Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old January 7th, 2015 (09:33 PM). Edited January 7th, 2015 by ~RNC~.
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Don't know if this goes here but can some one explain to me why serebii says this about keldeos ribbon:
http://serebii.net/events/dex/647.shtml
And bulba says this:
ENG (has Wishing Ribbon)
GER (doesn't have has Wishing Ribbon) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_Generation_V
SPA (doesn't have has Wishing Ribbon) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_Generation_V
FRE (doesn't have has Wishing Ribbon) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_Generation_V
ITA (doesn't have has Wishing Ribbon) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_Generation_V

All of my keldeos have the wishing ribbon but bulba says it shouldn't?

Well it's weird the links don't work here but in my PM that was sent to me it does, but what ribbon / ribbons should it have?
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old January 9th, 2015 (09:17 PM).
The Hype is Real

Nature: Timid
I'm trying to find my tsv and SVs of my pokemon eggs and i found something called KeySAV. I don't want to use powersave though. do i need powersave to work KeySAV? (i have a cartrige. not digital) can't i just like put a SD card in my computer?
Old January 9th, 2015 (09:40 PM).
The Dragon Knight

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Gogoat Rocks!:
I'm trying to find my tsv and SVs of my pokemon eggs and i found something called KeySAV. I don't want to use powersave though. do i need powersave to work KeySAV? (i have a cartrige. not digital) can't i just like put a SD card in my computer?
It won't work with just the SD card because that's not where the save is, the save is in the cartridge.
The only way KeySAV will work with the SD Card is if the game is digital.

So in short, since you have a physical copy, you do need a Powersave.
Old January 10th, 2015 (12:14 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by ~RNC~:
Don't know if this goes here but can some one explain to me why serebii says this about keldeos ribbon:
http://serebii.net/events/dex/647.shtml
And bulba says this:
ENG (has Wishing Ribbon)
GER (doesn't have has Wishing Ribbon) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_Generation_V
SPA (doesn't have has Wishing Ribbon) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_Generation_V
FRE (doesn't have has Wishing Ribbon) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_Generation_V
ITA (doesn't have has Wishing Ribbon) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_Generation_V

All of my keldeos have the wishing ribbon but bulba says it shouldn't?

Well it's weird the links don't work here but in my PM that was sent to me it does, but what ribbon / ribbons should it have?
Well, bulbapedia says the ENG one SHOULD have the wishing ribbon (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Wi-Fi_English_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_V ) (according to your list after "And Bulba says this:" ) so are all your Keldeos English? Cause the list of events on Bulbapedia (admittedly just the English distribution) says the one given out January 25 2013 - Feb of the same year should in fact have the Wishing Ribbon, so give us more details about your Keldeos, when were they given out (usually the trainer ID is the year they were given out, but not always) and tell us if they were english or not and original trainer ID and all that.
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
Old January 10th, 2015 (09:09 PM).
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Howmander:
Well, bulbapedia says the ENG one SHOULD have the wishing ribbon (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Wi-Fi_English_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_V ) (according to your list after "And Bulba says this:" ) so are all your Keldeos English? Cause the list of events on Bulbapedia (admittedly just the English distribution) says the one given out January 25 2013 - Feb of the same year should in fact have the Wishing Ribbon, so give us more details about your Keldeos, when were they given out (usually the trainer ID is the year they were given out, but not always) and tell us if they were english or not and original trainer ID and all that.
I have 8 that are SMR2012 with wishing ribbon, 2 Jap. ID 06232 and 12192 with the wishing ribbon, 6 WIN2013with the ribbon, HVR2013, INV2013 all of them have the same ribbon.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old January 13th, 2015 (08:48 AM).
Put On The Red Light!
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
I have pokemon x, and am about to purchase y from the eshop. But before I do, I want to make sure I can use pokebank to transfer pokemon from cartridges to eshop purchased games. This is possible, correct?

Thanks,
PokéMew151
Old January 13th, 2015 (10:53 AM).
The Dragon Knight

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by PokéMew151:
I have pokemon x, and am about to purchase y from the eshop. But before I do, I want to make sure I can use pokebank to transfer pokemon from cartridges to eshop purchased games. This is possible, correct?

Thanks,
PokéMew151
Yes, you can use Pokebank with any copies of XYORAS, there's also no limit on how many.
Old January 13th, 2015 (09:59 PM).

Quote originally posted by Matthew Jay Reynolds:
Yes, you can use Pokebank with any copies of XYORAS, there's also no limit on how many.
that's not what they were asking, they were asking if they have both physical copies of one game and digital copies of other games, can they transfer between physical AND digital copies of the game or JUST physical copies of the game using poke bank . Anyway, to answer, yes because when you open up poke bank, there is an option to switch side to side between numerous games and it then asks you if you want to use the game you selected. Physical games can only be in 1 at a time, so in order to be able to switch between multiple games, it would have to also be able to read digital games too, so yes, if it gives you the option to switch between games, it is capable of reading digital games.
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
Old January 15th, 2015 (02:04 AM).

Nature: Careful
Does anyone have an extra gamestop NA Diancie code? The place I currently live does not have any Pokemon distribution. Help me anyone?

3DS FC: 2981-7737-7152
Old January 15th, 2015 (03:36 AM).

Quote originally posted by Helios93:
Does anyone have an extra gamestop NA Diancie code? The place I currently live does not have any Pokemon distribution. Help me anyone?
that event expired, so I think even if you got a code it wouldn't work.
Old January 15th, 2015 (04:15 PM).
I r8 8/8 no h8 m8.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
^ Ouch. I thought that the codes were only being given out those three weeks but they could be used whenever. Guess not, but at least I have one Diancie that I can hold onto.
Old January 16th, 2015 (07:04 AM).

Am I the only one disappointed in the Eeveelutions? a lot of them had terrible move sets in gen 6 to begin with but I always hoped the move tutors in ORAS would fix that but even then some of them still suck, the two biggest ones being Jolteon and flareon. I am in the process of breeding a Brave Flareon (it's base speed is only 65 so it's not really worth increasing, but it's Sp Att is 95 so I definitely want to make use of that) and as such, the Speed stat is going to be the leftover after I get my 5IV which will give it an Ice Type Hidden Power so does anyone have any suggestion on what hold item I should give it? and having said that, if not Hidden Power, what other special move should I give it instead? Just for reference, the other moves I have on it are Wish, Flare Blitz, Iron Tail or Facade (not sure which) Thanks for suggestions on a special move.
Old January 16th, 2015 (08:28 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Am I the only one disappointed in the Eeveelutions? a lot of them had terrible move sets in gen 6 to begin with but I always hoped the move tutors in ORAS would fix that but even then some of them still suck, the two biggest ones being Jolteon and flareon. I am in the process of breeding a Brave Flareon (it's base speed is only 65 so it's not really worth increasing, but it's Sp Att is 95 so I definitely want to make use of that) and as such, the Speed stat is going to be the leftover after I get my 5IV which will give it an Ice Type Hidden Power so does anyone have any suggestion on what hold item I should give it? and having said that, if not Hidden Power, what other special move should I give it instead? Just for reference, the other moves I have on it are Wish, Flare Blitz, Iron Tail or Facade (not sure which) Thanks for suggestions on a special move.
There's no reason for Flareon to go mixed, really, because of how hard 130 Attack hits. But if you're that desperate, Overheat can be used to smack special walls, or Lava Plume to spread burns.

Also, the ideal Flareon set should be:
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower (still hits Rock Pokemon; you already cover Ice and Fairy Pokemon with Flare Blitz)
-Quick Attack
-Baton Pass/Double-Edge
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire

Old January 18th, 2015 (01:48 PM).

I know that you can get the other forms from trading with other people, but between X, Y, Or and As, is the ONLY form you can get in game for Deerling/Sawsbuck the Spring form? You'd think the obvious solution to this (since there's no seasons) is to have one of each of the season forms in each of the games, but instead ALL the forms in ALL the games seem to be spring, so is the only form of Deerling/Sawsbuck in gen 6 Spring form, or have they released a way to get the other forms in game?
Old January 18th, 2015 (01:55 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I know that you can get the other forms from trading with other people, but between X, Y, Or and As, is the ONLY form you can get in game for Deerling/Sawsbuck the Spring form? You'd think the obvious solution to this (since there's no seasons) is to have one of each of the season forms in each of the games, but instead ALL the forms in ALL the games seem to be spring, so is the only form of Deerling/Sawsbuck in gen 6 Spring form, or have they released a way to get the other forms in game?
All Deerling in OR/AS and all Sawsbuck in X/Y are encountered in spring form.

The only way to have their summer, fall and winter forms is in Gen VI is to transfer them from a Gen V game; remember that sending a Deerling/Sawsbuck to the PC in those games will lock them into their corresponding form until they're withdrawn and you leave the building (when the season changes).

Old January 18th, 2015 (04:13 PM).

Is Dry Skin a worthwhile ability for PArasect? Every move set I see says to put it on, but doesn't that give it a 7.5x weakness to fire type moves? That seems a tad ridiculous to take a chance on considering how many non fire types can learn fire type moves.
Old January 18th, 2015 (04:18 PM).

Is Dry Skin a worthwhile ability for PArasect? Every move set I see says to put it on, but doesn't that give it a 7.5x weakness to fire type moves? That seems a tad ridiculous to take a chance on considering how many non fire types can learn fire type moves.
It's other 2 abilities aren't all that great, and the water immunity/getting healed by water is really nice. It'd die to fire attacks even without Dry Skin, and you wouldn't wanna keep it in on fire stuff anyway.
X/Y Player Outfit Contest
Old January 26th, 2015 (11:27 PM).

I finally got a new 3ds and x version just about to start playing any help would be amazing just no spoilers please if this is the wrong place for this please move it thanks in advance
Old January 27th, 2015 (01:36 AM).

I just got Darkrai from Wonder Trade haha, but anyways. I am wondering out of Darkrai and Zekrom who is better?
Old January 27th, 2015 (05:13 AM).

Quote originally posted by MekoNeko:
I finally got a new 3ds and x version just about to start playing any help would be amazing just no spoilers please if this is the wrong place for this please move it thanks in advance
What kind of help exactly?

Quote originally posted by j0w33:
I just got Darkrai from Wonder Trade haha, but anyways. I am wondering out of Darkrai and Zekrom who is better?
They're both good Pokemon, just different. Darkrai is fast, Dark STAB is really good this generation, and it gets Dark Void, which is a really useful move. Zekrom is slower, but a bit bulkier and hits really hard. It's also the best physical Electric attacker in the game.
Old January 27th, 2015 (11:14 AM).

Quote originally posted by Zekrom:
What kind of help exactly?

They're both good Pokemon, just different. Darkrai is fast, Dark STAB is really good this generation, and it gets Dark Void, which is a really useful move. Zekrom is slower, but a bit bulkier and hits really hard. It's also the best physical Electric attacker in the game.
Well the Darkrai appears to be Shiny, now I don't know if I should trade him considering how OP this Darkrai is haha D:. Hard decisions haha.
Old January 27th, 2015 (01:12 PM).

What generation did shiny Dittos stop transforming into shiny versions of their target? I know for a fact gen 3 shiny dittos transformed into shiny versions, but when did they discontinue that?
Old January 29th, 2015 (01:59 PM).

What generation did shiny Dittos stop transforming into shiny versions of their target? I know for a fact gen 3 shiny dittos transformed into shiny versions, but when did they discontinue that?
I wanna say Gen 4, since it seems that Transform's mechanics changed to copy the target's coloration rather than going off of the user's coloration:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Transform_(move)#Generation_IV
Old January 29th, 2015 (04:03 PM).

Guys, new Q&A thread here!: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343254

So use that one for all your X/Y question and answer needs =)

Locked.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links