• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
If checkitemamount won't compile, then that is because the name has been changed. Hit F1 in XSE and you will see a command database pop up. Now, scroll through the commands until you get to the command with the number "0x46". This is the command for checkitemamount. See what it's new name is and change your script accordingly.

Are you sure it's not 0x47? 0x46 is checkitemroom but 0x47 is checkitem.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Try both. On PokeScript, 0x46 wasn't checkitemroom, it was checkitemamount, so I don't know what to think.

#include stditems.rbh

'---------------
#org 0x800200
checkitem ITEM_RARECANDY 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x5 goto 0x880020D
end

'---------------
#org 0x80020D
lock
end

Tried checkitem, checkitemamount, and checkitemroom. Nothing. Lol if it helps I'm running Advancedmap 1.95

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
#include stditems.rbh

'---------------
#org 0x800200
checkitem ITEM_RARECANDY 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x5 goto 0x880020D
end

'---------------
#org 0x80020D
lock
end

Tried checkitem, checkitemamount, and checkitemroom. Nothing. Lol if it helps I'm running Advancedmap 1.95

Don't use 1.95. It probably isn't the problem, but it is an unfinished beta that is quite buggy. Also, try using the hex value for rarecandy. That might work better as your rbh file may be wrong.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I have one question. How change wild Pokemon Battle theme in Pokemon Ruby? I want add to my expansion patch an JOHTO region isnide. And my question is about to change music to JOHTO WILD POKEMON THEME <Which I paste in header of TEST LITTLEROOT THEME> When you in Johto.

karatekid552

Years
I have one question. How change wild Pokemon Battle theme in Pokemon Ruby? I want add to my expansion patch an JOHTO region isnide. And my question is about to change music to JOHTO WILD POKEMON THEME <Which I paste in header of TEST LITTLEROOT THEME> When you in Johto.

You would have to branch the music loading routine to check which region you are in and play different music based on it.

karatekid552

Years
This is Helpless answer...

I'm not going to do any of this for you. I told you what you need to do. I spent 20+ hours hacking every single pokemon sprite loading routine to do a similar thing as to what hacking the music routine would do. I found all of these by myself using extremely simple ASM and basic math (literally basic, like just adding and subtracting). To find one music routine will take no time at all, but I refuse to do anything for you.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I know I'm one of the music wizards but something has been a bug in my side. I inserted the pokemart song over jigglypuff's song. It sounds good and stuff, but if I press any button the music stops. Also if I bump into something and it does the "thud" sound, the music stops. When I reenter the map, it plays again and the same thing happens. This is for all pokemarts and even the playsong command. Any help?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I know I'm one of the music wizards but something has been a bug in my side. I inserted the pokemart song over jigglypuff's song. It sounds good and stuff, but if I press any button the music stops. Also if I bump into something and it does the "thud" sound, the music stops. When I reenter the map, it plays again and the same thing happens. This is for all pokemarts and even the playsong command. Any help?

Since I learned music hacking off you I don't know as much as you do. I know when I put a song that's longer than the original track it stops randomly sometimes after the originals length. Even if I repoint.

Last edited:

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years
Hey there,
Does anybody know how to change these sprites (see attachment) for a Pokemon? I've inserted a few custom fakemon into my game and I don't want these still showing up as what Pokemon they used to be.

I seem to recall a tutorial with instructions on how to do this, but I can't find it again.

Thanks

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey there,
Does anybody know how to change these sprites (see attachment) for a Pokemon? I've inserted a few custom fakemon into my game and I don't want these still showing up as what Pokemon they used to be.

I seem to recall a tutorial with instructions on how to do this, but I can't find it again.

Thanks

Wichu's Icon Editor is the best tool to use when it comes to editing the party sprites.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Since I learned music hacking off you I don't know as much as you do. I know when I put a song that's longer than the original track it stops randomly sometimes after the originals length. Even if I repoint.

I think the problem may be that jigglypuff's theme is a fanfare. I will change the bytes that define it as a fanfare to a normal song...

And Kearnseyboy6
to solve your problem, after you assemble your song theres a popup. Click yes and it fixes the length issue.

Last edited:

dunning2012

Sparky
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2017
Hi does anyone know a way to increase the amount of items you can have. For example making a new table and having an extra 100 items more than there are already?

Also is there a way to change the amount of slots you can have in your bag? I've tried looking but can't find any info on either?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

karatekid552

Years
Hi does anyone know a way to increase the amount of items you can have. For example making a new table and having an extra 100 items more than there are already?

Also is there a way to change the amount of slots you can have in your bag? I've tried looking but can't find any info on either?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

1) There are like 100 extra slots for items.

2) Requires ASM and repointing the ram save space used by the bag. I have done it, but it isn't an easy thing to do. Learn ASM and how to use JPAN's Save Block Recycler and then you may be able to do it. And no, I won't do it for you.

dunning2012

Sparky
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2017
Yeh I've used all of the extra slots but I want to make a new table cause i need 600 items in total. Just can't find the offset for the items. Managed to increase the ow sprites and attacks but stumped on this one.

Will have a look for JPAN's tutorial about the bags and I'm fine with ASM. Cheers

karatekid552

Years
Yeh I've used all of the extra slots but I want to make a new table cause i need 600 items in total. Just can't find the offset for the items. Managed to increase the ow sprites and attacks but stumped on this one.

Will have a look for JPAN's tutorial about the bags and I'm fine with ASM. Cheers

JPAN has a tutorial about bags???0.o. No, the save block recycler hacks the save routine so that more ram gets saved so that you can repoint stuff to it like the bag or excess pokdex data and such.

Umm, you should be able to get up to 600 items since there are already more than 256. The only problems you might be having deal with limiter bytes on the loading routines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back