• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

Years
Is it weird that the first thing I thought of when I saw that yellow pillar is that it's about to crush the player?

Also, I'm very curious about that lever... >_>

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Oooh, nice screenshot. Personally, it looks like some kind of factory. :) Also, it's always good to get an update, as people have already said. Prism's still one of my favourite ROM hacks. :D

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
If anybody wanted to see the area in video form, CMB/KBM just released this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ZxgkXd4c4&list=UUL2bw9QRq6WqIHkC4mOYGNQ&index=1&feature=plcp

So far this hack is looking really good and I like how you've managed to make the sprite face upwards when walking down ladders in the side-scrolling sections.

Looking through old threads though, is amuses me slightly when I see posts you've written saying you are aiming for a late 2005/early 2006 release for both this game (at the time it was called bronze) and Rijon Adventures.
Obviously you didn't know at the time how ambitious you would be, and all the little details in the games continue to amaze me. :)

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
Looks impressive! I saw water in there and wonder if HM moves like Surf (or even, Dive) would let you explore further in the sidescrolling parts..

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
Great to see you're still working on this hack! I understand that you're also working on real games, and I appreciate that you still spend time working on these Pokemon hacks. Looking forward to everything you make, including your non-Pokemon games :)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Glad you liked that little preview!

I want to make something perfectly clear though, since judging by this thread and comments left on youtube, people do not understand the situation I'm in right now.

The other games I'm working on (One isn't developed enough, my personal indie project, and one I can't reveal at the moment due to the NDA) have a higher priority than Pokemon Prism at this time. Prism is getting worked on, but not as much as the other games which I hope you can all understand.

Hopefully there will be some announcement of the secret game I'm working on sometime this summer. I'm working with some cool people who worked in the video game industry, and I believe THIS game is my foot into the door of the video game industry. As far as I know, I'm the only member of this crew who hasn't worked on professional video games before and this game will be my first one. They decided to take a chance with me which I'm eternally grateful for and better yet, they seem to enjoy what I'm doing for them! It's also my job, I'm getting paid for this and I have bills to pay, so understand that it's pretty important.

This year is extremely important to me. I'm planning to graduate with my bachelors in Computer Science this year which will let me move out of this crappy building with paper-thin walls and hopefully land a full time job somewhere in the video game industry and I will do everything in my power to achieve these goals.

Therefore, Prism is lower on my priority scale than other things (School is right at top at the moment, followed by work, followed by the XBLIG project and then followed by Prism). My Youtube channel will have to take a back seat and I probably won't be able to unleash it's potential until next year. I planned to this year but I only just now realized that I can only do so much when I have the will to do SO much. I need to better understand my limitations, I'm only human.

Thank you for all understanding.

HOWEVER, I do have personal milestones I'm trying to reach for Prism tasks. Prism's always in my mind, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't ponder about Prism and the cool stuff I can add to it. I want this hack to be something I can be proud of and can possibly set an example of the potential of what a ROM hack can become if the author tries. Some may call me crazy for taking a ROM hack this seriously, but I don't care. I understand the potential of what this ROM hack can achieve and I want to reach as much potential as I possibly can.

Last edited:
Years
Glad you liked that little preview!

I want to make something perfectly clear though, since judging by this thread and comments left on youtube, people do not understand the situation I'm in right now.

The other games I'm working on (One isn't developed enough, my personal indie project, and one I can't reveal at the moment due to the NDA) have a higher priority than Pokemon Prism at this time. Prism is getting worked on, but not as much as the other games which I hope you can all understand.

Hopefully there will be some announcement of the secret game I'm working on sometime this summer. I'm working with some cool people who worked in the video game industry, and I believe THIS game is my foot into the door of the video game industry. As far as I know, I'm the only member of this crew who hasn't worked on professional video games before and this game will be my first one. They decided to take a chance with me which I'm eternally grateful for and better yet, they seem to enjoy what I'm doing for them! It's also my job, I'm getting paid for this and I have bills to pay, so understand that it's pretty important.

This year is extremely important to me. I'm planning to graduate with my bachelors in Computer Science this year which will let me move out of this crappy building with paper-thin walls and hopefully land a full time job somewhere in the video game industry and I will do everything in my power to achieve these goals.

Therefore, Prism is lower on my priority scale than other things (School is right at top at the moment, followed by work, followed by the XBLIG project and then followed by Prism). My Youtube channel will have to take a back seat and I probably won't be able to unleash it's potential until next year. I planned to this year but I only just now realized that I can only do so much when I have the will to do SO much. I need to better understand my limitations, I'm only human.

Thank you for all understanding.

HOWEVER, I do have personal milestones I'm trying to reach for Prism tasks. Prism's always in my mind, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't ponder about Prism and the cool stuff I can add to it. I want this hack to be something I can be proud of and can possibly set an example of the potential of what a ROM hack can become if the author tries. Some may call me crazy for taking a ROM hack this seriously, but I don't care. I understand the potential of what this ROM hack can achieve and I want to reach as much potential as I possibly can.
Read your comment very carefully and must say that it was so touching.. realised you are having a busy life and can't do much about prism but hear from me that whatever you are doing have my best regards and well wishes for your future.. and ill definitely support your hacks and everything..

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This is one line I could have said with good conscience myself too, hahha :D.

You're doing great with the hack though and I don't care myself how long it takes for you to finish it. Spend time with your studies, the other game you're making and make sure not to forget about the life itself !
And when it's so that you've free time beyond all that, think what you can go to continue with this project.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
OK, So when is the next beta? 2013? Since the guy at the bridge said 2 and a half years, I'd guess the next beta is the Winter 2013 beta.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
That was a blind estimate based on how much time the last beta took. Beta releases never have specific dates.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
This is a great game i enjoy it but where does the 2010 summer beta end? i just beat the 4th gym leader and i have no clue what to do after that... any suggestions?

Back