• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Yeaaah I don't think they'll censor the trailer much other than just translate it to English. I didn't really see anything Elesa did as inappropriate tbh. Then again, this is for the games, not the anime, so as far as redrawing goes, it could be a different story and they may not. :3

...also wait if I understood the story correctly, triple battle with you, your rival and Cheren versus Plasma in the games? omg.

Hopefully! That'd be really cool. But would we be able to switch positions in the battle?

Dragonight

Random guy!
Years
As soon as I saw this trailer, I pre-ordered the game!

Everyone had low expectations of this, but now the game turns out to be awesome! (Hopefully.....)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I remember that about her Seviper. I meant that actually none of the Pokemon in the trailer said their names, even that Seviper the Plasma trainer had. Though, it may just be because none of them were "cutesy" Pokemon. I'm sure if Pikachu were in it, the actress from the anime would have been used.

Actually, I don't think so, even with Pikachu. Pikachu as a mascot and pokémon saying their names, it is a distinct anime thing. Pokémon Yellow Version had Pikachu saying its name because the game was based on the anime. In the other games, even the newer ones where sound channels and technology is no longer a hindrance, new pokémon get sounds that fit their physiology or appearance rather than saying their names.

This proves - again - that the game universe is totally separate from the anime universe. It's a kids thing, while the 5th gen games obviously strive to be interesting to a (somewhat) more mature audience, what with its focus on characters (Cheren and Bianca actually AGED omfg) and story instead of just introducing another new region or pokémon.

When RPing (because that's where I can relate to this xD) I have always preferred to have pokémon make noises and act at least somewhat more animal-like than they do in the anime.

Hooray for the game-verse, in short. If they ever really do a real anime based on this (but I guess it's not likely), I will love the creators forever. There's a slllllight chance that a movie could be made though, isn't there? :D why give up

Lucario totally gives out a cute bark~

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
I think the trailer holds some interresting concept's and shows a decent deal of what pokemon black/white 2 may look like in the future. I am very much looking forward to the game

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
I keep replaying the trailer, and admittedly for the music. Wouldn't it be nice if it were in the games? If only. :(

I personally thought this was fan-made at first, just because the music was just so astounding/unexpected coming from Pokemon.

I also just adored all of those voice actors <333

All I can think about right now- pokemon b and w 2 ;o;
Can't believe half of the region is frozen over like in the trailer.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
So, I finally watched the video. I must admit that I fell in love with it. Though, I was so thinking "this is some seriously smooth propaganda. Now I'm definately going to buy it!" XD

I am ecstatic about seeing Arcanine and Seviper. So excited. Of course, I freaked out when I saw the Shadow Triad. Bianca and Cheren were way Kawaii. I do wonder if maybe N will eventually give up the Pokemon Liberation goal and will be working with you later in the game instead of just being a competitive rival...it's not likely, but he doesn't seem evil to me.

I wonder if Team Rocket will be attacking Team Plasma in the games as well.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
It's even better because Pikachu wasn't in it.!

Again, Elesa was stunning. Looks like Brycen didn't get a re-design so I wonder who else will. I hope Skyla does.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Oh my, I thought they were gonna make a spin off show like chronicles, that would be great! This is how the anime should be like.
So the protagonist has an Emboar, Arcanine and Lucario? Well I just found 3 confirmed Pokemon on my team in BW2... :P

Also, does this mean that there will be two evil teams? Team Plasma and the Ninja's? Or are they both working together to achieve the same goal?

Years
Oh my god.. I've seen this trailer more than 20 times now, its..just very well made!
Pleasesomeonemakethisintotheanime! ._.
I think the shadow triad looks awesome!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh my, I thought they were gonna make a spin off show like chronicles, that would be great! This is how the anime should be like.
So the protagonist has an Emboar, Arcanine and Lucario? Well I just found 3 confirmed Pokemon on my team in BW2... :P

Also, does this mean that there will be two evil teams? Team Plasma and the Ninja's? Or are they both working together to achieve the same goal?

The three Ninja's were the Shadow Triad, the group that works exclusively for Gheitsis. Who are also associated with Team Plasma.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hopefully! That'd be really cool. But would we be able to switch positions in the battle?

Probably not imo, since it looks just to be triple and not rotational. :(

I keep replaying the trailer, and admittedly for the music. Wouldn't it be nice if it were in the games? If only. :(

I really think the Plasma remixed music will be in the games, idk about everything else, but they can't just not include anything from the trailer, that'd be dumb on their parts!

Years
So much epicness!! Thank you so much for sharing :)

I like the look of the woman next to Seviper; the Rival looks cool and I have to say this promo made me like the male protagonist a lot more :)

Also, Arcanine and Samurott looked awesome there haha :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013

Same here! Loved the music!

Actually, I don't think so, even with Pikachu. Pikachu as a mascot and pokémon saying their names, it is a distinct anime thing. Pokémon Yellow Version had Pikachu saying its name because the game was based on the anime. In the other games, even the newer ones where sound channels and technology is no longer a hindrance, new pokémon get sounds that fit their physiology or appearance rather than saying their names.

This proves - again - that the game universe is totally separate from the anime universe. It's a kids thing, while the 5th gen games obviously strive to be interesting to a (somewhat) more mature audience, what with its focus on characters (Cheren and Bianca actually AGED omfg) and story instead of just introducing another new region or pokémon.

When RPing (because that's where I can relate to this xD) I have always preferred to have pokémon make noises and act at least somewhat more animal-like than they do in the anime.

Hooray for the game-verse, in short. If they ever really do a real anime based on this (but I guess it's not likely), I will love the creators forever. There's a slllllight chance that a movie could be made though, isn't there? :D why give up

Lucario totally gives out a cute bark~

Ah, I see. Yeah, it definitely sets it apart from the actual anime. For me, as long as the voice/sound fits the Pokemon, I don't mind. Personally, I didn't feel that Pignite's voice fit it very well. But yeah, they should try to make something of this quality, even if it is completely original and not based off a game or the show.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Same here! Loved the music!

Ah, I see. Yeah, it definitely sets it apart from the actual anime. For me, as long as the voice/sound fits the Pokemon, I don't mind. Personally, I didn't feel that Pignite's voice fit it very well. But yeah, they should try to make something of this quality, even if it is completely original and not based off a game or the show.

It's Emboar not Pignite
And I think every voice fits well for the Pokemon, I mean they all sound very intimidating, and considering these are monsters you use to fight with, that's definately a good thing.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm,one thing I noticed that I kinda like,is that the music in the trailer reminds me a lot of YuGiOh GX. But ya loved the trailer. No pikachu,no Ash....ect.

torchickensandwich

<-- this guy
Years
Ahhhh! This trailer has to be the coolest thing Pokemon has ever done. The animation is amazing and the characters and pokemon look great.

There are two things troubling me about the upcoming games that no one else seems to talk about though. What ever became of Black and White (or Hilbert/Hilda, your choice)? I really hope to see them in the games and not just in a cameo. They were a huge part of the first games, obviously being the protagonists and all.

Also what about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Is Kyurem some sort of parasite that takes control of a host (in this case Zekrom/Reshiram)? Or will Black Kyurem and White Kyurem be totally different pokemon from Zekrom and Reshiram?

Gah, so many possibilities! I can't wait for these games!

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I personally liked the trailer. It had nice music and the animation was really nice... The male protagonist looks better in the animation than he does in those released screen shots... Hm...

Cheren looks very nice in this game and I believe he looked stunning in the trailer. :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Ahhhh! This trailer has to be the coolest thing Pokemon has ever done. The animation is amazing and the characters and pokemon look great.

There are two things troubling me about the upcoming games that no one else seems to talk about though. What ever became of Black and White (or Hilbert/Hilda, your choice)? I really hope to see them in the games and not just in a cameo. They were a huge part of the first games, obviously being the protagonists and all.

Also what about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Is Kyurem some sort of parasite that takes control of a host (in this case Zekrom/Reshiram)? Or will Black Kyurem and White Kyurem be totally different pokemon from Zekrom and Reshiram?

Gah, so many possibilities! I can't wait for these games!
Yeah, GameFreak really is going about promoting these games nicely, and they should do animation trailers like this for future games as well!

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are formes of Kyurem, though.

Back