• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Free Shop] Ritzy-Ditzy Digi-Arty

Years
Hullo! I'm hysteriX. You can call me Hyst, Rix, or whatever really catches your fancy. I've been doing art for a couple years now, and I hope to be doing it for a lot longer! Here I've come up with a poor, unimaginative name and slapped a hopefulyl more imaginative digital art store for all y'all under it. Sorry if it's a tad haphazard - I'm not truly the type to do fancy banners for all my little things.

My main rules are to, ah, follow the site's and A&D board's rules. I would also like y'all to be even a tiny bit courteous! I am allowed to work on orders in any order. You are free to put in multiple orders as long as you use one form per character (scene?) - do note I am still free to do the orders in any, ah, order. I am allowed to decline an order. I am free to modify the form if I want. I will also ask of you all to put up with a bit of nagging if I (a) want more description on your characters, or (b) want to show you the sketch of the drawing to get your suggestions/approval!

This is mainly a shop for people, mainly characters. They do not have to be Pokemon characters, but it could be fun if they were! Do note: I am but DECENT at drawing Pokemon. Please don't expect me to draw a Hydreigon - I do better with Pokemon like Lilligant or Sableye, even. Humanoid Pokemon would be much easier.

Here are a few examples I've picked from my gallery that, ah, kinda have different styles.

Flat color sketch
Spoiler:

Shaded pictures - little/no background
Spoiler:

Semi-realistic? portraiture - NOTE! Only available if your character's design really wows! me (I am still practicing with this style). Please offer another choice of style if you choose this one.
Spoiler:

I am also happy to draw multiple characters.

NOW WITH PONE!

Spoiler:

Form:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Nick?[/b]
[b]Style?[/b]
[b]Very detailed description of character(s) wanted or reference image:[/b]

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I know you said this was a shop, or sort of like one (I've yet to figure out what that means, exactly. I've assumed it's a PC-ism for request thread), but I'm not here for anything other than commentary, if you'd like.

I really like the style of your artwork. I sort of had an idea, looking at your avatar. Most people on this section of the forum draw their own avatar or signatures, so it's like a little preview of how someone prefers to illustrate.

The first two I think are rather nifty, the lineart may be cleaner in the second, but I actually like the rougher take of the first. I also like the face on the first picture. It's the teeth/tooth and the hair. Extra touches like that add a lot of charm. The only thing I'd say is the the first two pics seem a bit leggy? Bottom heavy? I dunno what the correct term would be, but imagine if you where to place these into a triangle pointing upwards. You'll see that from the base upward, things start to taper off a bit.

I really like what you did with the second picture. I'm kind of stupid when it comes to terminology of anything that's not video game production or animation production, so I really don't know what you'd call a work like that one. It looks like concept art, and I dig that roughness. I enjoy the color choice a lot, too. That's one of my favorite things to do, is to check out how people utilize color.

I like the last picture too. I'm confused about what's beyond the guy's nose. There's something right after it, what is that, I wonder? Haha, it must be something I'm just not seeing.

Overall, really nice style. It'll be interesting to see other things from you.

Years
I've been led to assume a shop is simply a request thread. :'D

Thank you so much for all the nice comments! The first two were done on actually two very different program - (Sketchbook Express for the first, which attempts to emulate traditional drawing, and Paint Tool Sai for all the rest haha). And I am very well-aware most of my women are very bottom heavy lol. I have to really try for characters that are more apple-shaped, or even normal hourglass shaped. xD Unless you mean in general that the legs are long? I tend to do that as well. Whoops.

For me, it's a reference sheet. A very sparse reference sheet, but one nonetheless. I really like to study color theory myself, and since this is a warm character (both in personality and abilities - see the fiery thing) I just had to give her a warm-colored design.

That's actually a lady lol. It's supposed to be a horn - the same thing that is jutting out from the right side of her head. I realize it's confusing; it makes more sense if you've seen the character. xD

And I hope to put more things too, just as soon as someone from the roleplay section of the forum goes "!!! draw my character please!"

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i love your sketchy and painting artwork. i love all of the shades. it looks so different. it's like your own style.
what bothers me is the heavy black outlines. try to make a darker shade to match the inside color so it doesn't look like a heavy outline.
the people drawings are different, i wish they looked more realistic. they kind of look boxy to me that's my opinion tho.
can't wait to see more.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I like your new stuff and your new sig, too. Man, I think I just like your style a lot overall. :3 I'll definitely stay tuned to whatever you've got.

I don't know if I used bottom heavy correctly. XD; I meant the legs, though, but I think you get the idea. As for drawing people of different sizes, hey, that's a good thing. For some people, it's hard to break out of a certain mold, despite the fact that not all people look the same. It's admittingly one of the few things I don't think anime style broadcasts very well (though I suppose I blame that either on the originators or the way beauty is perceived in Japan? And I mean beauty in the very general sense).

Why do I always treat everyone's thread like a conversation? Probably because I love the A & D section. Too much good stuff.

*notices "rarely Pokemon" in sig* Yeah, someone needs to change that. :3 I don't want to be that guy (but I will), come on dudes. Save me from myself. This is just a silly way of saying I don't like making requests but poop, it's not easy to fight sometimes.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 21, 2020
Hmm... I really like your drawings. I want to request some things.

Username: Cutielaurenie
Nick? Cutie or Lauren.
Style? Pony, painterly style.
Very detailed description of character(s) wanted or reference image:
Spoiler:

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
I should first say I love your art! Honestly, keep it up, you have so much potential. :) [SIZE="-5"](My secret pony addictions answered!)[/SIZE]

Username: Urugamosu
Nick? Ali/Uruga
Style? Painterly
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Username: WinterKirby
Nick? Winter, Kirby, WinterKirby
Style? Cleaner Lines
Oh god the image is gigantic
Spoiler:

Years
Hmm... I really like your drawings. I want to request some things.

Wow that pony is cute! The gryffon is also quite interesting but I'm a little curious as to what you want me to do with them? Are they a couple, bros, or what?

I should first say I love your art! Honestly, keep it up, you have so much potential.

Thank yooouuuu! An interesting pony for sure! I may tweak the color scheme lightly to fit the style of the picture, but other than that, you should expect it soon!

[Insert request here]

So many ponies. @_@ I'll get started on the lot of them tonight, hopefully. Sorry for the long wait everyone!

Back