• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Pokemon game would gain MORE benefit from random events XD
It add more fun factor to the game, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What kind of random events do you have in mind? And how do you think they could benefit the game? Like, more money from random events or...?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Events? Hm... I'm thinking about certain events like doing tasks for people in other towns, like at times you'd have to backtrack to previous towns and such, like it was in some Pokémon games like Black Version 2 and White Version 2. But probably also to retrieve certain items and such stuff like that.

As for the storyline, I'm thinking that it could end up being somewhat like in the first Black and White, where the final battle is against the leader of the evil team, first you have to save Xerneas or Yveltal depending on which version you're playing before battling the leader of the evil team.

But other than events, I'm constantly listening to an orchestrated version of the gym leader's last Pokémon theme from Black and White. Which is exactly which I'm thinking about how it's going to sound like in X and Y.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Couldn't they be interpreted as rip-offs of Pachirisu and Emolga?
Emolga is a rip-off of Pachirisu, as Pachirisu is a rip-off of Minun and Plusle, who are both rip-offs of Pichu who is just the tiny version of a Pikachu. It's a very long tradition of rip-offs really.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Eh... I don't know. I really don't believe in pokemon having clones or rip offs of one another.

I mean, even Plusle/Minun are justifiable. I feel like GameFreak wanted to ride the Pikachu wave and they decided to put in more Pokemon that are similar to Pikachu - being electric and cute - but it doesn't tend to work out very well. There's Emolga, Marill, and Pachirisu, for example. Most of their designs tend to be unique, though I suppose their downside is that they don't even evolve with the exception of Marill. Almost all designs are unique in their own way, and the resemblances shouldn't be an issue. I suppose the exceptions are the 'paired' Pokemon, like Nidoking and Nidoqueen, or the Lati@s pair, but I find that they make sense since their designs are built on each other.

In any case, an electric hamster would be kind of cool~~ Though I'd like to see more of a electric salamander. (Gah I've been too obsessed with Salamanders lately, I apologize)

blue

gucci
Years
Ohh, I see. I'd actually like to see a similar rodent but with a different typing, maybe Normal/Ice.. just so it's not the generic Electric Rodent.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I hope they introduce a new cloud-based PC. You can store a Pokémon in the cloud and withdraw in any future Pokémon game and vice versa.

Wobbu

Years
What? Can you explain this a bit better? This made little sense to me at all.

Think of it like the Dream World. You upload one of your Pokémon online and can interact with it at the Dream World on your physical computer. But instead of the Dream World, it would be a digital PC for storing Pokémon, like the ones in the Pokémon Centers. For example, if the cloud based PC existed during Red and Blue, we could upload our Pokémon from Red and Blue into the PC, and withdraw them in Black 2 or White 2, or any other main series game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Think of it like the Dream World. You upload one of your Pokémon online and can interact with it at the Dream World on your physical computer. But instead of the Dream World, it would be a digital PC for storing Pokémon, like the ones in the Pokémon Centers. For example, if the cloud based PC existed during Red and Blue, we could upload our Pokémon from Red and Blue into the PC, and withdraw them in Black 2 or White 2, or any other main series game.

Oh I see what you are saying now...though I think TPC is against that. You used to be able to do this on Stadium and Stadium 2, which became the easiest way to Solo Trade Pokemon from one game to another. This was removed with PokeRanch Wii and PBR as Pokemon put onto them cannot be recalled through a different game. So if you sent everything to PokeRanch Wii and reset your game, you now have Pokemon that cannot be used anymore stuck on the Wii Game. TPC did those two that way on purpose to prevent Solo Trades.

As far as I'm aware, they won't do that with Transfers either. It'll be stuck at 6 at a time and 1 at a time trades between two cartridged games through use of whatever Nintendo Handheld is currently in circulation.

Wobbu

Years
Hopefully the new Generation will, at least, allow trading multiple Pokémon at the same time. Or even sending a Pokémon from one game to another, without having to trade. That way I wouldn't have to catch hundreds of Patrat, Purloin, etc. for trading.

Years
I do agree the trading system should be revamped to allow multiple Pokemon traded at once. I hate having to catch so many random wild Pokemon I don't need just to trade for something I have on another game, and it's so tedious having to go back to the PC every now and then.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think it might be a great idea to give your Pokemon as a gift instead of just trading, so anybody who don't have any Pokemon to trade could get the Pokemon they want without needing to catch any random Pokemon (except when they want to give their own version-exclusive Pokemon). Also multiple trading system might be cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back