• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Future

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
Oh great a hack of second gen games <3
Second gen games are the best hehehe
Good luck!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
i like the hack it seems good i like all those little things in the scripts....lmao counter strike.... but its good to see hacks of old games :D

This game has some potential unlike all those poser games made by people who can't script for nothing.
Thanks !
I don't want to sound cocky but I guess you could say I can script.

Oh great a hack of second gen games <3
Second gen games are the best hehehe
Good luck!
Agreed and thanks :)

Edit:
I'm leaving for a month or so, so don't expect to see me replying to your posts during that time.
I'll back though, probably before August.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Awesome hack. I've seen plenty of vids and especially like the Wizard Jin script.

miksy91

Years
Awesome hack. I've seen plenty of vids and especially like the Wizard Jin script.
Thank you :)

A small update

I may not be able to work with this as much as before in the following six months. Anyway, I've been picking up lots of new ideas for the game and actually know pretty much how the story will stay exciting and just like in many good RPGs, there will be plot twists in the game.

I don't feel like sharing much more info here because I don't want to spoil all the fun you'll have with this game when it's released (not in a while at least). But yeah, storyline is well-planned anyways :D

A random screenshot ;)

19119451.png

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Update

I'll be likely away for almost the following three weeks so thought of showing another new script before I leave (may visit here to answer questions though but not hacking at least).

AshtonTS

Umbreon
Years
  • Age 27
  • CT
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
Hey! This is a great hack. I played through it twice and it was epic both times! Keep up the good work and don't give up on this!

miksy91

Years
Hey! This is a great hack. I played through it twice and it was epic both times! Keep up the good work and don't give up on this!
Thanks, I may retire from hacking sometime but one thing is for sure, Dark Future will be complete !

Anyways, I came here to say that I've just started creating a major event, the most epic one this far.
Not telling more about that, you'll have to play through the next beta to see how it is yourself ;)

miksy91

Years
Got the event done, mostly (each person says "Object event" for now instead of what they'll say when it's complete).
If you like to watch, here is the beginning of the it (leaving still most of the stuff, that happens in the event itself, unknown).

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
That even in the previous post looks very nice, actually! If I had to guess, I would say that it's the hero's shadow (similar to Shadow Link in Zelda games). In fact, I like the look of this hack in general. But really? AK-47's? It look like you have a good hold on scripting for Gen 2, now.

miksy91

Years
That even in the previous post looks very nice, actually! If I had to guess, I would say that it's the hero's shadow (similar to Shadow Link in Zelda games). In fact, I like the look of this hack in general. But really? AK-47's? It look like you have a good hold on scripting for Gen 2, now.
Glad to hear you like it :)
Well, that reference to CS only happens once in the game where two kids are playing it against each other (more of a joke and has nothing to do with the hack itself).

Anyways, I've uploaded a new video and decided to link it here as well.
Won't tell much though ;)

P.S
Two banners that were made for this hack when it was still based on Crystal (around a year and half ago) are now added in the first post.

Last edited:

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
A Silver hack, yay! Good luck. :) Also, your signature is very helpful for a beginner Gen. II hacker like me. :D

Has the event from your last video something to do with Celebi? :)

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
A Silver hack, yay! Good luck. :)
Has the event from your last video something to do with Celebi? :)
Thanks, and no.
It has nothing to do with Celebi, it's used as a portal to return back to the "non-book" world :D

Update

I've decided to release another beta soon enough.
It will likely contain areas: Area 100 to Area 106, a couple of caves and towns. Not sure when it's done though - I'm currently editing Area 105.

Another thing; you won't be able to gain badges in this hack which is a major loss when you're supposed to be able to use traded pokemon...
Well, that thing is fixed !

I found the asm routine for pokemon disobeying the player so I edited it so that traded pokemon will always obey you :)

miksy91

Years
I love this hack so far, very thoughtful, great job C:
Thanks! The beta around here is way outdated though, hahha!

"Dark Future" was the original name of the hack which has been changed into Dark Energy. A new thread can be found in hacks showcase and beta 3.1 is the most up-to-date version available.

I'll just remove beta 1.0 from the main post of this thread and while at it, the thread may be left open or be closed right away, it's not like there would be comments in this thread anyhow.

Back