• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first 6th Gen Team.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I am not new to the competitive scene and have played on Smogon's servers for a long time. But never before have I actually played competitively on anything but a simulator. So for the first time I have to EV train my Pokemon, and search for perfect IVs. Because of that I thought I should focus on one major team right now, and on perfecting it. So that I don't have to waste to much time EV training and breeding. Here is my current team layout that I am working towards. Feel free to critize or try to improve.

658.png

Greninja (Life Orb) 4HP/252Speed/252Sp.Atk
Ability: Protean
Nature: Timid
Moveset: Surf, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory
Spoiler:

065-m.png

MegaAlakazam (Alakazamite) 4HP/252Speed/252Sp.Atk
Ability: Trace
Moveset: Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball
Spoiler:

213.png

Shuckle (Leftovers) 4HP/252Def/252Sp.Def
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Careful
Moveset: Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Encore, Toxic
Spoiler:

232.png

Donphan (Leftovers) 252HP/4Atk/252Def
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
Moveset: Ice Shard, Rapid Spin, Earthquake, Roar
Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Alakazam needs Focus Blast somewhere on the set, preferably over Energy Ball or Dazzling Gleam, to hit Steels harder than Shadow Ball would. Then again, regular Alakazam is better because of Magic Guard's utility of avoiding recoil damage (it's fine if you don't want to, though):
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball/Signal Beam
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)/Dazzling Gleam/Substitute
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard

As tempting as Shuckle's high defenses are, it can't do much back. It's easy Taunt bait as well. Galvantula gained Sticky Web as well and it poses an offensive threat:
-Sticky Web
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Volt Switch/Giga Drain/Energy Ball/Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes

Dual hazard setting is better left to Ferrothorn, tbh, because it still hits hard with STAB Gyro Ball and Power Whip:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Shadow Tag Chandelure was NEVER released at all during Gen V. In Gen VI, it gained Infiltrator as another DW ability, but I'm not sure if it would replace Shadow Tag completely. The best Shadow Tag users in Gen VI at the moment are Wobbuffet and Mega Gengar, but I'd use Mega Gengar if I were you, since it's stronger and faster than Chandelure:
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
-Focus Blast
-Icy Wind/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power (Fire)/Destiny Bond/Protect
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe or 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe
Item: Gengarite

or
-Shadow Ball/Hex
-Protect/Focus Blast/Dazzling Gleam
-Substitute/Hypnosis
-Perish Song/Taunt
EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe

or
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast/Sludge Bomb
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond/Substitute
EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe

or
-Substitute
-Disable
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast/Sludge Bomb
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Shadow Tag Chandelure doesnt exist and never has. Its hidden ability was changed to Infiltrator and is as thus illegal.

Something to consider on Greninja is Spikes over Extrasensory as you have Chandelure to block spin.

Heracross also outclasses Pinsir pretty much. Also you arent even using Pinsir's stab option. -.-

Three Stealth Rock weak mons isnt good. Id probably look into a Defog user which now removes hazards on both sides, kinda counterproductive if you use Spikes but it helps with 4x weak pokes if you decide to keep Pinsir.

Shuckle is also bad and needs the sand, Infestation, Rest and alot of support (i.e Heal Bell etc) to even do anything. So id probably replace it for Galvantula if you want a Sticky Web user tbh and put Stealth Rock on Donphan over Roar.

Donphan also appreciates Assurance to nail ghost types over Ice Shard who will block your spin. I also like a Sp.Def spread on it with max hp and 88 speed evs to beat slow Tars and whatnot.

Zam also probs wants Focus Blast or Hp Fire over Energy Ball which doesnt hit much tbh. Focus Blast lets you beat Heatran, Ferrothorn etc whilst HP Fire hits Scizor, Forry, Skarm and Ferro etc.

Id look into a fairy too, your team cannot really do much to dragons. Probably over Zam, Shuckle, Greninja or Chandelure. Whoever is your weakest link. Azumarril would be a goood choice as you are also rather Heatran weak. Belly Drum and Aqua Jet are also now legal so you could look into that or use a more conservative set.

Back