• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old cards, What are they worth?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 19, 2015
Hey guys

My 1995 cards: Flareon *,Horsea,Pikachu,Articuno*,Arcanine,Zapdos*,Jolteon*,Mag Mar.

2002: Vulpix

2003: Chinese card

What are they worth?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
If you would like accurate prices please provide pictures so we can see the condition of the cards.
If your looking for best case scenario prices then please provide more information such as what sets they are from.
In top condition,
Flareon star can go for $50-$100, i know this because I have one of my own which is unfortunately in poor condition.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 19, 2015
ww23yft4_jpg.html

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Ah, sorry that's not a Flareon *, this is:
Spoiler:

The star in the bottom right corner means it is a Rare.
I don't have time to check prices for every card at the moment but you can probably mind most of them on http://www.trollandtoad.com/ Just type the pokemons name into the search bar and it should n't be too hard to match up the images.
As for quality, they all look to be in pretty good condition (except maybe that horsea) so the prices on trollandtoad will be only slightly higher than what you can probably get for them on ebay.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I wouldn't use trollandtoad as a guide for pricing Pokemon cards personally. Some of their cards are significantly cheaper than what they would typically sell for on Ebay, while others are significantly more expensive. I've also heard that the condition of their cards can be a bit random, with customers receiving cards advertised as "near mint" that look anywhere from heavily played to flawless.

You're better off checking Ebay. See what others are selling their cards for and price yours for around the same price or slightly less. You can also search for previously sold listings to get an idea of what people are generally paying for a specific card. This is particularly useful if you want to stick something up for auction.

Looking at your cards, I think you could probably get about £10 if you sold them collectively at auction. Or perhaps closer to £15 if you sold them individually. You have some desirable cards, but none that are super rare or valuable.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
I wouldn't use trollandtoad as a guide for pricing Pokemon cards personally. Some of their cards are significantly cheaper than what they would typically sell for on Ebay, while others are significantly more expensive. I've also heard that the condition of their cards can be a bit random, with customers receiving cards advertised as "near mint" that look anywhere from heavily played to flawless.

You're better off checking Ebay. See what others are selling their cards for and price yours for around the same price or slightly less. You can also search for previously sold listings to get an idea of what people are generally paying for a specific card. This is particularly useful if you want to stick something up for auction.

Looking at your cards, I think you could probably get about £10 if you sold them collectively at auction. Or perhaps closer to £15 if you sold them individually. You have some desirable cards, but none that are super rare or valuable.

I usually use trollandtoad as a best-case scenario kind of price, then check ebay to see what most people are getting it for... I don't think I've ever seen a card underpriced on troll

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I usually use trollandtoad as a best-case scenario kind of price, then check ebay to see what most people are getting it for... I don't think I've ever seen a card underpriced on troll
Just as an example, some of their Base set shadowless cards are significantly cheaper than what they would typically sell for on Ebay. Even with international shipping costs (I live in the UK) it's cheaper for me to buy the cards from them than buying the same cards on Ebay from a UK seller. The only reason i'm not doing it is because I don't trust their near mint condition grading.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Just as an example, some of their Base set shadowless cards are significantly cheaper than what they would typically sell for on Ebay. Even with international shipping costs (I live in the UK) it's cheaper for me to buy the cards from them than buying the same cards on Ebay from a UK seller. The only reason i'm not doing it is because I don't trust their near mint condition grading.

I wouldn't buy from anywhere that doesn't provide a picture of the exact card you're purchasing.

Back