• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
Is it possible to modify Birch's spiel at the beginning of the game? I need to force the player's gender to male. I'm using Ruby.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Posted in the wrong section...

*sigh* Level scripts just seem to hate me... :/

This is a level script that triggers when the player is warped into their room. So far there is only one other level script on the map, one that I put up to lay the groundwork for other level scripts and action in the future. I'm using the [04] Script Type because I dunno and I made sure to set the var in the script. The thing is, it starts with the lockall command and then the script just stops with the player locked in place.

Here's the script for reference:
Spoiler:

Try using script type 02. 04 is really picky about what commands you can use, and runs at a different time.

Is it possible to modify Birch's spiel at the beginning of the game? I need to force the player's gender to male. I'm using Ruby.

This has been done on FR, but I haven't seen it done on Ruby. However, it requires ASM. Unless! You give the player two male choices. Just change the girl to a boy. Otherwise, to remove one option, it will require ASM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
This has been done on FR, but I haven't seen it done on Ruby. However, it requires ASM. Unless! You give the player two male choices. Just change the girl to a boy. Otherwise, to remove one option, it will require ASM.

Where should I start if I want to edit the ASM?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Okay so switching to 02 stops the player from freezing in place, but now the level script won't even activate... :/

karatekid552

Years
Okay so switching to 02 stops the player from freezing in place, but now the level script won't even activate... :/

Most likely a var issue.

/me is going back to look at said script....

Edit:
Okay, first, have you opened up XSE in level script mode and edited the header script found in professional mode in A-Map?

Second: what other scripts are running in the header (please check, don't assume that A-map didn't screw up and create an extra script. This has happened to me before and caused a lot of issues.) and what are their parameters?

Lastly, what are the parameters for this script?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Most likely a var issue.

/me is going back to look at said script....

Edit:
Okay, first, have you opened up XSE in level script mode and edited the header script found in professional mode in A-Map?

Second: what other scripts are running in the header (please check, don't assume that A-map didn't screw up and create an extra script. This has happened to me before and caused a lot of issues.) and what are their parameters?

Lastly, what are the parameters for this script?

Yeah, I did change the things in XSE (turned the raw words 0xblah to 0x0)

I made another script to run in the background, an 03

Spoiler:

And the level script in question is now an 02 with the flag 7007 and the value 0000

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
I have just started learning XSE and general 3rd gen ROM hacking and I was wondering are there any tutorials or just general advice for creating a custom safari zone script?

(note: I'm sorry if I am causing anyone here any trouble but I just felt I should ask this question because I myself am completely lost on how to even start such a task, also thank you in advance for any help you all can give me.)

karatekid552

Years
I have just started learning XSE and general 3rd gen ROM hacking and I was wondering are there any tutorials or just general advice for creating a custom safari zone script?

(note: I'm sorry if I am causing anyone here any trouble but I just felt I should ask this question because I myself am completely lost on how to even start such a task, also thank you in advance for any help you all can give me.)

Don't post the same question on both help threads. That just gets annoying because the same people look at both threads. I replied on Simple Questions.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
So here is my level script: (I am using XSE)
Spoiler:

Basically I want the sprites 4, 5, and 6 to be hidden until I use the showsprite command in a further script. I compiled it and put it into the script offset in the header with this "Validates values, loads handler to 0x03000EB0 (playback) [02]". But when I warp into the map the sprites are still there.

Any ideas on what's wrong? Is it my script?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
So here is my level script: (I am using XSE)
Spoiler:

Basically I want the sprites 4, 5, and 6 to be hidden until I use the showsprite command in a further script. I compiled it and put it into the script offset in the header with this "Validates values, loads handler to 0x03000EB0 (playback) [02]". But when I warp into the map the sprites are still there.

Any ideas on what's wrong? Is it my script?

Hidesprite is temporary, so you should give the three people events a person ID (ex. 200, 201, and 202) and set those flags in your script, along with the hidesprite commands. If you want the people to reappear, use the clearflag and showsprite command.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Game: FireRed (U)
Editor: XSE
Spoiler:

I need the player to move to 2,5 while the screen is black, and then fade in. the player, however, is moved outside of the room somewhere and the camera remains in the same spot.

domdomdommy

US Navy
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Spoiler:

I need the player to move to 2,5 while the screen is black, and then fade in. the player, however, is moved outside of the room somewhere and the camera remains in the same spot.

why not instead of movesprite 0xFF use

Spoiler:

and just remove applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8741291. if you're trying to move the camera without moving the player that's a different command. for camera it's:

Spoiler:

how that helps

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Spoiler:

The camera will follow the player around wherever he or she goes unless you use a few specials.
Special 0x113 'Makes it so the camera is ready to move.
applymovement 0xFE @move 'Makes the camera move according to @move.
Special 0x114 'Once the camera is back to the player, this locks it in place. Make sure it's back in place...

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi all,

very important problem cause is a part mandatory in my hack rom:

i need to check if player have enough money for buying something.

Using pksv (according to the tutorial):

#dynamic 0x740000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
checkmoney 0x96 0x0 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if == jump @canhave ' Equal To
jump @canthave

#org @canhave
'-----------------------------------
'put some code here
release
end

#org @canthave
'put some code here
release
end

It seems to be okay but the problem is when compiling it became this:

#org 0x87402C1
lock
faceplayer
checkmoney 0x96 0x0 0xD21
storeitem 0x1 0x600
nop1 ' #raw 0x1
#raw 0xD7
end

Obviously an error script. Another way is to use integer value to check instad of hex. So using a command like this:

checkmoney 500 0

But it not solve the problem.

Anyone can help me in some way? Is really important.

Thanks a lot!

GoGoJJTech

Years
Try using XSE, then repoint all the data so it's not being overwritten

GoGoJJTech

Years
When you overwrite old data, you're CORRUPTING it. Let's say you have some sort of evolution data in the ROM. If you OVERWRITE that, what happens? You have a corrupted videogame

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
So im kinda new to scripting. I have been using XSE and tried PokeScript in the past. The problem I have with both is the same however. When i load the hacks in i put the offset into AdvMap and everything but when you talk to the npc there is no response or i get some sort of glitched response full of random letters on occasion. Has anyone heard of this happening? or have any idea what could be causing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back