• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
I searched around for tuts and such and didnt find anything.
So im wondering how do I change the hero/heroine trainer card sprites and their backsprites? on Emerald?

School days again...
Years
I searched around for tuts and such and didnt find anything.
So im wondering how do I change the hero/heroine trainer card sprites and their backsprites? on Emerald?

There is no backsprite for the hero/heroine in the trainer card, changing it is also the same as changing the Pokemon sprites. If you mean the backsprites of the hero/heroine, maybe you're saying the backsprites when battling, you can found it on the Documents and Tutorials section. Here's the link of the tutorial that I based on: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164281
Hope it helps.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Does anyone have a link to a good place to start learning scripting and hex?

Right here...
Seriously, we have a hundred tutorials here teaching you to script.
I recommend downloading XSE from the thread called "HackMew's ToolBox" In the toolbox forum.

Download it, then open it up, and press F2, BOOM, Great guide to start you off!

Cello

Tonight!
Years
How does one go about removing oak releasing a pokeball in the opening cutscene?
I imagine you use unLZ for the graphics, but how would I get rid of the pokemons cry?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
How does one go about removing oak releasing a pokeball in the opening cutscene?
I imagine you use unLZ for the graphics, but how would I get rid of the pokemons cry?
I thought about this before but never actualy searched for the script you need to find the scripts offset and edit it with a scripting program

Cello

Tonight!
Years
How do i index sprites with photoshop?

After you load your image in photoshop, go to Image -> Mode -> Indexed Color. Click "Ok" when prompted.

To view your pallette after indexing it simply go back to Image -> Mode, then select "Color Table."

You can also save your palette from there, which you'll need in order to load the sprite/tiles into your hack. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
okay ive been looking in the rom hacking rescources thread, and i found some good patches with heartgold and soulsilver tiles
but the patches dont include heartgold soulsilver style pokemon centers, and pokemarts.
ive searhced for the pokecenter tiles, but i can't find them, and ive seen them used in some hacks.

can any1 please provide the link if you know where the tiles are

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
okay ive been looking in the rom hacking rescources thread, and i found some good patches with heartgold and soulsilver tiles
but the patches dont include heartgold soulsilver style pokemon centers, and pokemarts.
ive searhced for the pokecenter tiles, but i can't find them, and ive seen them used in some hacks.

I don't have a link, but I'll look in a minute. In the meanwhile, while I search, you should look at some Tile Inserting Tutorials, since you could just find the image and import it in a few easy steps. Anyhow, I'll take a quick look now; I'm sure I've seen them somewhere.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Gah, sorry, another question.

Can you insert frames to sprite animations through overworld editor? I was hoping to make some of my gym leaders movable, and more than 1 of them.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

I have them in my hack you need to resize the dp tiles witch you can find on googel and change the platelets of pal2 the one with the pokemart uses

Armand

The Wild Eagle
Years
Help Needed

Hi there,

I'm a new member, i've found this website after a while of searching for a good Pokemon forum, and here it is :)

I'm interested in pokemon GBA and GB hacking, and i want to make reproductions of the original games with all Pokemon available.

for example, I've made a beginner hack for pokemon crystal, unlocking all 251 pokemon

but, on the GBA, in need the help of professionals

my request is,

Can anyone provide me with the pokemon location Hex Decimal codes?

I mean, I'm working on Hex work shop, and I want to unlock all pokemon ( in Fire Red for example) , so does anyone have the Hex codes for the pokemon locations?

and I need the locations for Fire red and Emerald

also, If anyone needs the pokemon locations of pokemon Crystal on GB, I can provide the locations from route 29 upto route 45

Thanks in Advance :)

Armand

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
I have had NTME from the start. Someone said Cyclone was easier. I guess I'll find out on my own how to use it. The second I opened NTME, I got discouraged. I've only just started hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back