• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Nicknames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I've been playing in German and only have half an idea of what's going on... I think I inadvertendly picked "Lady R" as a nickname... Rosa is my player's name (Yeah, default name from White 2 because why not, I always liked that name)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Named my character Michael, so it was kind of a no-brainer to go with "Mike" for the nickname. It's kind of fun to see the characters use the nickname, since they seem like they'd use a nickname for their new friend.

Years
My character name is Elizabeth (I named her after myself), and I ended up choosing the nickname E-kins. I thought it was clever when it was brought up.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Haha yeah, I nicknamed my character Rico. That is one of my nicknames that is really popular at school. xD

Aminta

past the point of no return
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
I just went with the fairly generic "Lady S." The whole nicknaming thing is kind of awkward, in my opinion. I think it makes a little more sense in Japanese with the many different honorifics and diminutives that are commonplace in the language. There's the occasional exception with English names ("Michael" to "Mike" was a good example) but for the most part it seems odd to me to have a group of strangers suddenly decide they want to nickname me.

I'd prefer if choosing a nickname was optional.

Catspill

Fighting-Type Fanatic
Years
I named my character Catspill, and I was really confused by the whole nicknaming thing so I just chose Big-C. I wish I had picked something else but it doesn't seem to be too important so I don't really mind.

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
I put down Corey. My character's name and my name is Corey. I just went to choose my own nickname and put my name. I am not a nickname guy.

Years
I put Lady J as my nickname (since my character's name started with J). The default ones were pretty cute and I wasn't feeling very creative, so default it was!

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
my character's name is Winters so i just put Win as my nickname lol. for my y version tho i just kept my nickname the same as my player's name

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
My username here is my trainer name in-game :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I was thinking of naming my character Flossie and having the nickname be Floss. I haven't decided yet.

So, since I used my actual name for my character, you could imagine which one I picked.

Who could say no to the 'Big D'? {XD}

That's pretty good. XD I would get annoyed with them calling me that after awhile though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 2, 2022
To be honest I was confused by the nickname thing and didn't felt like choosing one of the goofy defaults. I didn't have any idea for another nickname though and didn't know why I was supposed to choose a nickname in the first place so I just chose "Matt" as my nickname ("Matthias" being my regular name).

Really I'm more stoked about the fact that this is the very first Pokémon game I play where I can actually use my full first name. lol

-- Matt

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 3, 2014
I used my nickname which is Meemster and my nickname came out to be Lil M. I like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back