• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Army Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Note: The rules are not final, changes will be made today and tomorrow to simplify this challenge!

What is an Army Nuzlocke?
An Army Nuzlocke contains the same familiar two rules in nearly every nuzlocke

1. You may only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each new area you explore. (a route or cave for example)
2. If one of your Pokemon faints, you must release* it... ...it is dead.

In this new addition "Army Nuzlocke", all pokemon you find in your adventure gang up to build an army. This army will be broken down into regiments/squads, each lead by a Colonel. If a Colonel perishes, his regiment perishes. Just above the Colonels is your General, the leader of your army.
If your General dies, your army dies, and the challenge is lost.

Your starter pokemon is the General. (More details below)
You will have 4 randomly generated Colonels. ("Finding your Colonels")

Finding your Colonels + Rules
1. Goto http://randompokemon.com/ to randomly select who your Colonel pokemon will be
2. Select the region of your game
2. Uncheck NFEs
3. Change Generate 6, to Generate 4
4. Generate!
5. The first pokemon (top left) is Colonel1 (meaning this pokemon leads regiment 1), the second pokemon (moving right) is Colonel 2, the third pokemon (top right) is Colonel 3, and the fourth pokemon (bottom) is Colonel4
6. Write down/Memorize all four pokemon with their regiment number
7. If one of the pokemon is a starter or legendary, regenerate 4 pokemon (using same rules 2-4) and replace those pokemon with a non starter/legendary with the same regiment number. (For example; Colonel3 is a bulbasaur, because starters are not allowed as a colonel, I regenerate 4 new pokemon, and use the newly generated Colonel3. If it's also is a starter or Zapdos however, simply regenerate.
8. Confirm that the pokemon generated can all be obtainable before the elite four. If one is not, regenerate 4 pokemon (using same rules 2-4) and replace the pokemon that is unobtainable by a non starter/legendary/unobtainable of the same Colonel number.

Basically, the starting pokemon you choose is the "General", and must remain in the party until you've defeated the pokemon league.
If the general dies, the entire army dies and you loose the challenge. The starter you will select is based off the 5th digit of your trainer ID number, if 1-3 (Grass) 4-6(Fire) 7-9(Water) if 0(Use the 4th digit instead. If also 0, choose the starter of your choice, you're lucky my friend). Name the pokemon GEN (abbreviation of General), a nickname can be placed after if you want, though you'll be limited to fewer characters.

The next pokemon you obtain is a "Colonel". Notice how I say A colonel, there can be more than one, and each colonel is in charge of a regiment. If a colonel dies, his/her regiment dies. A regiment is a group/squad of pokemon assigned to a specific number. This "specific number" we'll call the regiment number. The first colonel you recieve will have the regiment number 1. So name that pokemon "COL1".

The 3rd pokemon you obtain is given a random ranking, based on a randomly generated number. To generate a random number, goto random.org on your browser. Set the minimum number to 1 and the maximum to 10. Once you have your number, check through the (rank placements) below to see which rank your number falls in.[/CENTER]

Rank/Abbreviation
Spoiler:

Step by step to help explain the confusion of regiments
Spoiler:

To clear confusion with a Colonels death
Spoiler:

Compiled Army Nuzlocke Rules
Spoiler:

Signup Don't signup yet, changes are being made. Come back soon!
Spoiler:

Challengers
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

To rap things up, please, if you're unclear about anything in this challenge at all, just ask. I know there are so many rules, but playing by them firsthand makes the process a whole lot easier! ~Gartoon

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I assume you are playing? I mean you did put a lot of work into this so I can't imagine you wouldn't. Please add a sign up sheet with an example, or just a challengers list that includes yourself. If you are not participating I will unapprove the thread.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I assume you are playing? I mean you did put a lot of work into this so I can't imagine you wouldn't. Please add a sign up sheet with an example, or just a challengers list that includes yourself. If you are not participating I will unapprove the thread.

Thanks a bunch, I'll be keep this alive! Adding signups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back