• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+ the PokéCommunicators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have no computer of my own. My laptop died, and won't be able to get one for... A long time.

I would've participated in the Singing thing, but... Nope. :(

That's terrible; I'm really sorry about that. Perhaps you could try getting it fixed, if you haven't done it already? You still have your phone, though (right?), so you should still be able to take part in GT from there!

I'm really looking forward to the Pokémon Ranger film that they're going to be holding tomorrow in Movie Nights event (forgot what its exact name was). Don't believe I've ever seen it before, so I'll definitely enjoy it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My bf had to miss this year's GT as well due to being ill, which is pretty sad because I was going to bring him in. Well, there's always next year, though! As for myself, all I participated was the Anime Movie Night, Battling Tourney and Skype. There were good events, but I needed more than a week to complete those, mainly because I was busy with homework for my biopsych class.

Anyone else had fun ths year?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I had joined a couple of events in the GT this year but was too busy being a bad kid to actually participate in any of them except for the battle tournament and CAH but I didn't win much in either.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I took part in Skype event, but couldn't chat much as it would always crash my software, unfortunately. Would've been great if that weren't the case, since it gave us an extremely easy opportunity to meet and befriend others around PC. I was a host, so I'm going to have to give emblems to all that had participated alongside, but have to wait until tomorrow until these things are officially added. Might take a while, considering how big the list is!

Aside from that, I also created some Pokémon in Mega-Evolution Design contest, verbally.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^like i said I'd be willing to help out! xD

It was also the first time that there wasn't much of a need to add the hosts this year, just like the previous times I had hosted. The /geturi command is really useful and I look forward to be using that often if I host a PC skype chat like the Supporter one I'm in charge of. Goes to show how much technology has evolved. \o/

From personal experience, hosting the skype event can be stressful at times, especially when you're the only one. The first time I hosted it I had to stay up till 3 am-4 am because I didn't want to leave the chat behind. Plus, I barely knew anyone, so that was also an anxiety issue for me. D: But all in all, it becomes a fun thing at the end. You get to know people, and you eventually meet friends. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
^like i said I'd be willing to help out! xD

It was also the first time that there wasn't much of a need to add the hosts this year, just like the previous times I had hosted. The /geturi command is really useful and I look forward to be using that often if I host a PC skype chat like the Supporter one I'm in charge of. Goes to show how much technology has evolved. \o/

From personal experience, hosting the skype event can be stressful at times, especially when you're the only one. The first time I hosted it I had to stay up till 3 am-4 am because I didn't want to leave the chat behind. Plus, I barely knew anyone, so that was also an anxiety issue for me. D: But all in all, it becomes a fun thing at the end. You get to know people, and you eventually meet friends. :)

Thanks again, Megan--I really appreciate that. n_n

The /geturi command had always existed, I think, but have learned about it only recently once Jake told me. I'm honestly glad that it's a thing, as it makes life a whole lot easy. You don't have to manually add people anymore; just link, have them click, and they'll be added in no time. In some cases, this might not work for everybody, but that's not such a huge deal; all they'd have to do is update their Skype, I believe, and they should be all set.

Yeah, hosting alone could be a bit of hassle, especially since when things go wild once you're about to leave (haven't had any of it happen to me, personally, so thank god). This is one of our reasons why, I think, we usually have more than just one.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Hello guys 8)
Username: Altairis
Reason for Joining the Club: I love this community and the people here. I've made so many good friends here and I'm really glad I joined!
Who's PC's Site Admin?: Rukario
To answer the time travel prompt, I would go back to 2012, when I first joined PC. Although it would be pretty fun to experience older PC, I think any farther back I would be too young and I would have made a fool of myself somewhere, haha. Plus, I wasn't very active in the first two years I was a member here, so that's the only thing I would really like to fix about my time here on PC.

Also, I think group Skype chats are really fun. I haven't hosted one or been in one with more than 10 people but being with a bunch of people in a more casual setting is usually pretty fun.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^from what I remember, you were more active when PC had Pokemon Online, right? Waaaay before PC integrated Showdown as their battle client. Welcome, though! It is lovely to see you here.

I still wish I joined PC before 2010. Must have been pretty rockin' awesome back then. With awesome sections, the staff that used to mod these sections, and everything else. It'd be cool to get to know the members during that time as well. But, now that I look at it, when people say "oh i wish I joined before 2012 or so" I can easily tell these peeps that 2010-2011 were the two greatest years on PC...by personal experience of course.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
^from what I remember, you were more active when PC had Pokemon Online, right? Waaaay before PC integrated Showdown as their battle client. Welcome, though! It is lovely to see you here.

I still wish I joined PC before 2010. Must have been pretty rockin' awesome back then. With awesome sections, the staff that used to mod these sections, and everything else. It'd be cool to get to know the members during that time as well. But, now that I look at it, when people say "oh i wish I joined before 2012 or so" I can easily tell these peeps that 2010-2011 were the two greatest years on PC...by personal experience of course.
They were cool years but honestly, we're only getting better and better! So don't worry, keep smiling and feel proud of our community :33

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to PC club, Whitney! Glad that you're here. Yeah, I'd probably do the same, Megan; going back to a time before 2010 would be pretty sweet. PC was still same back then, in some ways, but would've loved to interact with all those people that were active back then. Unfortunately, few of them are no longer with us at all, which really saddens me.

Years
Yeah, I'd probably do the same, Megan; going back to a time before 2010 would be pretty sweet. PC was still same back then, in some ways, but would've loved to interact with all those people that were active back then. Unfortunately, few of them are no longer with us at all, which really saddens me.

I remember how nooby I was back when I joined in 2011, but it seems like that side of me has all but disappeared. I would have loved to go back in time and join before 2011 and see how different PC looked back then. Maybe also get to see who were the major stars of the forum back then, and yeah I'm pretty sad that some of those guys left but then again we have some who came back lately so yeah not all that bad.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Nah, I rarely posted on the forums at all, although my activity on the server remained the same. Wow I sound like an oldie, having been on PC's PO server, but in reality I wasn't there for that long before it was changed. I still like the PO client so much better than PS.

Welcome to PC club, Whitney! Glad that you're here. Yeah, I'd probably do the same, Megan; going back to a time before 2010 would be pretty sweet. PC was still same back then, in some ways, but would've loved to interact with all those people that were active back then. Unfortunately, few of them are no longer with us at all, which really saddens me.

I would like to go back to those times, if I could remain the same age as I am now, because I was pretty young and immature back in '10, even if that was only 4 years ago, haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Here's a topic that could allow us to go back to the first days of our PC lives: Who was your very first friend on PC? (the first person you interacted with when you recently joined; if you don't remember, then you can simply list the first person you became close friends with).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Nica, or Forever for those who are lurking and don't know her! She was the first friend I made who came from PC. I remember there was a tournament going on where you had to battle as many people as possible, and I thought that chatting in real-time would help me get to know new people pretty quickly, and I was right! I joined the battle server and the first thing I messaged her was something like "HEY you're Requility on the forums right?!?! Fight me for PC tour!!"

Years
Username: Roaming Murkrow
Reason for Joining the Club: Why not? If i'm not gonna talk about the site, there is no reason to visit it 24/7 haha.
Who's PC's Site Admin?: Rukario

My first close friend on the site was Mydrago. He just randomly popped up and said "Hey do you want to be a Pokemon Essentials buddy?". Now we talk every day, and although he sends me too many screenshots through skype, he is a cool guy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Pokeyomom and Azure Rathalos were the first two I interacted when I joined PC. Both of them wanted a new friend, so I became their new friend. Azure Rathalos and I are still friends, while Pokeyomom disappeared a year ago. Sad. Then I became friends with Zorua later on!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome, Murkrow! As for who interaction, few people I were able to talk with when I initially signed-up here were Forever, Toujours, and Saori, all of whom left some VM commenting on my profile design (it had some chocolate-brown color scheme, if I remember correctly, and they seem to have liked it). Later, it was Abnegation, Pedro, and few other people that I can't remember the name of, sadly.

As far as friends go, two of my first are Zorua and Sheep; known them from another forum. Later, I left PC, and when I got back, I've had the chance to meet Dragon, Lance, Cadance, Nathan, Castform, Adventure, and many, many others.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
My first friends here on PC was Major Ziggs aka Ozzy, and Avishka :)

I loved talking to them and it was a blast. I remember when I was still a regular at PoC lol xD

After that, I became friends with Hika, Mid, and Hannah, and after that, I discovered the Battle Server and became friends with almost everyone there. I knew Ashley, Shawn, Sonic, Steph, Slate, Jelli, Sophie, Matt, Megan, Zeffy, Wolf, Nica, Hayley, and Srinub :)

Years
Who was your very first friend on PC?

The first person I developed a close bond with was kuzronk, I knew him because we first interacted at Serebii and he's a funny lil' guy despite being the same age as the pest that is my brother.

But for members I first met at PC itself, it has to be the two amazing boys who are my sole surviving pairs right now, AWsquared and Starry Windy. I posted in the former's welcome thread when he was new to PC, and since then it's been revealed we shared similar taste in music and well you can say I bonded so well with him it led to him pairing up with me and we hope to stay connected even if we haven't interacted much lately.

Windy on the other hand, we sorta had this aura between us that I never knew about, but I know he looked up to me a lot as a member and once our pairing was sealed last September I know we have a long-lasting friendship in our sights. He also has feelings towards me because he knows the issues I've been suffering and that's what I like about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back