• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Emotion" - Featured 5th Gen Music

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
So, you guys have voted, and now our features 5th Gen ost, is "Emotion"!

This music generally plays at key moments, for example, when Bianca confronts her father in Nimbasa City, as well as the flashback episodes that you can see on Black 2 / White 2, if you've managed to link up your old Pokeon White / Black games.

So, do you guys have any thoughts on this piece? Should it have been played at more key moments? If so, which moments can you think of? Feel free to share anything. <33

Years
I remember tearing up at the confrontation between Bianca and her father, because it often reminds me how much my own mother gets worried about me and is often concerned I can't function in the outside world unassisted. I can't really think of more key moments the theme could have been played at, though.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
This is literally one of the best songs in all of pokémon. Kudos to the developer who remembered this song in 6th gen. It's seriously amazing and in terms of the games, main series anyway, it is definitely the most heartfelt and touching.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
The memories from B2W2 that you get from syncing your original BW... UGH SO GOOD. I may not like the sequels as much as the originals but that was a wonderful feature that made me shed man tears.

Years
The memories from B2W2 that you get from syncing your original BW... UGH SO GOOD. I may not like the sequels as much as the originals but that was a wonderful feature that made me shed man tears.

I do agree. A Pokemon soundtrack never teared me up before but this track was just so soft and made me shed a tear. AZ's theme in X & Y does come close, thanks to its use in Serena's haircut moment in the anime. But still, Emotion had to be one of my fave theme music in the games to date.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I don't remember too many occasions when this piece was played during BW, but that's actually a pretty good thing. It's best that they saved this beautiful theme for the moments when it really mattered. It was used a bit more liberally in B2W2 but it still felt appropriate. It's personally not my favorite track of gen 5, but that's only because there's so many wonderful pieces in its collective OST. Still, this remains one of the most powerful. The title is especially appropriate; although, its English title is "An Unwavering Heart." I think that works nicely, too, as it conveys a sense of courage along with the emotionally-packed trials and tribulations.

I hadn't tipped much, if at all, while playing X, but when the Trainer in Coumarine City played this song, I tipped him the highest amount without thinking twice.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
This theme should carry over to other games. It's so peaceful and yet you could feel the rage of emotions underneath, primarily sadness. I could definitely hear this in some PMD games, and when you defeat AZ in XY.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Emotion is a beautiful song but personally that scene when it played with Bianca didn't touch me much. Like, I felt like there wasn't enough character development for it to really mean anything. N's Farewell on the other hand I find is more interesting and memorable in comparison.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This is pretty beautiful, even as far as pokémon music goes. Still doesn't compare to the beautiful songs from the anime movies or PMD games, but in the main series games, this is one of the most pretty tracks for sure. I liked the XY version of it.

Back