• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red Paperclip.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Has anyone ever heard of the Red Paperclip trade?
Basically, it was some guy who traded a Red Paperclip all the way up to a house. You can look it up, it got pretty famous.

Anyways, has anyone ever tried to do this in the Pokemon world?
For example, maybe starting with a Caterpie or something, and then trying to turn that Caterpie into like a Shiny Lugia. That'd be pretty cool to see!

So if someone hasn't done it, they should try now :3

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
That's... actually kinda-sorta what happened to me this generation. One day I wonder traded random junk from the first few routes (shaddup, I was just starting), ended up with Pokerus, traded that, got all the starters, traded around some more, there where some giveaways in between, and at some point I ended up trading a Happy Hour Smeargle for a Mew. o.o

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Well, I threw a bronzong onto the gts and got a shiny 6iv timid latios in a moon ball :) not sure if it was hacked or not though.

Well, Shiny Timid is possible if someone abused their IDs for that spread and caught the Latios roaming Kanto in HGSS... so I hope that helps you out a little. XD

Back