• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[TehTehTehTeh's] XSE Basic/Medium tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Thanks for taking your time your the best ;)hopefully i won't be asking to many questions next time...O.o

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Code:
#dynamic 0x71AABF

#org @start

lock
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto @recieved
givepokemon 133 5 0 0 0 0
setflag 0x828
release
end 

#org @recieved
release
end

This should give the player a eevee (only once) if they live their room. However, It freezes te game! I tried everything I could think off.
This is my first day of scripting in hacks (actualy the first time I hack). The stupid thing is that I worked, then I wanted to add a give item so the player has pokéballs but then the script stoped working. I changed some things around, but now I can't get back to the working script.
Memo to self: always save your script.

Could someone point me in the right deriction?

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
I cant let you do this..

Fixed. you frogot the 0x0 instead of the 0's

#dynamic 0x71AABF

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto @recieved
givepokemon 133 5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @got
boxset 0x2
waitfanfare
setflag 0x828
release
end

#Org @got
= \c\h01\h02You Recieved a EEVEE!

#org @recieved
release
end

--
This Script will:

Give you a Eevee,

and say, you recieved Eevee.
and it will play a little sound! xD
Good luck..

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Fixed. you frogot the 0x0 instead of the 0's

#dynamic 0x71AABF

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto @recieved
givepokemon 133 5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @got
boxset 0x2
waitfanfare
setflag 0x828
release
end

#Org @got
= \c\h01\h02You Recieved a EEVEE!

#org @recieved
release
end

--
This Script will:

Give you a Eevee,

and say, you recieved Eevee.
and it will play a little sound! xD
Good luck..

You do not need those x0 at the end. just 0's but I did forget that lol, I was to tired well no excuses thanks

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
Code:
#dynamic 0x71AABF

#org @start

lock
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto @recieved
setflag 0x828
release
end 

#org @recieved
release
end

This should give the player a eevee (only once) if they live their room. However, It freezes te game! I tried everything I could think off.
This is my first day of scripting in hacks (actualy the first time I hack). The stupid thing is that I worked, then I wanted to add a give item so the player has pokéballs but then the script stoped working. I changed some things around, but now I can't get back to the working script.
Memo to self: always save your script.

Could someone point me in the right deriction?

well just like neo had:

#dynamic 0x71AABF

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto @recieved
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @got
boxset 0x2
waitfanfare
setflag 0x828
release
end

#Org @got
= \c\h01\h02You recieved a EEVEE!

#org @recieved
release
end

but without the 0x0 just 0 since XSE will change that when you compile...
but if u have that and it still doesnt work (which it should NOT) there is something in A-map that you must do...

if you are putting it on a script tile you must change the Var number and the Unknown number
the most common is 0003 [Unknown] and 4050 [Var Number] (5040 should work for Var number too)

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Yes, it works. ^^I also made a somewhat bigger script:
Your dad ask you if you need pokéballs. If you answer yes, he will give you 5. If you say no, he says something along the lines of: Ok, just say so when you need them. A flag is set so you can only do it once.

However, I still need some help:

- Trainerbattle, How does it work? I changed an empty trainer with HackMew's A-trainer. How Can I place this trainer on a route? I studied a trainer a bit, but it was very confusing with alot offsets! You should make a tutorial on it.
- How can you make someone heal your pokémon? I guess it's something with special cause that's what I saw in a PokéCenter script.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yes, it works. ^^I also made a somewhat bigger script:
Your dad ask you if you need pokéballs. If you answer yes, he will give you 5. If you say no, he says something along the lines of: Ok, just say so when you need them. A flag is set so you can only do it once.

However, I still need some help:

- Trainerbattle, How does it work? I changed an empty trainer with HackMew's A-trainer. How Can I place this trainer on a route? I studied a trainer a bit, but it was very confusing with alot offsets! You should make a tutorial on it.
- How can you make someone heal your pokémon? I guess it's something with special cause that's what I saw in a PokéCenter script.

My I suggest you decompile some in-game scripts with the newest XSE?
I've updated the guide a lot as well.

Like I said in the other thread, I suggest the author downloading latest XSE and adjusting the whole post to adjust or remove anything that's outdated, wrong or misleading. Thanks in advance.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Quick question (again) :) do i need the newest version of XSE for the givepokemon for some reason the one i'm using isn't working which is a bit wierd O.o

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Quick question (again) :) do i need the newest version of XSE for the givepokemon for some reason the one i'm using isn't working which is a bit wierd O.o

I wonder what are you doing "givepokemon for some reason isn't working" is a bit too generic. Anyways, you don't need the newest version but using the old one doesn't really make sense now.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
XSE doesn't let me compile it when i try to and says "Too less parameters on line 6. The correct number is 2."

Ooh this is outdated...

I may update for the new XSE, please don't post in over month old threads though.

KThxBai

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
What do I do when it says too many parameters on line 6.The correct number is 2
help

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
What do I do when it says too many parameters on line 6.The correct number is 2
help

Please dont post here until i make my updates ^.^ i am going to after I take care of my hack, but this is not up to date with some of the XSE updates, your script is pretty much right, you will just need to fix it up with the new param.'s so look at some other tut.'s to fix it on up

Niroshi

Legendary Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 21, 2009
i understant most of this, ive read 6 pages of this thread....but when itry to script a simple talk it tells me my message line is missing a dynamic label. heres the script:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @ Talk( IT tells me i need 2 parameters, thats why i spaced)
#define BOXSET_NORMAL 0x6
release
end

#org @Talk
= [blue_fr]This is my first script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back