• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoboman24

Excadrill24
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Very Awesome Tools I Started Making A Crystal Hack and Should Be Done In A Week Or So!

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
Uhm can you post an evolution editor? And an sprite editor like overworld editor? Like changing the elite four? Sample: Rocket Boss Giovanni as Champion and not Lance?

jvpski3

Banned
Years
Great! Also, Whack A Hack! (WaHack) (in spanish) is stealing your tools and editing them and then calling them "theirs". So, just telling you.

It says "Unsupported ROM File". Does this mean it dosen't have the suffix? On PokeEdit DS.

Last edited by a moderator:

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
on your site for tools, i cannot get the 4th gen downloads that follow to work:
Sebbe's Trainer Editor
Attack Editor DP
TM Editor DP

-hope you can fix it or add them to this topic

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
The Return of Swampert Tools!

Well, it's been two long years, but I've finally decided to return to the community! I've had loads of stuff going on in my life that's left me without much time to persue Pokémon related stuff!

Anyway, those of you that visit my site, Swampert Tools will know that I'm currently updating the sites content with new tools and WORKING download links!! Plus new tools from my side! The cool thing is, that I've made the transition from Visual Basic 6 to Lazarus, which is an open source cross platform language! So all my future work will run on any operating system that can compile the source code, such as Windows, Linux and Mac :)

I'm currently working through my tools and rewriting them in this new language. To be honest a lot of my stuff worked, but was pretty buggy, so I'm really aiming for quality this time.

I'm sorry for any broken links in this thread, I've changed computer (and country) since I last wrote anything, so the sources are long gone, as are my copies of the tools. I've updated what I can, and shall strive to find all my tools again! I've no doubt the missing ones are on the internet somewhere, I even found a copy of this thread translated into Arabic with all my tools on it!! Crazy....

Anyway, without futher ado, I present to you all the two newest members of the Swampert Tools family:

MartEdGBrelease1.png

MartEdit GB is a rewrite of the old generation one PokéMart editor, which had bugfixes and a cool new feature under the 'Extras' menu.

Windows Download

If you're using another operating system, download and compile the source in Lazarus.

Next up,

PrizeEditGB_Final.png

PrizeEdit GB as you may have guessed is a tool to edit the prizes exchanged in the Game Corner in Red, Blue and Yellow!

Windows Download

As with MartEdit GB, if you're using another operating system, download and compile the source in Lazarus.

Big thanks go to Sawakita for his help in debugging the prize routine, and to Harrison at Skeetendo for his Lazarus Sources, from which I have learnt a great deal.

That's all for now! I'm heading back over to the Swampert Tools Homepage to upload more tools and fix broken download links :)

It's good to be back!

Swampert

EDIT: After a quick google search I found my tool Pokémon HGSS Gym Editor again! Please remember I released this the day after the games came out in Japanese, so it only works for them, and seeing as I lost the source, It won't be updated anytime soon. Download!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Swampert 22 thank you for your wonderful programs (pokemon crystal) !,Is there a program for the Pokemon SS ... Pokemon Editor/Wild Editor ? to edit wild pokemon there is such? please answer... thank you :)

Swampert 22

Years
Challenge! First Generation Starter and Rival Editor

Swampert 22 thank you for your wonderful programs (pokemon crystal) !,Is there a program for the Pokemon SS ... Pokemon Editor/Wild Editor ? to edit wild pokemon there is such? please answer... thank you :)

No problem, glad they're useful to you! As for HG/SS tools, I really don't think there's a lot, or at least I havn't seen many. Do a google search and see what comes up! I may look into making one if I get time!

Now what I wanted to post:

ChallengeEditor.png

This is Challenge! A starter and rival editor for Red, Blue and Yellow. It correctly edits the game's scripts so you'll get no weird movements or glitched battles throughout the game now. Plus edit every battle you have with your rival! This tool replaces PokéStarter GB, my old starter editor, which to be honest was crap.

Windows download here! (544KB)

Or if you're not using Windows, like with my other released tools, download and compile the source in Lazarus.

This tool is based on Sawakita's tutorial over on Skeetendo Forums, so big thanks go to him, as well as to Harrison whose source codes have helped me a lot in making the transition from VB6 to this open source, cross platform language!

Enjoy! Any bugs, let me know :)

Swampert

Swampert 22

Years
Can you make a Red/Blue/Green trainer editor?

Quick answer, yes I could. However the data is organised in such a way that programming a tool effectively to read it would be labourious to create. For now, just hex edit it, it's laughably simple. Just search XXYY, with XX being the level of the Pokémon (in hex) and YY being the Pokémon indentifier (in hex also). Obviously, repeat this for every Pokémon the trainer has, for example, a trainer with three Pokémon could be found as XXYYXXYYXXYY.

Hope this helps, there are tutorials in the documents section I believe.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Quick answer, yes I could. However the data is organised in such a way that programming a tool effectively to read it would be labourious to create. For now, just hex edit it, it's laughably simple. Just search XXYY, with XX being the level of the Pokémon (in hex) and YY being the Pokémon indentifier (in hex also). Obviously, repeat this for every Pokémon the trainer has, for example, a trainer with three Pokémon could be found as XXYYXXYYXXYY.

Hope this helps, there are tutorials in the documents section I believe.
Actually, this is the way it works in GSC.
In RBY, the game (in most cases at least, can't remember how it works properly) assumes that all the pokemon the battled trainer has are at the same level.
The structure is like this: XX YY YY YY...

Swampert 22

Years
Actually, this is the way it works in GSC.
In RBY, the game (in most cases at least, can't remember how it works properly) assumes that all the pokemon the battled trainer has are at the same level.
The structure is like this: XX YY YY YY...

OK! I couldn't quite remember, I know that for Gym, Elite 4 and Rival battles, it follows the format I mentioned above. It's the same with G/S having some battles with special moves attached isn't it? Not everything follows the same format ;)

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
OK! I couldn't quite remember, I know that for Gym, Elite 4 and Rival battles, it follows the format I mentioned above. It's the same with G/S having some battles with special moves attached isn't it? Not everything follows the same format ;)
Here, taken from IIMarckus's disassembly repository:
IIMarckus said:
; if first byte != FF, then
; first byte is level (of all pokemon on this team)
; all the next bytes are pokemon species
; null-terminated
; if first byte == FF, then
; first byte is FF (obviously)
; every next two bytes are a level and species
; null-terminated

About special moves: IIMarckus saved a conversation about it.

Swampert 22

Years
Ah yes, it' pretty clear isn't it? With that and taking a little look through the great dissassembly of Pokémon Red, it came to light that it's not that hard to program something to read and edit that data.

RBTrainerEditor.png

This is what I've been working on yesterday and today and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Reads all the data according to a configuration INI so if you repoint or change the number of Pokémon trainers have, it won't matter!!

Will probably be released later today or tomorrow!

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
ruby/sapphire/emerald

do you have the swampert hack tools for ruby/sapphire/emerald gba?

Swampert 22

Years
do you have the swampert hack tools for ruby/sapphire/emerald gba?

I haven't made any, but there are plenty out there. Look at other threads here, or my site, Swampert Tools to see what there is.

I've also finished the Red/Blue Trainer editor if anybody here is still interested in hacking the old games... The download is in the first post! Enjoy :)

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
Years
I keep getitng this error with gym edit.

Componet 'TABCTL32.OCX' (I have this already) or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back