Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 3rd, 2014 (07:41 PM).
DyingWillFlareon
The Mafia Flareon

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Prixy:
Haha that's awesome!

And yeah, you did the spoiler perfectly. I had issues early on, so I kinda had a nostalgia run after you said that lol.

I can see what you mean about the level curve, and I am looking forward to seeing a link in your description with a proper link to a thread, but you'll have to get a working demo (up to 1 Gym's completion for thread creation, in the progressing hacks section) before posting a thread for the game.

Keep your head up, and make sure you come back here often! You never know what you will find in The Idea Exchange Thread! :3

Good luck!
I'm working on Cherrygrove as we speak as well as fixing up Rustboro, thanks, and I'll keep an eye out!

Shhh PreciousMetals Version coming soon.....
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature
Come check out my Chalenge! Owner of The Dexholders' Challenge!
Currently playing:
PokeSweet Version DuoSpecies Single Challenge Fudgisaur/Cupcat 2/2 3/8
Pokemon Solo Run w/ Sableye 1/5 missions completed
Pokemon Ruby Ones that got Away: (To be started)
Pokemon Random FireRed Omega: 5/6 4/8
Pokemon Random Platinum Challenge: 5/6 5/8
Tyep Cycle Challenge: 0/3 0/8 (To be started!)
Date of Birth Challenge: (To be started!)
Dex Holder National:
Kanto 0/4 Johto Hoenn Sinnoh Unova
I have many HA and Dgg Move Pokes, if you want one VM me! (PokeRus now available)
Old 2 Days Ago (09:54 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

Magic used REVIVE.

Anyone sitting on any more story or feature ideas? This thread is awesome for discussing creativity, so let's not let it die! : D

Another idea I may or may not use. Feel free to develop it further/use them yourself. Let me know what you think.

Changes to HMs
Rather than HMs being a static attack I'd like them to develop with the story. One idea I've been trying to implement would be an increasing attack depending on either (a) badges or (b) use. It wouldn't allow to all HMs, only the weak/less used/more annoying ones.

Take cut, for example. For every two badges (or 10 cut bushes cut) the attack gains 5 power. Meaning, at the end of the game, Cut would be an 80 attack move rather than 60 - hopefully making it a lot more useful and less of a pain to keep on a party member.
Old 2 Days Ago (10:41 AM).
DarkenedEclipse
Project Oak

Nature: Bold
Although this may sound really noobish of me XD... What if there's a way to change the pokemon tamed level works? Like instead of you need to have X amount of badges for X level of pokemon to obey you instead of doing whatever, you can change it to... I don't know, something such as points in the storyline where the levels will be activated then? I've always hated badges putting those restrictions on me, and would rather have it to the storyline to increase difficulty and be able to strategize how I play the hack more.
Old 1 Day Ago (02:47 PM).
Maverick225

I have this idea of doing a Gen 1 hack that involves everything(almost everything) being the opposite of what its supposed to be, like the Pokemon Tower being in Vermilion City rather than in Lavender Town, and the Gym leaders specialize in types that are the opposite of what they really use. Like an alternate universe or dimension
Old 37 Minutes Ago (11:28 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

Quote originally posted by DarkenedEclipse:
Although this may sound really noobish of me XD... What if there's a way to change the pokemon tamed level works? Like instead of you need to have X amount of badges for X level of pokemon to obey you instead of doing whatever, you can change it to... I don't know, something such as points in the storyline where the levels will be activated then? I've always hated badges putting those restrictions on me, and would rather have it to the storyline to increase difficulty and be able to strategize how I play the hack more.
Sounds like a good idea! I'm pretty sure it's possible to remove the level-restrictions from badges, so I'm sure it would be possible to move them to other flags and use them in the story! In the original games the badges were story markers though, really.

Quote originally posted by Maverick225:
I have this idea of doing a Gen 1 hack that involves everything(almost everything) being the opposite of what its supposed to be, like the Pokemon Tower being in Vermilion City rather than in Lavender Town, and the Gym leaders specialize in types that are the opposite of what they really use. Like an alternate universe or dimension
Sounds like an interesting idea, although would have to be well done and make sure the whole world was back to front. Not sure what the purpose of moving the tower would be though?...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links