• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

If you werent voted for, dont take it as a "no one respects me" but as a challenge to improve in your rping skills. Keep working hard and your time will come. Ive been around to witness 5 rpas, never had a vote, but I still keep going at it. Maybe try new elements into your Rping repritoire. Bottom line, keep working hard, help others, and youll get those votes in due time.
Well spoken :3 That's it, really.

I already knew it might would attract unexperienced RPer's :p but i'm a newbie as well xD i might have entered PC in september, i only begun using it after my B-day in january :p though, i'm lucky alot of my friends want me to reserve a spot for them once my RP got accepted :) (when i fixed up the grammar mistakes, i still apologize for that xD)
Glad to see you're enjoying yourself! I don't want to label people as "newbies", even though that is just a friendly term for someone who is unused to a certain thing. We were all new at some point and without new players, what would become of this RP Corner when all the old players grew gray and left? Keep at it, PinkSapphire, you're doing great.

Again, please PM me if you need help with anything!

I have autism! There, I said it! >.< That's why I don't take things lightly! Ignore this post if you feel like it...
Don't worry, ShinyDiamond. We don't judge people over the internet here. At least nobody should *gives mortal stare to anyone who objects*
The only thing is that this thread and the OOC threads are not meant for venting our personal problems. That's what you can use PMs or VMs to talk to your friends about :) these threads are meant for posts regarding our roleplays, the RP Corner or roleplaying in general; if just any chitchat would be allowed here, it would move at an even quicker pace than it is today xD

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Red hawt chibi pellipers- thank you ^^ i really appreciate it that you think i'm doing great :) i'm going to do my best to become a good RPer and a good GM for my RP x3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Again, please PM me if you need help with anything!

I have autism! There, I said it! >.< That's why I don't take things lightly! Ignore this post if you feel like it...

Haha, I don't usually judge people over the internet.

And yeaaaaaaaah you really do remind me of my friend. He used to really go for the award but ended up quitting after he got it, mainly because he had no more challenges to overcome once he'd won. Saaaaaaaaad. Plus, it's just a digital award on a forum, not like a Nobel prize, so don't judge yourself harshly because you didn't win! :3

I myself have hardly been voted for, which is a bit weird considering my activity here, hurr hurr but yeah, I never cared about these nor did I get worked up if I didn't get voted for. What I have cared about is that the awards are fair and not some popularity contest.

Even though I don't care about these, the only thing I strive for is to improve my skills so that I can someday win the award without asking for it or expecting it. That is the day I'll be satisfied that I've in fact improved as a RPer! :D I know it feels nice to be rewarded for doing great things, but it's much better when you write a long post and feel good about writing good posts.

So yeah tl;dr no need to feel bad bout yourself! It's always nice to be awarded, but much better if you're awarded and people feel you definitely deserved it! :P

Sapphire Rose

Years
ShinyDiamond- i already told you this but i want to say it again, i don't think different of you now because you have autism, you are still my bestie, i still think you're awesome and you're still the same boy i met i dunno how long ago :) (i said more things but those are private ;) ) no one should judge now only because they know you have autism ;) because you're still the same. I hope people agree with me

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@ShinyDiamond: I would never judge you man! In fact, I can actually relate to how you feel...

I completely agree with -DeepImpact-, I couldn't have said it better myself actually! Although, remember what I told you in the OOC for PTA and you should see that it's not so bad!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So, everybody feels better and this thread can be used for other things than emotional issues now, right? :]

About that journey roleplay thing I posted about some pages back. I haven't come up with a great way of doing it. Letting all who expressed interest create the RP would probably get messy, but I don't like to just choose what people I want in, when I talked about it in an open place such as the RPD. So I don't think I'll be making reality of that anytime soon. Maybe someone else wants to, though? (I still vote Kanto!)

BUT. There are many journey roleplays active, aren't there? Only, they aren't really journeys in the classic sense... I'm not sure if I'm right with this though. There is Arcanum, the Tabi Tournament, Abyssian, Earth and Sky sounds like a rougher version of a journey, What if They Were Real Part 2 maybe has journey elements, Legacy of the Dragon Islands looks very much like a journey RP and The Zivito Region is a journey too, no? And I guess Path to Light and Darkness hasn't expired yet, even though it seems dead because the GM's computer broke down.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Proud of you Dia, for letting everyone know!

I'm in Earth & Sky, so I can speak for it. It's darker and grittier than you'd expect Pokemon to be, but that's why I love it! It's more realistic, and I can use my characters that have darker pasts...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm in Earth & Sky, so I can speak for it. It's darker and grittier than you'd expect Pokemon to be, but that's why I love it! It's more realistic, and I can use my characters that have darker pasts...

Sounds fun, actually. I guess a game-like journey is difficult to make very realistic, so that's one reason why custom settings appeal so much.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Exactly. I can't really cooperate with Leveling systems and Move limits. I like being realistic, and realistically, life is pretty dark.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Exactly. I can't really cooperate with Leveling systems and Move limits. I like being realistic, and realistically, life is pretty dark.

Leveling systems are most often only there to give the players a sense of progression, though, rather than to actually measure power level. At least it practically works that way. And move limits are quite realistic, in a way. Your pokémon might not be able to remember tens of moves at once - they might get confused in battles even. Sometimes it's more fun to build up a certain strategy using only between 4-8 moves or so, than to have every move at your disposal forever :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Every journey RP i've joined usually has died before the next town.

*roaringtwenties,hydroxylapatite,kantorewinded*

red, make an awesome journey rp. i need some journey lovin'. and everyone knows you make the best journey rps.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
@RHCP Sorry to hear you won't be working on the journey RP, I was looking forward to that one. Hopefully it's an idea you can re-visit in the future!

When someone mentionned a journey style RP where you played as a member of Team Rocket though, I had an idea. I liked the style of it, but if everyone was a Team Rocket member I'm not sure if there would be a strong drive to 'complete your journey' before other players. What about a roleplay where each player was assigned a different team? Team Rocket, Plasma, Aqua, Galactic etc.

Just an idea.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Every journey RP i've joined usually has died before the next town.

*roaringtwenties,hydroxylapatite,kantorewinded*

red, make an awesome journey rp. i need some journey lovin'. and everyone knows you make the best journey rps.

aaaaw :D *feels da love, then goes to cry in corner because back then I was being this dumb kind of GM who took a break from PC before kantorewinded even got anywhere* I certainly do not make the best ones. The past ones have all died... then again, it was mostly because of me giving up on them. Hmm.

Anyways, well I still want to make a journey RP, Lincoln, but I'm not sure I would pull doing one where I'm trying to make everybody completely happy with the plot and mechanics and all. It sounded great when I thought of it, but since when is it even possible to make everybody happy? :< Plus, I have Arcanum to run :> so if I would make something, it would probably be very different from that one, to set them apart.

That sounds like an idea, with the teams. Maybe they could have an un-friendly competition to see what team has the best grunts? Or maybe they are searching for something around Kanto and the gym leaders have to be beaten because they have clues to the whereabouts of this thing?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Did somebody mention Kanto Rewinded?

Oh man, I miss that soooo much. :c Too bad it didn't go anywhere! D:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Did somebody mention Kanto Rewinded?

Oh man, I miss that soooo much. :c Too bad it didn't go anywhere! D:

oh, I actually didn't think that people liked it. I'm happily surprised here :3 Thing with that particular one was that I tried to get more interaction with having players traveling two and two. And it seemed too complicated after a while, so did the leveling system. Don't you think? It was an experiment, pretty much :] and you were my lab rats.

If we now were to experiment some more... I was inspired by parallelzero's way of having the real life characters create an avatar to play with and act as for the majority of the RP. I've seen a RP based on the players entering a pokémon game before, but it incorporated missingno and things and complicated things a bit. How about a journey where the player's human character accidentally got stuck inside a pokémon game anyways? Sounds cliche, but you know that I would create a backstory/plot both for the in-game world and the real world, weaving them together and... *throws ideas like confetti in the air*

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
@RHCP Sorry to hear you won't be working on the journey RP, I was looking forward to that one. Hopefully it's an idea you can re-visit in the future!

When someone mentionned a journey style RP where you played as a member of Team Rocket though, I had an idea. I liked the style of it, but if everyone was a Team Rocket member I'm not sure if there would be a strong drive to 'complete your journey' before other players. What about a roleplay where each player was assigned a different team? Team Rocket, Plasma, Aqua, Galactic etc.

Just an idea.

That'd be cool, though which region would it take place in? Eventually, you could do all the regions... Haha, now I'm thinking of something along the lines of the Civilization series where each team is their own empire or something; that's just me being a nerd and yeahhh. Wouldn't be good for a RP. Like I said, I'm willing to have someone help me creatively. I suck at ideas (like I had a Mass Effect RP and an Ao No Exorcist idea but neither of them have come to much. I even made planets for the Mass Effect one).

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Nice to see my question succesfully got ignored. THANKS!!

@RHCP- I like the idea and i really think you should do it. You'll need help though, i mean, you're handling Arcanium by yourself, you're in 3-4 rp and do you really think you could manage it?

@Lincoln- dude your idea rocks :). I like the feeling thinking about team rockets and team plasma having a massive fight. What will be the plan? The objective? The region?

Sapphire Rose

Years
okay, if my RP gets accepted (which would be a wonder) i can edit the plot :) ShinySweety fixed up the grammar for me ^^ thank you SS! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back