Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Tutorial] Editing Fire Red's Intro Text Made Easy

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 28th, 2013 (04:20 AM). Edited November 28th, 2013 by ChaosBringer41.

My version of Advance Text doesn't have those little arrows/triangles next to the options. I've got what look like square windows by my options. I can't get that 'enter' option to come up.

I've tried to download Hex Workshop, but whatever computer/internet setup I use, the virus checker active blocks it! (This is both my netbook and public access computers at the local library) The hex editor that I use - I forget the whole name, but it starts with 'Trans' - is new to me, and I am not that great with it so far. i.e. I don't understand all of its functions.
Old November 28th, 2013 (04:41 AM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by ChaosBringer41:
My version of Advance Text doesn't have those little arrows/triangles next to the options. I've got what look like square windows by my options. I can't get that 'enter' option to come up.

I've tried to download Hex Workshop, but whatever computer/internet setup I use, the virus checker active blocks it! (This is both my netbook and public access computers at the local library) The hex editor that I use - I forget the whole name, but it starts with 'Trans' - is new to me, and I am not that great with it so far. i.e. I don't understand all of its functions.
Try using HxD, if your virus checker blocks it again. I suggest you deactivate it for a while.
Old January 31st, 2015 (02:57 AM).
What's going on everyone

Nature: Adamant
Advanced Text won't open FireRed for me. It won't even open a clean version of the ROM. However it does open LeafGreen. Does anyone know why this happens? And are there any alternatives to Advanced Text I can use? I need it because I can't access all of the scripts via AdvancedMap. Any help is appreciated.
Old January 31st, 2015 (11:16 PM).
Blaziken ftw

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Urritguyz:
Advanced Text won't open FireRed for me. It won't even open a clean version of the ROM. However it does open LeafGreen. Does anyone know why this happens? And are there any alternatives to Advanced Text I can use? I need it because I can't access all of the scripts via AdvancedMap. Any help is appreciated.
Maybe its an issue with the ini for BPRE?

Old February 1st, 2015 (10:16 AM).
What's going on everyone

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Percy:
Maybe its an issue with the ini for BPRE?
You were right. Thanks for the help!
Old March 24th, 2015 (04:40 PM).

Nature: Quirky
When I open my rom the center box stays blank. Any idea how to fix this?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links