The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Slvc

Advertise here
Pokemon Pinball. I don't know why I had it, because I didn't buy it and I don't remember renting or borrowing it from someone, but I remember sitting on the bus going to school playing the crap out of this game. I can't even tell you why I enjoyed it. I like pinball, I like Pokemon, but combining them? Yes please!

runner up: I also really enjoyed the Pokemon Trading Card video game. My cousin and I would always link up and battle.

What was yours? I know mine are old .. I've been out of the loop a while, give me a break!

Current Party: Machamp (soon to be Gallade most likely..), Litwick, Mewtwo, Crobat, Servine (soon to be Torterra?), Dewott (soon to be Feraligatr?)

Found my Pokemon Platinum =)
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I've recently gotten back into Pokemon TCG video game but I don't know how I played it as a child! It's impossible for me now!

I tried to play Pokemon Pinball too recently and just couldn't - I hate Pinball so I don't have the patience for it

Deceased:

Old August 18th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
I got really addicted to PMD Blue Rescue Team back in December 2007. I would play it every night that I worked with my grandmother in the mall and I didn't want to put it down, haha. Sadly I lost that game, and I haven't had motivation to play any other PMD games. Losing it just made me not wanna move on to bigger and better things I suppose. :(

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old August 18th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Several years ago I got hooked on the Trading Card Video Game, my cousin lent me that and Pokemon Yellow!
Nowadays I'm really addicted to the Pokemon Rumble series, I know it's incredibly repetitive but it's just so enjoyable!! I've only played the 3DS version, I plan to fully complete it once I finish with the mainstream games (I've beaten the story, just need to collect all Pokemon). I plan to purchase the Wii U version as well.
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I like almost every spin-off ever created =D
As for the Pinball, it was very good =) I remember finishing both on Red and Ruby and Sapphire desks.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 6th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I think I've replayed every Pokémon spin-off that I own at least once, thinking about it now this gives me the incentive to play Colosseum once more!

Old September 21st, 2013, 04:03 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Don't recall the addiction level, but I liked Snap, Pinball, Puzzle League/Challenge and the very first PMD: Whatever the Subtitle for the DS. I'm not good at pinball, but of all the mascot pinball games I played, it definitely kept me hooked the most. I really like the music in it as well.

League/Challenge is a no brainer being a Panel de Pon skin, though tbh I probably played both the Tetris Attack and the Nintendo Puzzle Collection versions way more often. I will say that DS PMD was a game I couldn't get enough of at the time. You have to remember, it was pretty big step for the series to let you play as the Pokemon, all of which actually had characterizations. You darn well better believe I was on top of that game. :D I think I played it with more intent than anything prior, save for my first time playthroughs of Blue and Yellow.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 21st, 2013, 10:50 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I liked Pinball and I could play it for days to finish all stages and get as many points as possible =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:04 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Every spinoff I've played got me addicted. Most is PMD - Red Rescue Team because it was the first Spinoff I've played. I still need to get Rayquaza and that's about it. I've done every thing possible in the game.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Come to think of it, I never finished PMD. I still have no closure on the Gengar/Gardevoir thing. Haha, oops. So much for playing it with intent.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:36 PM
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
I got addicted to red rescue but only after 4 years of getting it XD. I had found it in my closet and played it non stop til i finished the story mode. I'm still working on getting all the friends on my team though. Basicly the same thing for the exsplorors arc, minus the 4 year thing. So to sum it up, i basicly fell in love with the mystery dungeon games as a whole, for the most part. The gates to infinity arc just didnt do go up to my expectations

I unexpectedly got addicted to the ranger games aswell, but i have not played them for so long i forgot the story

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Fire

[ Kanto (LG) 0/8 ] [ Johto (SS) Mono 0/16 ] [ Hoenn (S) Mono 0/8 ] [ Sinnoh (P) 0/8 ] [ Unova (W2) 0/8 ] [ Kalos (X) 0/8 ]

i can't believe it's been a year already O.o
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
PMD: EOS was my addiction

The storyline, the special missions, the soundtrack, all of it was so great!
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:25 AM
MewtwoGaara

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to MewtwoGaara
Right now I'm addicted to PMD Gates to Infinity. I'm thinking about restarting Explorers of Darkness.
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:37 PM
crystalzapdos

I couldn't stop playing Pokemon Conquest when I first got it. Defiantly my favorite spin-off game.
Old September 29th, 2013, 09:34 PM
audinowho
我是谁?

Pokemon conquest came out of nowhere and hit me in the face with its awesomeness.

Old September 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Para-Dox

I actually got into the pokémon series via the first PMD game. I really enjoyed it and then moved on to the main series game. Bought the first PMD about 3 times due to losing copies and for it's multiple versions.

The second one I have not played as much, but I really admire the story for being darker without being overly irksome like in B/W. And of course there's the 2nd and 3rd ranger games (the first one had some poorly thought out mechanics) and pokémon Link/Trozei. I even strangley like Pokémon Dash.
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pära View Post
The second one I have not played as much, but I really admire the story for being darker without being overly irksome like in B/W. And of course there's the 2nd and 3rd ranger games (the first one had some poorly thought out mechanics) and pokémon Link/Trozei. I even strangley like Pokémon Dash.
Have you played the third MD game? I haven't been able to finish it because the story just drags on and on and on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
Every spinoff I've played got me addicted. Most is PMD - Red Rescue Team because it was the first Spinoff I've played. I still need to get Rayquaza and that's about it. I've done every thing possible in the game.
That's how I feel with EoS Dx
I've done everything but the tower with Arceus... I need that damn drink!

Last edited by Ari Niko; September 30th, 2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:03 PM
DynalMaestro
Eater Of Worlds

Nature: Quiet
I like The PMD spinoffs the best,the game fonctions pretty well and some music in it is awesome such as the Primal Dialga theme which is awesome
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here