The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Old August 28th, 2011, 02:41 PM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Okay, I'm thinking of playing OU gen 5 and I've Currently got A team in the works,but I need help I've Already got 3 pokemon thought up and I Need
A Physical Sweeper, A Wall, and something else. This team is going to be built around double battles, even thought I want my team to play single too.
The Pokemon I've got planned out are

Scizor
252 Att./252 Sp./6 Hp.
Adamant
Technician
???
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- U-turn/Brick Break/Roost/X-Scizzor

Whimsicott
252 Sp. Def/ 252 Def./ 6 Sp.
Timid
Prankster
Leftovers
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
- U-turn

Reuniclus
252 Sp. Att./ 252 Sp./ 6 Hp.
Timid
Magic Gaurd
Life Orb
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Ice,Fire,or Water/Recover/Trick Room

Scizzor and Whimsicott are the Ultimate Double Battle Combination. Toxic=Switchout=Pursuit=Dead.
And reuniclus is really cool and I like him.

As for a sweeper, I'd like to use Speed Boost Blaziken, But I know I could never get my hands on one until It comes to America legitly, and who knows how long that'll take so yeah, anyone have suggestions? They'd be verf appreciated, Thanks!

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:08 PM
phinamthi
Steel Type Trainer

Nature: Modest
As for a good sweeper, I recommend Heracross, Magnezone, or Cloyster.
Magnezone looks like a better Pokemon here, you certainly need some water type coverage too.

Magnezone @ Salac Berry
Timid
Sturdy
EV: 252 Sp. Atk / 28 HP / 238 Spd
-Substitute
-Charge Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)
This Magnezone seems to sweep. A lot. Set up 1 or 2 Charge Beams to boost your Sp.Atk, and Thunderbolt seems to OHKO w/STAB even on Neutral damage. HP (Ice) may OHKO/2HKO any types that Thunderbolt doesn't like.

As for a wall, I suggest Hippowdon, but I don't really feel like giving a set, so how bout tommorow? Good luck!

(I leik your sig btw)

Old August 28th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Fairy
loves you

Hi Pokehearts!

I'm sorry to say this.. but the raters here can't actually build a team for you. :< While it's true that half of your team is constructed, the raters here can't be looking at your Pokemon and say "oh, well you need a Haxorus", or "You need a Physical Wall" with the information you've provided so far. That's impossible. ;( On the other hand, the raters here are more than happy to help you with the Pokemon you have listed! If you want a Physical Sweeper, a Wall, and "something else" than just try to narrow that down a bit. Two of your Pokemon are weak to Fire.. so maybe a Water or Rock type would be a good place for you to start. From there, you can look at all the attributes and characteristics of every Rock/Water type Sweeper/Wall/Something in OU and find which one would work best for you and your team. The only reason I say this is because the raters cannot make that decision for you. However, once you have a Pokemon in mind, you can ask for help in the Q&A Sticky at the top of the forum and from there, the raters can suggest good sets for that Pokemon. Once you have a nice completed team, just come back to us! :D

But until then, lets see what we can do for your current team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokehearts View Post
Scizor
252 Att./252 Sp./6 Hp.
Adamant
Technician
???
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- U-turn/Brick Break/Roost/X-Scizzor
I really, really like Scizor. But you have a few little problems that need to be ironed out before you're Scizor can be battle ready. :> First, Choice Band that Scizor. CB Scizor is such a potent sweeper and a serious threat. Replace Bug Bite with U-Turn (because of its excellent synergy between the Choice Band) and use Superpower in the last move slot so Scizor can hit harder. Brick Break is also a viable option if you don't like the loss in Attack and Defense. Otherwise, this set is awesome! Bullet Punch and Pursuit work very, very well on Technician Scizor. Good job! :>

Quote:
Whimsicott
252 Sp. Def/ 252 Def./ 6 Sp.
Timid
Prankster
Leftovers
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
- U-turn
From what I understand, Whimsicott is extremely difficult to use effectively. It's bulky, but isn't able to set up nicely against Pokemon that can even 4HKO it. The set I'm familiar with is this:

Whimsicott
@ Leftovers
Prankster
252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Sp.Defense
Bold [+Defense; -Attack] / Impish [+Defense; -Sp.Attack]
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute / U-Turn
- Stun Spore / Taunt

I've read that it takes perfect prediction to use Whimsicott well. But anyway, thanks to Encore (arguably Whimsicott's best move option ever), you won't have to worry about anything setting up against Whimsicott. It's next best thing Whimsicott has in its arsenal is a priority Leech Seed. After that, Substitute is good for stalling for Leech Seed and U-Turn could be good for offensive teams that need the Leech Seed healing. Stun Spore will do its job by tripping up any sweepers like Excadrill, and Taunt will prevent other threats from setting up against you. I don't know how this set would work for you. Whimsicott seems to have unlimited options in its move pool and I truly feel sorry for anything on the receiving end of them. But experience comes into play a lot while using this Pokemon, just be careful.

Quote:
Reuniclus
252 Sp. Att./ 252 Sp./ 6 Hp.
Timid
Magic Gaurd
Life Orb
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Ice,Fire,or Water/Recover/Trick Room
There are many different ways to run Reuniclus, from Trick Room to Trick. I'm going to recommend for you, a Calm Mind set.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Speed
Bold [+Defense; -Attack]
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

Because the point of this set is to set up Calm Mind, you're going to have to stay alive long enough to do it. That's why its EVs and Nature reflect a physically defensive facet. The best part about a Calm Mind Reuniclus, in my opinion, is its Ability, Magic Guard. This way, Reuniclus isn't cripples by Toxic, a serious cross to bare for any other bulky sweeper. Reuniclus doesn't need Psychic and Psyshock, in my opinion. Definitely choose one of the other (for the sake of this rate, I'm just going to say Psyshock). Psyshock and Focus Blast provide the core of Reuniclus' offensive merits, as they both have relatively good coverage. Psyshock is your primary STAB attack, while Focus Blast allows Reuniclus to plow through Blissey (something many other teams struggle to do) and hit Reuniclus' biggest threat, Dark type Pokemon, for super effective damage. Alternately, HP [Fighting] can be used if you don't like the secondary effects of Focus Blast. Recover lets Reuniclus shrug off attacks like they're nothing.

So I hope this was helpful! Please come back when you have finished your team and we will be happy to give you a good, solid rate. If you ever need any extra help, feel free to contact one of the raters or post your questions in the Q&A Sticky! Best of luck to you! :>

Last edited by Fairy; August 28th, 2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typo :3
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
ultimate master
Beginning Trainer

Hey Pokehearts I've got to tell you something and I'm sorry but it's bad news!
You can't have any Pokemon from any region except the Unova region until you finish the game for the first time which is also when you get the national dex.
So I'm sorry to tell you that but it's the truth and I thought I should warn you before you try to get Sizcor into the game
Old September 19th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate master View Post
Hey Pokehearts I've got to tell you something and I'm sorry but it's bad news!
You can't have any Pokemon from any region except the Unova region until you finish the game for the first time which is also when you get the national dex.
So I'm sorry to tell you that but it's the truth and I thought I should warn you before you try to get Sizcor into the game:(
You do realize that this is for competitive purposes, meaning they've already completed the main story...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here