• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen team is essential or not?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 9, 2016
Absolutely team is essential for 5 generation, this is my thinking but yours?

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Club? What? I'm not confused, but I'll certainly pretend to be for comedic effect.

Anyways, teams are essential to every Pokemon game, including Gen 5 games. I don't think they're more or less important for Gen 5. I think that you don't really need to plan them out, but forming a team that you are comfortable play with is key to success in the game.

Reactions: Sun
Years
This is a weird pseudo-Japanese message conveyed through a pseudo-Indian accent. If you mean the letters 'th,' then perhaps, on which see further. I hear that 'team' is considered a nice-sounding word in Japan, especially involving Pokémon, perhaps because they have been trained extensively to pronounce the letter 'l,' to channel Gary for a moment. Otherwise you might wonder. I mean, it's not essential, but in any case you do have a Pokémon, so hopefully it's not a Mew.

(In the fifth generation, it's always a Mew.)

Years
I don't get why a Club prefix is here, but I do agree with the others. Team building is an essential part of Pokemon, whether competitive or casual play, because there's a chance you could easily fall to a certain type and that's why balance is key to succeeding in the game.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I don't get why a Club prefix is here, but I do agree with the others. Team building is an essential part of Pokemon, whether competitive or casual play, because there's a chance you could easily fall to a certain type and that's why balance is key to succeeding in the game.

I think there's less emphasis on building a balanced team for casual play. People have completed games with Magikarp and Metapod before. Now for competitive play, absolutely you need a balanced team, or else your team better be very very creative.

Years
I think there's less emphasis on building a balanced team for casual play. People have completed games with Magikarp and Metapod before. Now for competitive play, absolutely you need a balanced team, or else your team better be very very creative.

I still do like balancing my team in casual play, because I find it better to be safe than sorry. It's even more easier to build a team casually when there's a good selection of Pokemon in the game in question, notably in B2/W2 and X/Y. As for the original B/W, while there were some weak Pokemon, there are still more of the stronger ones so even having a team of entirely new Pokemon was fun to use.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I still do like balancing my team in casual play, because I find it better to be safe than sorry. It's even more easier to build a team casually when there's a good selection of Pokemon in the game in question, notably in B2/W2 and X/Y. As for the original B/W, while there were some weak Pokemon, there are still more of the stronger ones so even having a team of entirely new Pokemon was fun to use.

I totally agree, and that's the best part about Pokemon, in my opinion. When it comes to casual play, there is no limit to how you can play and the possibilities are virtually endless! That's what makes Pokemon fun, and I think that was emphasized well in Gen 5.

Back