• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Waaaa!

I haz a problem!
I just got a new laptop, with Vista Business:disappoin. I moved my roms and modding programs onto it with a memory stick. However, when I load up the rom, I always get this message:
View attachment 49753
Then, when I try to save again, this happens:
View attachment 49754
Of course, due to the fact that it's an emulator, not the actual cartridge, there is no backup memory and the message goes on forever!
Does anyone with Vista have a solution to the problem? Please?:(:(

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
for re sizing sprites theres a program also so theres deff no way of ading more slots i thought it would be a simple repointing to free space

I saw the post before this and went WHAT?!
YEAH YOU CAN!
You defiantly can add more OW's... but only in R/S/E if I am remembering correctly... unfortunately, you can't do that with FR / LG, BUT! If I remember correctly AGAIN, I think HackMew was working on a way to change that...
If I remember correctly of course.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I haz a problem!
I just got a new laptop, with Vista Business:disappoin. I moved my roms and modding programs onto it with a memory stick. However, when I load up the rom, I always get this message:
View attachment 49753
Then, when I try to save again, this happens:
View attachment 49754
Of course, due to the fact that it's an emulator, not the actual cartridge, there is no backup memory and the message goes on forever!
Does anyone with Vista have a solution to the problem? Please?:(:(

I honestly doubt it's Vista's fault... How did you set your emulator? Could you post your savegame too?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I honestly doubt it's Vista's fault... How did you set your emulator? Could you post your savegame too?

I didn't "set" anything. I just moved my roms and programs from my XP-based home PC(where the saves work) to my Vista laptop(where they don't). Everything(except the roms) is the same as when I downloaded them. I have tried on other XPs without problem, too. As for the .sav, I deleted it because I thought it was problematic.

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
I am considering removing the cries from leaf green entirely, as they don't serve a purpose for what I am working on. My replacements will be taking a lot of art space, so I figure I can either expand the rom or delete the cries, or both.

I was wondering if anyone had tried this, if there is a simplistic way of doing it, and if this would cause any problems at all?

I am also curious if rom expansion is truly as simple in this case as just adding more blank space to the end. I hear the GBA limit is 32 megs, does anyone have experience trying that out too?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
your correct in some aspects the limit as of now is 32mgs also just switch the crys with sounds :P
and expanding is a esay as a click of a button

HackinJohn

FireRed ROM Hacker
Years
Hi, I have a question about Advanced Map. For some reason, whenever I try to insert a new map, it automatically becomes PALLET TOWN (XX.X), and I can't figure out why. Someone told me something about zones and addresses (?), but I don't really understand what they are. If someone could tell me/point me to the RIGHT way to insert new maps (preferably a step-by-step), it would be highly appreciated!

[Basically, I'm just asking how to change a new map's name without changing a whole bunch of map names.]

Thanks;
HJ.

Last edited:

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
Hi, I have a question about Advanced Map. For some reason, whenever I try to insert a new map, it automatically becomes PALLET TOWN (XX.X), and I can't figure out why. Someone told me something about zones and addresses (?), but I don't really understand what they are. If someone could tell me/point me to the RIGHT way to insert new maps (preferably a step-by-step), it would be highly appreciated!

[Basically, I'm just asking how to change a new map's name without changing a whole bunch of map names.]

Thanks;
HJ.
all you have to do is go into header, then where you c the drop down menu with all the towns/route names, just click on one you aren't going to use and then change it's name in the text box next to.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I saw the post before this and went WHAT?!
YEAH YOU CAN!
You defiantly can add more OW's... but only in R/S/E if I am remembering correctly... unfortunately, you can't do that with FR / LG, BUT! If I remember correctly AGAIN, I think HackMew was working on a way to change that...
If I remember correctly of course.

HackMew has made it work. Ask him or LaZ about it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2010
From two pages and three days ago...
I've encountered a very odd glitch. After a battle, occasionally, the controls will be transferred to a different person on the map. Like, after you finish a battle, when you move around with the arrow keys, the player doesn't move, a different person moves.... wtf?

It only happens sometimes, maybe 1 out of every 5 or 6 battles, and only after a battle. But still... Does anyone know why its doing this and what I could do to fix it?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
From two pages and three days ago...

And if you've used the Search Button, you wouldn't have to wait for someone to reply then.

Anyways, change the direction of where the NPC(the one you control after the battle) is facing...

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
How do you play IPS games. BEcause all the hacks are IPS files VBA can only play GBA files. Please Help

Cello

Tonight!
Years
You know what, I never have thought to try this.

Do you think that if you were to expand the canvas size of your saved .DIB file from the block editor that it would allow more space?

I feel like this would work, but i'm a little scared to test this on my own hack, for obvious reasons. Has anybody ever tested this?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
You know what, I never have thought to try this.

Do you think that if you were to expand the canvas size of your saved .DIB file from the block editor that it would allow more space?

I feel like this would work, but i'm a little scared to test this on my own hack, for obvious reasons. Has anybody ever tested this?

Don't do it, your only hope of getting more tile space is to simply repoint and make a bigger one / expand it that way.

STM

My DS doesn't read DS games...
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2013
Sorry for coming back again if I'm being annoying :(

But I can't find a tutorial ANYWHERE on how to edit level up moves or TM/HM moves on GSC (preferably Gold though)

Also, whats the recommended Hex editor, I'm using Windhex.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I've encountered a very odd glitch. After a battle, occasionally, the controls will be transferred to a different person on the map. Like, after you finish a battle, when you move around with the arrow keys, the player doesn't move, a different person moves.... wtf?

It only happens sometimes, maybe 1 out of every 5 or 6 battles, and only after a battle. But still... Does anyone know why its doing this and what I could do to fix it?

Depsite what the other people said, it has nothing to with the facing. The problem happens because when you insert new people using AM all their values are set to zero, even if some shouldn't. See the answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back