• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ahhh I can't wait for us to have our Thanksgiving Dinner. We still have the pies and bread to make, as well as some other things like the yams to finish cooking but otherwise we're getting there!

Soul Eater

→ w e a p o n.
Years
We haven't even started cooking yet, because someone is feeling really sick, and my stomach is kind of off too. So we're sitting here debating on whether or not we wanna risk cooking and waste food. xD;

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I....live....in New Zealand.....no....Thanksgiving......here......no turkey.....nothing.....

Sirfetch’d

I was watching Macy's Parade this morning and my dad's making the turkey. Saw the Pikachu float, whose ears were deflated. And Matt Lauer got the number of Pokemon wrong.

UGHh! How could he? He should really get his facts straight. But yeah I missed the Parade Which is a big part of the Holiday:(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I went to the parade in person once. Wasn't that great. :(

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Not American and don't celebrate American Thanksgiving, but I make sure to watch the Macy's Parade every year. It's really terrific.

And always happens close to when we hold our Santa Claus Parade here in Toronto, and the Macy's Parade just stomps the living crap out of it. There is no comparison.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Macy's Parade is always fantastic. Way better than our local parade.

My Thanksgiving was alright. The turkey was sort of dry though but everything else was good. Stuffing was the best part.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I love watching the Macy's Day Parade. Too bad that I never see all of it because I always wake up too late and when it reruns my family decides that it's time to turn off the TV and play music (because y'know, they aren't sleepy heads like me). I also like watching the dog show that comes after the parade! Little disappointed that the Great Dane didn't win Best in Show this year though. My favorite out of the ones that won Best in Class. The Great Dane and the Hound.

Turkey is always dry to me. Thus I always smother it in Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. Much more delicious then!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Turkey is awesome! Unfortunately we don't really celebrate (or even acknowledge) Thanksgiving over here but ugh it's making me want a roast dinner. Not had one for months now and I miss it more than I ever thought I would...

Years
I was hoping for zombies due to the title. But there were no zombies so I am sad.

Also I went ahead and bought a Samsung Galaxy SIII for $400 and an Otterbox to go with it because my phone has been lagging and randomly shutting down on me lately. Plus top of the food chain in smart phones. LOL

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm did not. I don't care for Black Friday much. My dad had to wake up at 3am to go to work today for Black Friday. And he freaking works at a home improvement store, Lowes. Though I did get a stick of deodorant on sale. And my little brother's getting a phone as we speak. A Samsung Galaxy S Blaze.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You bought it for 400 bucks Netto? Were you buying it out of contract or something?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I skipped Black Friday today and gonna wait for Cyber Monday. Should be an interesting one this year. I have my eye on a portable hard drive.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'd hate to work at a store. Especially when people start flooding in the doors. I'd be so scared lol.

Black Friday would be, although very tiring, the best day to work retail. With how bat**** crazy people are that day, you'll be seeing some pretty funny stuff.

I skipped Black Friday today and gonna wait for Cyber Monday. Should be an interesting one this year. I have my eye on a portable hard drive.

You'd be better off with a external enclosure and a regular internal drive, much much more reliable then a regular external drive or portable drive. (For the portable, you'd want to use a laptop external enclosure and a laptop hdd though.)

Edit - Cyber Monday is the day where every nerd in the world decides to engage in cybersex. Jk, its online retailers equivalent of Black Friday. With better deals, and a lot less rabid shoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back