• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poetry] The Reaper's Identity

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
The Reaper says stay
Will you stay?
Or will you fade?

The Reaper promises fame,
Will you stay?
Or will you fade?

The Reaper promises another day,
Will you stay?
Or will you fade?

The Reaper promises fortune,
Will you stay?
Or will you fade?

The Reaper demands you to stay,
Will you stay?

The Reaper promises all these things,
But can he keep them?

The Reaper knows who you are,
But does he really know you at all?

The Reaper is the one,
But who are you?

The Reaper knows where you are,
But how can that be?

The Reaper has your life planned out for you,
But you have free will.

The Reaper knows what you say,
But does he really hear you?

The Reaper knows all,
But he doesn't know you.

The Reaper says to stay,
Will you stay?

The Reaper promises a safe return,
But where will he take you?

The Reaper throws you away,
Will turn around, and walk the other way?

The Reaper feels your heart,
As he doesn't have his own.

The Reaper knows you,
But you don't you.

You have an identity,
But do you even know it?

You have all these things,
But you require others to use it?

You are your own person,
But you require others permission to be you?

The Reaper created you,
But what did he create?
Do you know?
Will you know?

The Reaper promises and identity,
Will you take it?
What are you taking?

The Reaper and his chains,
Pull you to,
But will you run?

The Reaper and his jars,
Take your pain,
Take your soul,
Take all that you are,
and throw it away.

The Reaper is his own,
But he owns you.
So are you you?
Or are you him?

The Reaper says to stay,
Will you stay?
Or will you fade?

Definitely not my best work, but this is just something that's been on my mind. I kinda wrote this in like 10 minutes, so it's sort of rushed. I've been working on a great poem. I meaningful one. A creepy one (Again, I know.)

I know it's a bit confusing, but I hope you can look deep enough into it to find the real meaning. If there even is one, I honestly have no idea. I just kinda wrote words that were in my head, and this was made.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Hey, a new topic in the fanfiction forum! Maybe I can reach my review quota!

I'm trying to figure out the meaning of this poem. You say you didn't take all that long to write it and aren't sure of the meaning yourself, but you do say its a creepy poem. Oddly enough, I didn't get that vibe at all. It seemed more introspective to me. Then again, I've always been a fan of the Grim Reaper.

There are a bunch of questions that seem to be oxymorons in this poem. I understand most of them, but there seems to be the recurring theme of death being a final thing. It's true that in a way it is, but death is also a process that keeps life going for everybody else. Also, if you are personifying Death, my own opinion has always been that death is sort of like gravity. Just a force, not really deciding things for you personally. If you take that into account some of the poem makes sense.

Anyway, uh, aside from me just blathering on about this, I had some questions.

You are your own person,
But you require others permission to be you?
Why is this a question?

The Reaper and his jars,
What do you mean by jars? If you're referring to a place for souls to stay, there are other, more common symbols to use.

The Reaper and his chains,
Pull you to,
But will you run?
Pull you to where?

I don't know if this will be useful for future poems, but Death is often associated with (aside from the obvious):

clocks,
butterflies,
ravens,
candles,
and flowers.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Hey, a new topic in the fanfiction forum! Maybe I can reach my review quota!

I'm trying to figure out the meaning of this poem. You say you didn't take all that long to write it and aren't sure of the meaning yourself, but you do say its a creepy poem. Oddly enough, I didn't get that vibe at all. It seemed more introspective to me. Then again, I've always been a fan of the Grim Reaper.

There are a bunch of questions that seem to be oxymorons in this poem. I understand most of them, but there seems to be the recurring theme of death being a final thing. It's true that in a way it is, but death is also a process that keeps life going for everybody else. Also, if you are personifying Death, my own opinion has always been that death is sort of like gravity. Just a force, not really deciding things for you personally. If you take that into account some of the poem makes sense.

Anyway, uh, aside from me just blathering on about this, I had some questions.

Why is this a question?

What do you mean by jars? If you're referring to a place for souls to stay, there are other, more common symbols to use.

Pull you to where?

I don't know if this will be useful for future poems, but Death is often associated with (aside from the obvious):

clocks,
butterflies,
ravens,
candles,
and flowers.

Well in some of those, I can explain what I meant, but like I said, I just rushed it. I had some things on my mind, and I wrote them down. Pretty ****** poem in the end. idek.

Pull you to where?
Pull you to. Like when you pull a door to, but don't close it. He just kinda pulls you towards him.

Well, this is a little bit like this (Ok a lot like this. Ok it is this.): I've always pictured death, the reaper, etc. etc., things like that as a warden of a jail, who uses chains to pull dead souls to him, and then locks them away in glass jars, like we do to flies and other insects. Sort of like saying that he controls us, the way we control insects. Once he sets his eyes on us, we can't escape.

Why is this a question?
Well, it's sort of like answering a question with a statement, but saying in a questioning way. It's kinda like when someone says something to you that evokes the response "But I don't?" out of you. It's questioning that you require the permission of others, to do your own thing.

Again, rushed it. Didn't know what I was doing, and honestly, I was way too tired to really be thinking.

Back