• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Dizzy's Palace of Fandom~ ^^

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Wow thanks for keeping my fan-club alive everyone! I really appreciate that! Now, on to what I missed.

Kylie-chan said:
Is your father really a baron? xD
*is gullible o.o*

Yes, It's a long story. My great great great great grandfather was the son of the Baron of Compostela, which is in Galicia, Spain... but it's really a Portuguese Area, just look up Galicia and you'll find out. But, my great great grandfather married a Portuguese woman who died, before marrying my great great great great grandmother. Of course, Succession of Eldest Children always comes first, the son he had with that woman took over the Barony, this was before Compostela became a city... It's kind of confusing but that is the story, so I'm told.

Hotaru said:
I know, I should. ;;

Yup! He's a son of a bitc-err... baron! ;D

lmao...better believe it?

Chairman Kaga said:
Even though you're not German, if you ever inherit your father's baron-ness you should change your name to "Baron von (your name)" XD

Baron von Compostela lol. In Portuguese it would be "O Barao da Compostela" and Spanish it would be "El Baron de la Compostela". I actually think I have some german ancestry, but that would have to be generations back.

Hotaru said:
My great-great-great-great-great grandpa was a baron, back when my family lived in Germany. >D

We all descend from Royalty, believe it or not, and that's what rocks about us!

Chairman Kaga said:
And I now have to brag for the millionth time that I'm descended from Charlemagne...so there XD

Now my turn, I descended from Empress Theodora, lmao, now it's even.

Kylie-chan said:
And... I'm descended from some king in some country I forget... and... I've forgotten his name. X3; Unlike my parents, I'm not fascinated with my family genealogy. XD
Cool, that's four of us distantly/non-distantly royal =P

...what exactly does a baron do? XD;

Back then, Barons were lords who watched over lands for the kings. In Spain, there's still a king, but there isnt much need to watch over lands because no one's going to take over it. Nowadays, Compostela isn't a town any more, its a City, and I think that it can watch over itself, but the Barony is in the more rural northernside, I haven't visited the estate yet, but I will hopefully on the trip I'm going to.

Chairman Kaga said:
These are the only two relevant definitions I could get from my dictionary XP~

1.) A nobleman (in various countries) of varying rank (well, duh XD )

2.) A British peer of the lowest rank

Aaaaaaand this doesn't help because Dizzy isn't British =p~

Wouldn't have known lmao, but thanks! No wonder they're the lowest rank, we only live in Mansions, while Counts live in Grand Villas, and Duke's live in Palaces @_@ lol. But mansions are huge lol.

SilverBlaze09 said:
Psht, you guys were DESCENDED from royalty.

Question is, is anyone besides Dizzy still royalty? XD Demotion city... *ducks nuclear bananas thrown by teh populace* XDXD

Hey, D-Z, whassup? Besides the fact you're some sort of baronagus, and everybody is jealous... XD

?SilverBlaze09?

lol, I'm doing okay, my weekend was rad and weird at the same time, and why would everyone be jealous? I have no royal powers lmao.

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
Years
lol, I'm doing okay, my weekend was rad and weird at the same time, and why would everyone be jealous? I have no royal powers lmao.

Rad and weird... Ima not ask. XD

I don't know why they're jealous. Maybe it's that unsubstantiated rumor that you have a possibly legendary wealth of mythical proportions... XD

Hey, I was researching my favorite thread(FFDisc.), and I found something interesting.

Dizzy, why didn't you tell anyone you were an author? *authorative stare* Teelllllll usssssss, chillllld... XD

?SilverBlaze09?

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Me, an author? Maybe... as a hobby, but it didn't work out. If you search the forums you can actually find my most of the terrible works.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Heh, I would take a mansion over a regular house anyday, especially if it has some of that exquisite Spanish architecture (and, for that matter, is in Spain)~

By Compostela do you mean Santiago de Compostela, or is this a different place altogether?

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Santiago de Compostela, but no one actually calls it Santiago de Compostela when you refer to it in everyday talk...there are so many "Santiago de" all over Portugal and Spain lmao, so either Santiago de Compostela or just Compostela works.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Ah, thanks Dizzy. They never tell us this sort of thing in the Spanish textbooks, we just have maps of Spain with all of the official names, and none of this useful local knowledge <_<;

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Definately, but they should. There is one exception though. There are alot of Santa Cruz, but there aren't any denotations such as Compostela or Cadiz. Santa Cruz das Flores isn't the same thing as Santa Cruz da Graciosa (Flores is an Azorean Island and so is Graciosa) But it happens through Portugal and Spain frequently. It's like Maria. Everyone and they're mothers, and grandmothers, are named Maria...

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
yo yo yo XD I finally found out my crunk friend has a fan club! ::is slow:: Can I join?

I dunno if I joined before or what, I forget XD;;

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
Welcome to the Palace, Cartoon!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Thank you for joining Cartoon! Yessa! Let's party lmao.

No one's keeping my thread alive :(, when I'm in Spain no one's going to reply and its going to die :(

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Kylie is doing nothing but typing and talking to you guys, and Kylie will hopefully NOT be going to school tomorrow. n_n Handy 'tis, 'specially as I didn't do Geography... >3

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Awww I love Geography! One of the jobs I got after taking a Career Aptitude test was Cartography, and you need 3 years of Geography o.o, lol but that's not for me.

Back