• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen V, baton pass, help needed

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Need some help here. My win ratio is only about 15% so far, not with this team but overall.

I apologize for the formatting, I'll update later.

Gorybyss w/ white herb, Shell Smash, Subsitute, Surf and Baton Pass
Ability: Hydration
Nature: Timid
Evs: Hp 252, SpD 24, Speed 232

Scizor w/ haban berry, Swords Dance, Roost, Bug Bite, and Bullet Punch
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
Evs: Hp 252, Defense 4, special Defense 252

MetaGross w/ Life Orb, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch
Ability: Clear body
Evs: Attack 252, Special Attack 4, Speed 252

Garchomp w/ leftovers, Swords Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, and stone edge
Ability: Sand Veil
Evs: Hp 4, attack 252, speed 252

Salamence w/w Choice Scarf, Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Blast and Dragon Claw
Ability Moxie
Evs: Evs: Attack 252, Special Attack 4, Speed 252

Gengar w/ wise glasses, Shadow ball, focus blast, thunderbolt and subsitute
Ability Levitate
Nature Timid
Evs: hp 4, Sp attack 252, speed 252
I think I have 10 wins or so out of 70, for people that haven't d/cd any help would be appreciated

My main start is Gorybyss with a shell smash into Metagross or Salamence, I cycle the others in occasionally.

Updated with more info ...

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Gorebyss can't be your only Baton Passer on the team. You need more Baton Passers, like Espeon. Espeon's Magic Bounce ability reflects most status moves back at the opponent, so it's very useful. I'd put this over Metagross since you already have a Steel Pokemon in Scizor:
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Baton Pass
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability Magic Bounce

Take note that Haban Berry only weakens super effective Dragon moves, and Scizor isn't weak to Dragon; it RESISTS the type.

Bronzong (who's occasionally seen in OU) still walls Garchomp, so Fire Fang (to hit other Steels like Ferrothorn or Forretress) or Aqua Tail (for use against rain teams and to get a big hit on Hippowdon and Gliscor without having to resort to Outrage) are preferred coverage options over Stone Edge.

A true Baton Pass team needs 2-3 members who are capable of using Baton Pass, with the rest of the members being able to abuse those boosts.

Back