• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Roc
Yeah, I felt bad for the poor little dude. Then I was paranoid for a while that one of the stray cats would end up being hit, as well. I had to carry around one of them that night, because he seen me in the street and wandered out to find me haha.

I seen them earlier on the thread you have a link to in your signature, and I can't remember anything worth changing. I'll take another look today, though, and get back to you on it. [:

@Nathan
No worries haha. If anyone but a friend would have said something like that, though, I would have ignore list'd without any warning. I didn't want to do that to a friend. {:

Okay, going to post a poll quickly before leaving for a few hours. See you guys later.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You have to be really careful with internet flirting. Once a guy was flirting with me and I tried to brush him off gently and nicely, and he got the wrong idea. Once I told him I wasn't interested (this took place over the course of a week or so, for reference) he got my IP address from the Ventrilo server we both visited and began threatening myself, my mother, and my sister using the information from that.

Being female and on the internet can be really scary.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Didn't see Kura's post.

Not exactly. I'm just very intolerant of flirting, but I have reason for being that way. If it's someone offline, I kind of just brush it off and ignore them because I don't really care haha.

Okay, /now/ I'm leaving. x:

Edit:
I know I've already said this, but I still can't get over how friendly you people are. My post to Nathan would have been reason for a ton of people to freak out at me, if I would have put that on a forum I used to go on. I still expect to have people pick through my posts to find reason to get angry with me, but that hasn't happened yet, and I've been here for nearly 5 months.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
You have to be really careful with internet flirting. Once a guy was flirting with me and I tried to brush him off gently and nicely, and he got the wrong idea. Once I told him I wasn't interested (this took place over the course of a week or so, for reference) he got my IP address from the Ventrilo server we both visited and began threatening myself, my mother, and my sister using the information from that.

Being female and on the internet can be really scary.

Yeah a dude I was selling some stuff over Etsy to went really creepy.. and it was like.. you had to be nice otherwise you'd get crummy sellers rep.. but at the same time you have to be like "uh.. I'm not interested." :C

What ended up happening? Just blocked the guy?

Not all internet-meetups and relationships end badly and there are quite a few people on PC even (including me) that are a testament to that!

Slender: Ah fair enough! Just not interested in all that at the moment which is fine. :3

Poor JNathan almost having a heart attack thinking he'd lose a friend over a silly comment haha *patpat*

Crux

Evermore
Years
Haha, Livewire, what are you saying 'lol ok' about?

@Slender:
You're an awesome person, you know that? X)

Eh, that's no help!
Alright.

Eh, we're friendly enough... sometimes...

See you!

@Toujours:
That's why you learn Muay Thai.

@Kura:
Nope, I don't think you're a nice person at all! ;x (Kidding.)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I wasn't worried at all. Yes, i was
I'm definitely not the kind of person to flirt in the bad way with a woman and i'm not angry easily but there are other men that think that when you act friendly you are interested in them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
My hair is dyed partly blue right now :3

This is a bad picture (just taken quickly to show my mom and friends some dresses I was thinking about wearing for an upcoming wedding for help to decide.)

Spoiler:

:c Not wearing any makeup (lazy sunday) so excuse the derpy eyes.
And yes, I need to take that dress in a size and hem it ;_;.. fff.. I hate being short.

And more blue is in the back but you can't see it in this pic.

Slender, cute drawing! I can give you a critique if you like! Post it in the drawover-paintover thread too, if you're daring! :3
That's a really pretty dress, Kura. You're pretty :3

As for online flirting, I just plain dont do it. You never know who's out there and knowing that kind of thing happens sometimes leads me to hide my gender on sites.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years

This is a bad picture (just taken quickly to show my mom and friends some dresses I was thinking about wearing for an upcoming wedding for help to decide.)

Spoiler:

And yes, I need to take that dress in a size and hem it ;_;.. fff.. I hate being short.

Slender, cute drawing! I can give you a critique if you like! Post it in the drawover-paintover thread too, if you're daring! :3
Bad picture she says, pfft. You look amazing <33
On the topic of creepiness/online flirting, I personally don't see the problem with expressing your feelings towards someone as long as you don't just bluntly throw it in their face. If you know someone well and like them, tell them that. Just try to stray away from words like "obsessed", "in love"... etc.

"I really like you and I think you're a great person ^_^" is a great way to go about it, just as long as you know the person and don't run the risk of them blocking you heh.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What ended up happening? Just blocked the guy?

Not all internet-meetups and relationships end badly and there are quite a few people on PC even (including me) that are a testament to that!

We just kind of ignored him and he went away because he wasn't the type of person to follow up on said threats. Plus he was in a guild with people we knew well and the higher-ups in the guild were getting on his back for it so he was at risk of losing a lot of friends and ~internet status~ over it.

Yeah, I still don't inherently distrust people online or anything like that. Actually, one of my closest friends online I met through 4chan, which is the sketchiest way possible to meet someone, haha.

Gabri

m8
Years
I don't usually flirt over the internet. When I do, it's in a joking way to people I've known and talked to for a while.

I do it a lot irl tho.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015

Spoiler:

What the hell do you mean a bad picture?? I say "Blasphemy!" You look wonderful, ma'am.

& to get back on topic, I think that online flirting is okay... so long as it doesn't get over-the-top. Of course, you can't tell if someone is a sexual predator or not, which is the only bad thing about the internet that I could find...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think if you do like someone online, you should just tell them that, yeah they might end up rejecting you, but it's just going to be bad if you don't.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I did that, and yeah, she rejected me. But we were close, and we remained close, and I'm happy for that.

It's weird, though, I'll admit. Liking someone over the web, I mean.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
It's a little weird, I mean you know nothing about the person. Just how he/she looks like and her hobbies or maybe another few things. Not enough for me.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I agree with Dipu. It's just weird, particularly if they actually end up in an internet relationship. I can't imagine those going well, considering the people who are hiding out online. .-.

Augh. I just realized that I've skipped the last seven or so doses of my antibiotics. That would explain why my best friend touched my arm yesterday and told me that I felt hot. >_>

Honest

Hi!
Years
It's a little weird, I mean you know nothing about the person. Just how he/she looks like and her hobbies or maybe another few things. Not enough for me.

I'm not talking about some love at first sight crap. That's a pile of bull, imo.

I might flirt with people online, but it really takes a real amazing person to really get me to like someone. And, well, she was that person. We just got so close, even though we were so far away.

I don't talk to her as much, and I do miss her. But I know she's happy, and that makes me happy.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You don't know nothing about the person. Although I have no interest in online relationships anymore, generally you know as much as you would know from spending time with the person in real life. You Skype so you know how they speak, you know about their lives, their family and friends, you talk on the phone/text all the time. It's not like the olden days of the internet without all these technologies that let online relationships feel very close to rl ones.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Online relationships may be my last resort to find someone to be together with, because I'm unsure if the girls I talk to are interested in what I do on my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back