• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate The Signature Of the Person Above You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
7/10

This sort of signature thing is getting kind of old, but I'm not neg. rating on that or anything. It's simple, but I think you could do more to it :3 Heck, I think the text would look a lot better if it were one of Snivy's greens, or a darker rendition of them.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
8/10. I really like it and the colors are soft and easy on the eyes. I like the sketchy style of the icons too.

Crap, now everyone is starting to get sigs like mine. :O

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Well, Nica is making them for everyone, and the simplicity makes it look really good.

I'll give this one a 9/10 since I like what you did with the text.

Also, if anyone thinks my background should be lighter/a different shade of pink/etc., just say so. Or if you can direct me to a better work of art by Jan Lenica, feel free to do so :>

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
8/10
It's really good, I like how the colors fit together. No, the shade of pink you have right now is just fine.
Oh and the picture in my sig is a pic of trumpet keys, just in case no one could tell.
TRUMPETS ARE AWESOME!
l\____ - - -______
l/ (___l l l____)

Yeah I had a little mini rant there...

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
The image seems..low quality. That phrase is awesome but the text formatting ain't. Some more work is required in your signature. Maybe get a better picture and try out some better text formatting? Trying out some fancy font may help. :P

5//10

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Oh lawd! n__n

This is quite the amazing piece of work, Derozio. <3 I'm jealous of your abilities.

A straight up perfect 10/10 my dear boy. ;;

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Personally, I think Nica could've moved Espeon's silhouette a tad bit closer to the text box, but other than that, it still looks good. Except the "x" at the bottom of the text box thing goes on a second line. On Safari, at least.

8/10.

derozio

Years
Rossu-pie, your signature...doesn't appeal to me. Those symbols at the top just don't seem to fit. And I'm not a fan of those icons either. I think it would've been MUCH better if you had gone for a plan background instead of something like the one you have currently. Look at my signature, for instance? I just pasted 'L' (character) on a plain background and added some text and voila! A simple yet good-looking signature! But idk..I don't really think your signature is pleasant on the eyes..sorry about that..

6//10

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Do you mind not calling me me Rossu-Pie; it's weird when it isn't Tara calling me that ^^; I guess anyone who hasn't seen the show or read the manga spinoff would get the references.

The runes translate into Charlotte, the character. Runes are used to name all the witches and minions and other stuff in the series. The general background is a modified version of one of Jan Lenica's posters. A lot of the art in the witches' labyrinths are reminiscent of his art. But I can see where it can be a pain. /perhaps use a background similar to what's in the icons?

---

ANYWAYS, I'm supposed to be rating signatures, not explaining my own, right?

I am still not fond of L's hair coloring, and I really don't think the image looks good as a vector-like image. The box containing all the text is a darker blue, which I suppose you intended, but it just doesn't look good with the blue. Thus, you get a 7/10. And before you say I'm revenge rating, just remember that while I may be a hypocrite, I'm not one when it comes to signature rating, and I'm sure you probably hate revenge rating just like I do.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Taking your explanation into account, 7/10. I'm a bit creeped out by chibis with blank eyes; in fact, I'm a bit leery of chibis in general. The runes mean Charlotte, but I'd have no way of knowing that, so they kinda just look random.

derozio

Years
The text..I don't really like it. Formatting doesn't suit the images. You should've gone for another font, maybe? And the background color too. It doesn't help in making the signature appear better. Maybe instead of a background color, go for another background image? Maybe a texture? :o

6//10

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
That's...actually decent looking. But Contact Info. comes before Emblems, even if you do have that private or w/e (which I wouldn't know being on this account), and if you have any Infractions those would come before Emblems too but it's not like non-staff can see those like you and staff can XD;

I shall give thee an 8/10 :>

Last edited:

Samari45

Rookie Monotyper
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
8/10 Basic but well made. Points for it being my favorite grass starter.

Melody

Banned
Years
1/10

Your signature is barely worth that, lose the challenge bar, and hide your challenge listings. Or post your challenges completed/current on your profile. Either way it's just too big a list for signature.

Years
(Note: if all you can come up with is "Too many icons" or "Out of place" then don't bother, you've missed the point)

10/10. If there's a "point" to your signatures that people need to understand, that's pretty poor design choice. This thread is for community input on other people's signatures. If "too many icons" happens to be a recurring complaint, it's not the fault of the community for "missing the point", but the fault of the designer for not making something that can easily enjoyed by all. If you think the icons look good in your view, then fine! Keep them! Nobody's going to force you to change your signature, but asking for criticisms and then flat-out rejecting them is pretty unprofessional.

My points from last time still stand. Notably "too many icons".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back