• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2014
This project is simply amazing... I'm using the completed 4th gen set to work on my new rom hack (my first :P). It will be even better when the 5th gen pokemon get finished :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
the project is closed? not resize the sprites from generation I, II, III?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
the project is closed? not resize the sprites from generation I, II, III?

What? No,no, no. The project is not closed. I am working on Gen III and Chaos is finishing up gen V and gen I. We are both pretty busy and have other projects to work on, as well as school. Therefore, updates won't come as often as everyone would like, but they will come.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Told ya guys this isn't dead ;)
074_zps7e14fde3.png

095_zps7ee3cd25.png

137_zps43e836eb.png

140_zps4f479399.png

650_zps6347429f.png

651_zpsfe26703a.png

I checked with Pokedex 3D Pro, and I can say that Ferrossed and Ferrothorn are model-accurate!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Told ya guys this isn't dead ;)
074_zps7e14fde3.png

095_zps7ee3cd25.png

137_zps43e836eb.png

140_zps4f479399.png

650_zps6347429f.png

651_zpsfe26703a.png

I checked with Pokedex 3D Pro, and I can say that Ferrossed and Ferrothorn are model-accurate!

Awesome bro!

BTW, Is there by any chance that you'll redo other backsprites to be "mobdel accurate too?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Moar sprites:
655_zps378da1e2.png

656_zps56407b83.png

657_zpsccc37e15.png

BTW, Is there by any chance that you'll redo other backsprites to be "mobdel accurate too?
nah too much work (and I think I have the right to say this considering everything else I've done)
I specifically mentioned it with the Ferroseed family because some details are kinda wonky in their low-resolution B/W backsprites.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Moar sprites:
655_zps378da1e2.png

656_zps56407b83.png

657_zpsccc37e15.png

nah too much work (and I think I have the right to say this considering everything else I've done)
I specifically mentioned it with the Ferroseed family because some details are kinda wonky in their low-resolution B/W backsprites.

Whoa! Overload. (I think you made that for a while now but you just had the time to post it right?)

And I agree on the Ferro Family.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Wooow news render, this is awesome! next render... Scyter and Scizor! :P
Nice job!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Some new sprites:

Chandelure's backsprite was made from scratch while I looked at Pokedex 3D Pro. It was a nightmare...

Great as always! And Chandelure... Yeah I know it IS a nightmare doing that.

#ifeelyoubro

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Impressive work on the newer sprites, Chaos. I have a question, though; are you going to redo Archeops's backsprite? It's anatomically incorrect, since Archeops's wings are like arms; it cannot fold them in, as is the case in your backsprite.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Impressive work on the newer sprites, Chaos. I have a question, though; are you going to redo Archeops's backsprite? It's anatomically incorrect, since Archeops's wings are like arms; it cannot fold them in, as is the case in your backsprite.
Yes, I will be re-doing the backsprite eventually. I'm considering re-doing Swoobat's as well.

The reason why the newer backsprites might look a lot better than the older ones is because:
1) naturally, I got better over time
2) I didn't have a 3DS when I made the earlier sprite
Ever since I have had my 3DS XL and Pokedex 3D Pro, I can now make much better looking custom backsprites.

Usually for the Unova backsprites, I'll cut out a portion of the B2/W2 backsprite and then enlarge it, then edit/clean it up. Most of the Unova backsprites were made like this, however, this doesn't work with every Pokemo, such as Swoobat, Archeops, Chandelure, etc. When I made the Swoobat and Archeops backsprites, my only anatomical references were the official art and sprites (I don't watch the anime). Now that I have Pokedex 3D Pro, I can simply move the camera to a good angle behind it, pause the animation, and simply draw what I see on MS Paint. This is why the backsprites of Eelektross and Chandelure look significantly better than Swoobat and Archeops.

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Yes, I will be re-doing the backsprite eventually. I'm considering re-doing Swoobat's as well.

The reason why the newer backsprites might look a lot better than the older ones is because:
1) naturally, I got better over time
2) I didn't have a 3DS when I made the earlier sprite
Ever since I have had my 3DS XL and Pokedex 3D Pro, I can now make much better looking custom backsprites.

Usually for the Unova backsprites, I'll cut out a portion of the B2/W2 backsprite and then enlarge it, then edit/clean it up. Most of the Unova backsprites were made like this, however, this doesn't work with every Pokemo, such as Swoobat, Archeops, Chandelure, etc. When I made the Swoobat and Archeops backsprites, my only anatomical references were the official art and sprites (I don't watch the anime). Now that I have Pokedex 3D Pro, I can simply move the camera to a good angle behind it, pause the animation, and simply draw what I see on MS Paint. This is why the backsprites of Eelektross and Chandelure look significantly better than Swoobat and Archeops.

Yes, I perfectly understand what you're saying. I based my White Kyurem backsprites on the 3D Pro model, too, but back then I didn't know you used a specific shading style for your sprites. Now, I'm attempting to see how I could improve my sprite; should I use the shading of White Kyurem's B2W2 backsprite?

By the way, you may have heard of a ROM hack named Pokémon Vega. That game has a small amount of Unova Pokémon, but most of them have entirely new poses, such as Ferrothorn and Eelektross, as well as unique backsprites. I could send you a PM featuring several of those Pokémon, if you'd like.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Yes, I perfectly understand what you're saying. I based my White Kyurem backsprites on the 3D Pro model, too, but back then I didn't know you used a specific shading style for your sprites. Now, I'm attempting to see how I could improve my sprite; should I use the shading of White Kyurem's B2W2 backsprite?
All of my backsprites are in the style of the 4th Gen games.

By the way, you may have heard of a ROM hack named Pokémon Vega. That game has a small amount of Unova Pokémon, but most of them have entirely new poses, such as Ferrothorn and Eelektross, as well as unique backsprites. I could send you a PM featuring several of those Pokémon, if you'd like.
No, that would be stealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back