The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Questions & Feedback

Notices

Community Questions & Feedback Your one-stop shop for all things related to PokéCommunity. Tell the community leaders they suck how wonderful they're doing, ask for help with a certain feature or where to post something... that kind of thing.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:00 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
You bring up a fair point here but...I imagine it like this, and bear with me, because hopefully a lot of what I'm saying would make sense here (cause lol my wording):

Yes, it doesn't need to be crazily active but...would it at least help, in a sense? Note that I'm not asking for a grandiose amount of activity here, that's silly of course. But in my ideal ~*world~* (so to speak), in this situation, these event organizers would kind of be like a team of people, planning events left and right and whatnot, and what could work as events, and what couldn't work, things of that nature.

Basically, think of the VIP forum and replace like 2/3rds - 3/4ths of the threads in there with event discussion, and that's what I imagine it to be like. I mean, that's just in my mind, after all, it'd be pretty fun. :x

Hopefully that helps?
It does! And while it's not a bad idea, I still feel like it is limiting to those who might just want to host a one-off event but they don't want the responsibility of having an event organizer status (or if mods don't feel they're active enough to have it, would they just have to pass up their event to the organizer's desecration?)
And yeah, of course lots more activity would be helpful.. hmm.. maybe we could have both? Event Organizers would be like mod-helpers for that section while others are free to post too?

I don't know what the VIP forum is like, sorry.. Tier 2 supporters can't see it.. but I think I understand what you mean.

I guess it is just up to what the moderators would prefer..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
You bring up a fair point here but...I imagine it like this, and bear with me, because hopefully a lot of what I'm saying would make sense here (cause lol my wording):

Yes, it doesn't need to be crazily active but...would it at least help, in a sense? Note that I'm not asking for a grandiose amount of activity here, that's silly of course. But in my ideal ~*world~* (so to speak), in this situation, these event organizers would kind of be like a team of people, planning events left and right and whatnot, and what could work as events, and what couldn't work, things of that nature.

Basically, think of the VIP forum and replace like 2/3rds - 3/4ths of the threads in there with event discussion, and that's what I imagine it to be like. I mean, that's just in my mind, after all, it'd be pretty fun. :x

Hopefully that helps?
It does! And while it's not a bad idea, I still feel like it is limiting to those who might just want to host a one-off event but they don't want the responsibility of having an event organizer status (or if mods don't feel they're active enough to have it, would they just have to pass up their event to the organizer's desecration?)
And yeah, of course lots more activity would be helpful.. hmm.. maybe we could have both? Event Organizers would be like mod-helpers for that section while others are free to post too?

I don't know what the VIP forum is like, sorry.. Tier 2 supporters can't see it.. but I think I understand what you mean.

I guess it is just up to what the moderators would prefer..?

Last edited by Kura; April 22nd, 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:44 AM
Giant Magikarp
I like Iris...

Nature: Adamant
I'm new to this and can anyone tell me what's the difference between mods and normal members?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:01 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Magikarp View Post
I'm new to this and can anyone tell me what's the difference between mods and normal members?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/faq.php...#faq_positions

Check this :) Also there's a Quick Questions sticky where questions like this actually go (at the top of this forum!)

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Melody
✿Singing Nature's Melody✿

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
I'd like to point out a few things:

Ok, so it seems like some people are still not sold on having an events subsection somewhere and I can sort of understand why. However, let me point out that such sections have existed before for the purposes of organizing all manners of events in the "Get Together" events and such. I believe that such a subforum would allow members to suggest events, create them and submit them for approval. Once submitted and the post is reviewed and approved by the section moderator(s) for viability and compliance; the thread would have a month to organize a staff member to second it, organize as many members/staff members as necessary to run the event smoothly, collect sufficient members expressing interest in joining the event and setting up a time/date to have the event.

If after a month, the event falls through then the thread would need to be re-submitted for approval by PMing the mod and reposting the thread if necessary.

I don't believe such a section has to be active, as it's purpose is to allow members to host their own events that they'd be interested in. It would eliminate the need to wait, and provide staff a framework to submit their own events as well if they wish to hold an event outside of the usual normal timeframes of holidays and get together sort of events. Not to mention moderators running events in their own sections wouldn't need to use the subforum to get their event approved, they could just announce them there to get eyes on their section because of an event. So events that would otherwise be overlooked because they're posted in a sticky in your section would get some exposure because people would be looking to the events subforum to look into events they might find interesting. So everybody wins, and it saves the administrative overhead of hiding and unhiding a forum come "Get Together" season.
Zorua
Avant Garde
~~~+~~~

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links