• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ Chaos Control! :: Sonic the Hedgehog Club

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is looking to be an excellent title after the big blowoff that was Generations. It's about time that other SEGA franchises gets the limelight, like FREAKING SKIES OF ARCADIA AND GOLDEN AXE FINALLY....

....But, what about the Sonic characters, tracks and the like? Who you think will appear (besides Sonic himself of course). What locales from the series would be good fits?

Hopefully not another Seaside Hill copy....:P

And on the Summer of Sonic side....guess who coming back to rock out with the Sonic fans of the world, in addition to Sonic Boom? ;) That's right; Crush 40 returns after a successful performance at SoS 2010! So are you ready to rock with Jun and Johnny once more? :D

Oh yeah...THANKS FOR MAKING ME CO-OWNER!!! :D

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
Username: Kyogia
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic, Chao

Oh, look! It's the seven emeralds!

I hope I can join. Just in case, though;

If SEGA made a Sonic game just for you, what would you want it to be like (your ideal game)?

They've already made it. Sonic Generations. I have both the PS3 and the 3DS versions.

My ideal game would be another RPG. Although I haven't played Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood yet, I still would like another RPG. RPGs are amazing and I love them; maybe they can make one for the 3DS? :D

If not that... a good "sequel" to the Sonic Adventure series? Sonic 2006 was like a 3rd Sonic Adventure, but it was terrible! Sonic Unleashed was also originally going to be like Sonic Adventure 3, but it became too different and the Werehog feature brought it all down. How can you wreck such a good franchise like that?

Last edited:

Sonicfan9988

Sonic, Hilda & Rosa! ♥
Years
What is your favorite Sonic game?

My main favorite Sonic game is Sonic 2 because in addition to it being the first Sonic game that i've ever played, it is the main one that I play over and over again. In addition, my other fave Sonic games are Sonic Adventure DX (Gamecube), Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations 3DS.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is looking to be an excellent title after the big blowoff that was Generations. It's about time that other SEGA franchises gets the limelight, like FREAKING SKIES OF ARCADIA AND GOLDEN AXE FINALLY....
D: I haven't played those series. Sega revealed its E3 line-up, though. I am somewhat familiar with Super Monkey Ball, haha.

....But, what about the Sonic characters, tracks and the like? Who you think will appear (besides Sonic himself of course). What locales from the series would be good fits?
I'm not really big on the All-Stars boat. I bought it for my dad's iPod Touch. It's alright, but idk, it didn't include all the characters and tracks. XD;

It had Seaside and like, Egg Fleet from Heroes. I dunno, Sega should re-imagine a classic level and use it as a track. ;P

My main favorite Sonic game is Sonic 2 because in addition to it being the first Sonic game that i've ever played, it is the main one that I play over and over again. In addition, my other fave Sonic games are Sonic Adventure DX (Gamecube), Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations 3DS.
Speaking of Sonic Adventure 2... XBLA is adding SA2 avatars on June 5th! Rumor s also say that SA2 will be available for download sometime soon.

Welcome to the club Kyogia! Activity is a little scarce (in this section in general, lol), but summer (and the big June 23rd!) is right around the corner. :)

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Hello there; hope you all are doing well. :)

As you all and I know, Sonic's 21st Birthday is June 23rd. Well, I have been helping with a Sonic Music site with a special celebration. It is called the Sonic Remix Fan Music Festival. Details can be found here: http://www.radiosega.net/news/featur...usic-festival/ .

So why not head in there and check out the scoop on the festivities there? All Sonic fans are welcome to listen and chat with us!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
JOINING! :D

Username: Artificial-Insanity
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Tails, Sonic, Chao, Sonic the Werehog

======

What is your favorite Sonic video game?
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, HANDS DOWN.
It was my first Sonic game, and it's the one I still play addictivly to this very day. I still remember my first romp through City Escape... MY GOD THE GUN TRUCK!

Are you looking forward to any upcoming Sonic video games?
The only Upcoming Title is Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing Transformed, so... not particuarly. Will I buy it anyways? YES.

How has the Sonic series influenced your life?
The reason I got my Gamecube, the reason I got my DS, the reason I met my friends, the reason said friends got me into Pokemon. (not that I wasn't already into it, but.. they pestered me until I got Pearl!)
And right now, the only thing keeping me from going insane.

What's your favourite Sonic song?
First songs to come to mind are Dreams of an Absolution, Live and Learn, Reach for the Stars, Dear My Friend, and Believe in Myself.
In fact, I even sung DoaA, L&L, and RftS at a karaoke night once... RftS at least two or 3 times actually...
Non-lyrical songs I like are the tunes to Mission Street, Twinkle Park, Aquarium Park (DS Version) and all of the ones from the Rush series. (Back 2 back, it's spinning on it's back, back 2 back, goin back 2 back, drop a wheat wheat taco onto mah face! -LMAO-)

What is your favourite stage from any Sonic Game?
City Escape!
SA2b version since I have yet to play the Generations version.
Others I like are Emerald Hill, Hilltop Zone, Green Forest, Green Hill Zone, Radical Highway, Mazuri, Chemical Plant, Mystic Mansion, Frog Forest, Bingo Highway, Aquarium Park (DS Version), and Terminal Velocity (DS Version)

What is the highest score you have ever obtained?
I don't remember off the top of my head... and it would be different for every game.

What Sonic Games have you not played, but would like too?
SegaSonic The Hedgehog-
Ya know, that arcade game? Seems fun.
Also the ORIGIONAL Sonic Adventure 2, and the Wii Version of Sonic Colours.

Do you own any Sonic merchandise?
Yes I do.
I sleep in a mountain of plushies that includes several Sonic and Tails plushies and a Knuckles (dubbed "Guardia" and is a girl XD), Shadow (called Streak and he is Shadow's son), Cream, and Amy as well :D
I am greeted by my Sonic poster, ever morning, and as I am always in front of my computer, I sit next to my shelf adorned with various Sonic goodies, playing a Sonic game 90% of the time, whilst drinking out of my Sonic Mug, while wrapped up in my Sonic Snuggie :D

Are you going to purchase the re-release of Sonic CD?
Already did. Working through Metallic Madness!

Who here ever played 2006?
NO! Well, actually, I might have once a long time ago, but I don't remember. =/
As I Sonic fan, I consider it to be a must-have experience, even just once.
And yes, I'm sure the reviews are true. However, I do think there are some redeeming qualities of the game: The music is AWESOME! and Mephiles is a crazy-awesome villain... I still have yet to think of a 3rd good trait.

The 3D Sonic games (Adventure, Heroes, etc.) have always had a bad rep. What is YOUR personal opinion of them?
What? Bad Rap? I thought they where all fine, except 3D blast which was eh.
Then again, I joined during the 3D era, so... =/

Which Sonic game do you think has the most fun special stages?
Sonic Heroes and Sonic Generations (3DS)

Which of the spinoff-type (non-platformer game featuring Sonic or his buddies as a main character) Sonic games is your favorite?
Non-Platformer, eh? Sonic Spinball I guess.

If you could live at any of the zones or places, where would you live and why?
Er.... that's a tough one.
I suppose I would live in Green Hill Zone cuz it's pretty.

Who do you think should be the Sonic series' ideal PCs? Or is Sonic the only good one?
Sonic- usual fare
Sonic the Werehog- same as Unleashed
Tails- Platforming + Flying
Knuckles- Similar to the Melee-style fighting thing Werehoggy has going, but with more open areas to allow stuff like Gliding.
Eggman- Shooting, like in SA2
Shadow- Sonic+Shooting (... so.... basically what he had in his own game, but not as terrible?)
Metal Sonic- I dunno, like, and unlockable Sonic skin? (only time I played as him is SA2b's multiplayer)

If SEGA made a Sonic game just for you, what would you want it to be like (your ideal game)?
SA2:B + Unleashed. CHAO GARDEN IS A MUST.
So.. yeah.. Action/Adventure Platformer with RPG Elements, OPTIONAL alternate gameplay styles, and a Chao Garden (and like Chronicles, you can equip the Chao that you raise :D)

Falling Wishes

"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."
Years
Username: Falling Wishes
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Miles Tail Prower

--
What is your favorite Sonic video game? - My favorite Sonic game would have to be Sonic Unleashed. I loved playing that game. 8)
Are you looking forward to any upcoming Sonic video games? Sonic Generations!
How has the Sonic series influenced your life? It influenced my life because I thought I could be a hero just like sonic and tails, I use to run around the house or play with toys I had and make a big scene, pretend like I was catching someone when they were falling to their doom, or like shutting down a bomb, I had a big imagination I could be just like sonic or tails!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
How has the Sonic series influenced your life? It influenced my life because I thought I could be a hero just like sonic and tails, I use to run around the house or play with toys I had and make a big scene, pretend like I was catching someone when they were falling to their doom, or like shutting down a bomb, I had a big imagination I could be just like sonic or tails!

That sounds like a lot of fun! :D

Me, I play with my plushies... my big Sonic Plushie, who I nicknamed Sonicbear, is evil and jealous of all the attention Sonic Alpha (the smaller Sonic plushie I have) gets and thus he wants to kill him... and his look-alike, Sonika (female Sonic plushie, Sonic Alpha's best friend)

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
AHAQ Welcome Artificial-Insanity and Falling Wishes! As Co-Owner, I wish the both of you to have fun in this club and to enjoy the Way Past Cool ride! ;)

Username: Artificial-Insanity
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Tails, Sonic, Chao, Sonic the Werehog

What is your favorite Sonic video game?
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, HANDS DOWN.
It was my first Sonic game, and it's the one I still play addictivly to this very day. I still remember my first romp through City Escape... MY GOD THE GUN TRUCK!

SA2! Good choice! Yes, that game was indeed amazing and to me can still hold its own still to this day.

How has the Sonic series influenced your life?
The reason I got my Gamecube, the reason I got my DS, the reason I met my friends, the reason said friends got me into Pokemon. (not that I wasn't already into it, but.. they pestered me until I got Pearl!)
And right now, the only thing keeping me from going insane.

I see! XD

What's your favourite Sonic song?
First songs to come to mind are Dreams of an Absolution, Live and Learn, Reach for the Stars, Dear My Friend, and Believe in Myself.
In fact, I even sung DoaA, L&L, and RftS at a karaoke night once... RftS at least two or 3 times actually...
Non-lyrical songs I like are the tunes to Mission Street, Twinkle Park, Aquarium Park (DS Version) and all of the ones from the Rush series. (Back 2 back, it's spinning on it's back, back 2 back, goin back 2 back, drop a wheat wheat taco onto mah face! -LMAO-)

Way Past Cool choices! And Live and Learn is a definite fav of mine. ;)

What is your favourite stage from any Sonic Game?
City Escape!
SA2b version since I have yet to play the Generations version.
Others I like are Emerald Hill, Hilltop Zone, Green Forest, Green Hill Zone, Radical Highway, Mazuri, Chemical Plant, Mystic Mansion, Frog Forest, Bingo Highway, Aquarium Park (DS Version), and Terminal Velocity (DS Version)

Just wait until you meet the GUN Truck in Generations.....buzzsaws and flight included! XD

What Sonic Games have you not played, but would like too?
SegaSonic The Hedgehog-
Ya know, that arcade game? Seems fun.
Also the ORIGIONAL Sonic Adventure 2, and the Wii Version of Sonic Colours.

SegaSonic the Hedgehog is a rare one to play....I however have played it. XD In fact, I have it on my laptop! :D

Do you own any Sonic merchandise?
Yes I do.
I sleep in a mountain of plushies that includes several Sonic and Tails plushies and a Knuckles (dubbed "Guardia" and is a girl XD), Shadow (called Streak and he is Shadow's son), Cream, and Amy as well :D
I am greeted by my Sonic poster, ever morning, and as I am always in front of my computer, I sit next to my shelf adorned with various Sonic goodies, playing a Sonic game 90% of the time, whilst drinking out of my Sonic Mug, while wrapped up in my Sonic Snuggie :D

Now that's some merch you got! :D

Are you going to purchase the re-release of Sonic CD?
Already did. Working through Metallic Madness!

Nice! Which soundtrack you prefer playing the game through?

Who here ever played 2006?
NO! Well, actually, I might have once a long time ago, but I don't remember. =/
As I Sonic fan, I consider it to be a must-have experience, even just once.
And yes, I'm sure the reviews are true. However, I do think there are some redeeming qualities of the game: The music is AWESOME! and Mephiles is a crazy-awesome villain... I still have yet to think of a 3rd good trait.

Yes...2006 is, more-or-less, the big turning point for the franchise. but at the same time it made Sonic Team open their eyes and see the bad in the games at that point.

The 3D Sonic games (Adventure, Heroes, etc.) have always had a bad rep. What is YOUR personal opinion of them?
What? Bad Rap? I thought they where all fine, except 3D blast which was eh.
Then again, I joined during the 3D era, so... =/

Same here. XD

Who do you think should be the Sonic series' ideal PCs? Or is Sonic the only good one?
Sonic- usual fare
Sonic the Werehog- same as Unleashed
Tails- Platforming + Flying
Knuckles- Similar to the Melee-style fighting thing Werehoggy has going, but with more open areas to allow stuff like Gliding.
Eggman- Shooting, like in SA2
Shadow- Sonic+Shooting (... so.... basically what he had in his own game, but not as terrible?)
Metal Sonic- I dunno, like, and unlockable Sonic skin? (only time I played as him is SA2b's multiplayer)

Fair enough. ;)

SA2:B + Unleashed. CHAO GARDEN IS A MUST.
So.. yeah.. Action/Adventure Platformer with RPG Elements, OPTIONAL alternate gameplay styles, and a Chao Garden (and like Chronicles, you can equip the Chao that you raise :D)

Awesome concept!

Username: Falling Wishes
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Miles Tail Prower

--
What is your favorite Sonic video game? - My favorite Sonic game would have to be Sonic Unleashed. I loved playing that game. 8)

Funny, as I'm listening to Super Sonic vs. Perfect Dark Gaia right now while reading this! XD And awesome fav game you have! I miss my copy of Unleashed....
Are you looking forward to any upcoming Sonic video games? Sonic Generations!

You will not be disappointed then! ^ ^

I grew up with the feeling I can change the world like Sonic does. I still hold dear to that feeling, so I totally get where you are coming from. ;)

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
the past week or so I've been playing a LOT more Sonic Unleashed... until about a week ago I could NOT get past the first Tornado Defense act... I have NO idea how I'll fare in Act 2 later on!

I've been finding Unleashed to be a lot more fun than Generations... yeah, sure, a few times, Unleashed is confusing, and yes, it's a pain to have to travel back and forth between Spagonia and the other places but it's still fun going back, collecting the Medals, leveling up, and of course, THE WEREHOG!

I don't understand what some people have against the Werehog. =/
I think he's FUN! And cute in a way too. I LOVE the howl and chest-bumping bit at the end of missions. x3 And his attacks also look really silly sometimes. I mean, look at the theme song trailer. lol. My favorite Werehoggy thing is grabbing enemies and throwing them at other enemies.

Oh, and I'll repost my pic from the Plushie Owners Club topic:

p6180019.jpg

MY WEREHOGGY PLUSHIE! <333
I LOVES him to BITS AND PIECES!

I usually keep him in his plastic bag and only take him out for a few minutes every few days... I don't wanna get him dirty after getting Mom to pay like 30 or 40 bucks for him! =O

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
That Werehog plushie is sooooo adorable! You're very lucky to have one of those!

As for Unleashed and its gameplay, I find it.....how can I say this....more wholesome than Generations. Yes, I enjoy Generations very much, it it lacks what Unleashed had in terms of an story and real care to taking that much production value into it. I mean, from seeing the opening video already got my pumped for the game, and that is what Generations lacked; substance to back up the experience.

Unleashed had two years since 2006 to create, and the production of that game hearkened back to the inspirational process days from SA1. I would love to play a Sonic game along the likes of Unleashed again.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I think what might have done Generations is basically the same thing that happenned to 06... the push to release the game by the end of the year.

Not that Generations was bad... but it's bland compared to Unleashed and even Colours DS... =/

EDIT: Speaking of anniversaries... Sonic's 21st Anniversary is this Saturday, the 23rd! What, if anything, are you going to do?
Me? I'll probably have a friend over and make some stupid video involving our plushies. and cake.

Last edited:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
OH MAN EPISODE 2 WAS SO GREAT.

I got Wonderful completely fixed physics. Srsly, rolling was totally not the only thing fixed here. And oh man, that level design, its just wonderful! All the levels are littered with unavoidable diagonal springs, unneeded speed boosters, and homing attack badnik chains as opposed to actual platforming! GENIUS I TELL YA, GEEEEEEEENIUS!!! And that music was just awesome. Jun Senoue just did a FANTASTIC JOB. Instead of doing it the way he's best at (Real freaking instruments) , he limits himself to horrible sounding noises that sound nothing like what he's striving for! ITS JUST GREAT. Also, good thinking for remixing a 12 second theme for boss music.

So overall Sonic 4 episode 2 is a great ga-OH GOD ITS HORRIBLE. KILL MEEE, KILLL MEEEE.

whhat a great game to celebrate 21 years of sonic. and only 6 of them good

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I think what might have done Generations is basically the same thing that happenned to 06... the push to release the game by the end of the year.

Not that Generations was bad... but it's bland compared to Unleashed and even Colours DS... =/

EDIT: Speaking of anniversaries... Sonic's 21st Anniversary is this Saturday, the 23rd! What, if anything, are you going to do?
Me? I'll probably have a friend over and make some stupid video involving our plushies. and cake.

I'm going to play some Sonic games and listen to the Sonic Fan Remix Festival hosted by Sonic Radio. XD

OH MAN EPISODE 2 WAS SO GREAT.

I got Wonderful completely fixed physics. Srsly, rolling was totally not the only thing fixed here. And oh man, that level design, its just wonderful! All the levels are littered with unavoidable diagonal springs, unneeded speed boosters, and homing attack badnik chains as opposed to actual platforming! GENIUS I TELL YA, GEEEEEEEENIUS!!! And that music was just awesome. Jun Senoue just did a FANTASTIC JOB. Instead of doing it the way he's best at (Real freaking instruments) , he limits himself to horrible sounding noises that sound nothing like what he's striving for! ITS JUST GREAT. Also, good thinking for remixing a 12 second theme for boss music.

So overall Sonic 4 episode 2 is a great ga-OH GOD ITS HORRIBLE. KILL MEEE, KILLL MEEEE.

whhat a great game to celebrate 21 years of sonic. and only 6 of them good

LOL.......For a secong I thought you were talking about Episode 1, because I seriously thought so.

One, physics are a helluva lot better than Episode 1's. By no means on the level of the Genesis/Mega Drive, but it shows that they ACTUALLY took criticisms on that. (Still no excuse as to why super Sonic still has Episode 1's physics)

Two, the music is way better than Episode 1. No doubt about it. Generally there's a more positive reception of the music in this game than the previous one.

Three, level design......I agree to an extent.

And let's see....those six games has to be Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, SA1 SA2 and...Generations? Just checkin. ;)

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
The only thing that was fixed was rolling. BUT THATS IT.
They have no excuse to mess it up, AGAIN. I've seen Fangames that have better physics than this. Like Sonic Fan remix, Sonic Time twisted. SERIOUSLY SEGA. Do the fans have to go over to Dimps and instruct them on how to program correct physics?

Sure, episode 2's soundtrack was eons better, mainly because it didn't sound like cats getting castrated. Didn't notice at first. But now I hear it and its slowly grinding away at my intelligence as we speak. Only track I really found memorable was the Metal Sonic music (Not that crap remix of Stardust Speedway). But Jun should use ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS. I appreciate his effort to emulate the epic tunes of Ice Cap and Chemical Plant, but it just isn't working!

I also hated how they shoved the new "Tag team attack" thing up my butt. STOP FORCING ME TO USE GIMMICKS. THE WISPS IN COLOURS WORKED BECAUSE THEY WERE OPTIONAL.

Also, you are mostly correct. Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles (S3&K is one complete game get over it), SA2, Colours, and Generations. Almost everything about SA1 sucked to me. Story, Voice acting, gameplay, glitches, graphics, EVERYTHING). Everyone but Sonic SUCKED. 20 years, and only 6 good main series games. Most of the spinoffs suck though.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
The only thing that was fixed was rolling. BUT THATS IT.
They have no excuse to mess it up, AGAIN. I've seen Fangames that have better physics than this. Like Sonic Fan remix, Sonic Time twisted. SERIOUSLY SEGA. Do the fans have to go over to Dimps and instruct them on how to program correct physics?

I saw more more in improvement than just rolling. Sonic (and Tails) now have momentum when jumping instead of falling like rocks when the d-pad/joystick is let go.

And I agree, why let Dimps have another go? If Sonic CD 2011 is anything to go by.

There's some mentality that the fans are better at everything Sonic Team dishes out in a Sonic game though, and that's simply not true.

Sure, episode 2's soundtrack was eons better, mainly because it didn't sound like cats getting castrated. Didn't notice at first. But now I hear it and its slowly grinding away at my intelligence as we speak. Only track I really found memorable was the Metal Sonic music (Not that crap remix of Stardust Speedway). But Jun should use ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS. I appreciate his effort to emulate the epic tunes of Ice Cap and Chemical Plant, but it just isn't working!

Imo....I would have loved to have Cash Cash take a crack the soundtrack. But they wanted some consistency in the music. And it isn't that grating.

I also hated how they shoved the new "Tag team attack" thing up my butt. STOP FORCING ME TO USE GIMMICKS. THE WISPS IN COLOURS WORKED BECAUSE THEY WERE OPTIONAL.

Can't argue with that. They promoted the Tag Team Attack well enough, but in game it was too over-reliant. However, it's an improvement over Tails actual use in Sonic 2 so I can't complain.

Also, you are mostly correct. Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles (S3&K is one complete game get over it), SA2, Colours, and Generations. Almost everything about SA1 sucked to me. Story, Voice acting, gameplay, glitches, graphics, EVERYTHING). Everyone but Sonic SUCKED. 20 years, and only 6 good main series games. Most of the spinoffs suck though.

Opinions opinions. I personally love CD(it's soundtrack is one of the best in the series hands down) and Heroes despite the critics say of it Oh, and Unleashed.

You know, this makes me want to propose a new question....

WHAT SONIC GAME DO YOU BELIEVE IS OVERRATED IN THE SERIES AND WHY?

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Ah Crap, forgot about CD! Okay, 7 good years of Sonic. CD is a great game. The Xbox version is better than the original! Both soundtracks, Tails, supposed collision detection fix. People say it is one of the best. I wouldn't consider it the greatest, for one (BIG) reason:

The level design is crap. I cannot stress that enough. You're always bouncing. Always. Always. ALWAYS.

but yeah Soundtrack: Awesome. My favourite is Quartz Quadrant, Present, Japanese. BUt god are looking up these tracks hard on Youtube. Should just download it.

There's some mentality that the fans are better at everything Sonic Team dishes out in a Sonic game though, and that's simply not true.

How...? Fans bring out good physics on their first try. Yet Dimps can't do it, even when they were given a second chance.
Also don't forget the MAXIMUM CRITICISM they got. Hell, I doubt they even bothered to play the classics. I bet they just looked at a single screenshot for 10 seconds and said "YEA, LETS MAKE A GAME".

I once heard that Sega actually wanted the creators of Fan Remix to take down the download link of SFR because it may disrupt the sales of episode 1.

What Sega? Butthurt because the fans can make better games than you? Thought so.

another thing that bothers me is that Sonic 4 episode 1 was originally gonna be called "Sonic DL (Downloadable)". Yet Sega probably knew it was gonna be crap and not gonna sell, so they changed it to Sonic 4 to rack in more cash, and disappoint fans more.

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Ah Crap, forgot about CD! Okay, 7 good years of Sonic. CD is a great game. The Xbox version is better than the original! Both soundtracks, Tails, supposed collision detection fix. People say it is one of the best. I wouldn't consider it the greatest, for one (BIG) reason:

The level design is crap. I cannot stress that enough. You're always bouncing. Always. Always. ALWAYS.

but yeah Soundtrack: Awesome. My favourite is Quartz Quadrant, Present, Japanese. BUt god are looking up these tracks hard on Youtube. Should just download it.

Please don't mention the level design.....it grates me too. XD

And pfft...looking them up on Youtube isn't THAT hard. Not when the JPN soundtrack been leaked and shown all over the web now. Hell, I have both soundtracks.

How...? Fans bring out good physics on their first try. Yet Dimps can't do it, even when they were given a second chance.
Also don't forget the MAXIMUM CRITICISM they got. Hell, I doubt they even bothered to play the classics. I bet they just looked at a single screenshot for 10 seconds and said "YEA, LETS MAKE A GAME".

Fans bring out the good physics on their first try? I hardly believe that. It doesn't take a first try to get the physics down for a fan-game that well. Not even Sonic 2 HD had it down "on the first try".

I think DIMPS haven't played a classic Sonic game either. And that's sad.

I once heard that Sega actually wanted the creators of Fan Remix to take down the download link of SFR because it may disrupt the sales of episode 1.

Yeah, but I don't think it's because of the how the gameplay was handled. It was how the game looked, and it looked amazing. Then again....that's the past.

What Sega? Butthurt because the fans can make better games than you? Thought so.

Burn. XD And should that say "Butthurt because the fans can make better 2D games than you"? Since I would love to see the fans make a 3D title in the vein of Unleashed, Colors and Generations. But that's time and money to do that right? XD

another thing that bothers me is that Sonic 4 episode 1 was originally gonna be called "Sonic DL (Downloadable)". Yet Sega probably knew it was gonna be crap and not gonna sell, so they changed it to Sonic 4 to rack in more cash, and disappoint fans more.

So true.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Okay, fans will never bring out a 3d game thats better than the current ones. But, the 2d ones are just SO MUCH BETTER. And you're right, fans can't bring out perfect physics on their first try. But they actually make sure the physics work and are closer to the source. They actually completely listen to criticism and find out what the problems are. Dimps just took the biggest complaint, fixed it by a smidgen, and then claimed it was fixed completely.

Also, how is it possible that a fan game looked better than an actual game? SFR looked gorgeous...while Episode 1 looks like it had a graphical budget of about 20 dollars and a box of crayons. At first, I thought it looked nice. It kinda looked like a comic book. But then I took a look at SFR.

Sega, these are the sequels to the games that saved your companies ass back in the 90's, and you should treat is as such. It should have been a big budget retail game. BUT NOPE.

I should probably sign up because the mods are a wee sensitive.

Who are your favourite Sonic characters?: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Silver.

Back