games. (I could be wrong, however.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Where can I find my EVs? Or can someone calculate them for me?

You have to calculate that as you fight, there's no way to actually check it without using an Action Reply unfortunately. There's probably someone that would check it for you though using one, but I don't think this is the place you would look for them.

Fiendly

Never let go.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
What does it mean when all stats are equal?
Like my attack, sp. attack etc. are all 6.

Is that anything special or not? D:

Years
Hi, can someone check to see if I'm calculating EVs right?

suppose that I'm increasing my dewott's special atk by fighting litwick which give 1 EV each. dewott has pokerus and is holding power lens (+4 special atk).
(1EV from litwick + 4EV from power lens) x2 from pokerus = 10 special atk EV from fighting one litwick?

if I give it a power weight (+4 HP) instead of a power lens then it would be this?
(1EV from litwick + 4HP from power weight) x2 from pokerus = 2 special atk EV and 8 HP EV??

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Yup, moon_light. You have that exactly right. Pokerus doubles all EVs gained, whether they're from Power items or simply battling. ^_^

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Yep, pretty much. So essentially, slap a Macho Brace on a Pokemon with Pokerus and that Pokemon will gain four times the EVs it normally would from each wild Pokemon battle (ie four Sp. Atk EVs from each Litwick). Power items are still your best bet, though. More focused and faster.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
How do i connect to the dream world?
You'll need an account on Pokemon.com first. After you create your account on Pokemon.com, within pokemon-gl.com you'll have to register your game card to that account. To do this, go onto your Pokémon game's main menu (The one right after the title screen) and select Game Sync Settings (or something like that).

There'll be a code that you have to input into your pokemon-gl.com account in order to sync your game to your online account. Once you do that, just tuck in a Pokémon by pressing the Online button on your C-Gear and then pressing Game Sync.

After that, just go log in to the website and click the Dream World button. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back