• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Omega

Rango

Show Me The Money Wide Load!
Years
Pokemon Omega
A game developed using RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials

Story
bar_zpsac3a3e59.png

Welcome to the Operta Region!
A land filled with joy and wonder through out the region, with people and Pokemon living in harmony, where adventure is just around the corner.
...or it used to be.
There is turmoil in the region. Allegations of corruption at the highest level have been leveled at the governing body, with reports that money is changing hands to keep them in power.
There are also reports of a mysterious figure named Vance, along with a group of followers, appearing at random locations around the region, their intentions currently unknown
You are an 18 year old, living in Sierra City, a lovely seaside cape along with your next door neighbor, the local Gym Leader.
After some careful coaxing, he has managed to convince you to join the Pokemon league and to take up the gym challenge.
Welcome to Pokemon Omega, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Features
bar_zpsac3a3e59.png

- No HM Moves
- Choice based gameplay
- Choose from 4 different playable characters
- Whole new region of Operta to be explored
- New, Rewritten and Re-ordered Pokedex
- Hidden Grotto's!
- A Banking System!​

Screenshots and Media Centre
bar_zpsac3a3e59.png

Please note that all sprites are placeholders.
capture000_zps2504adad.png
capture002_zpse61794ca.png

capture003_zps4a38c3c6.png
capture001_zps34582734.png
capture005_zps4cad1c61.png
capture006_zps347c08e6.png

Video Links
None yet

Credits
bar_zpsac3a3e59.png

- Maruno, poccil, Flameguru - Pokemon Essentials
- Rayd12smitty - Hidden Grotto Script
- Black Eternity - Bank Script

Design and Thread layout by Rango

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
this sounds very promising, and it sounds like you already have a handle on everything you need to do. Good luck! I hope to see more!

Rango

Show Me The Money Wide Load!
Years
I love dark plots! Good luck!
Thank you for those kind words, and I'm glad that you like the plot, I have certainly tried to steer away from the traditional games.

Well I don't know what to say other than good luck.
Thank you.

Those screenshots looks great especially the 3rd one of Route A. I love the darker scheme of it.
Thank, but that route was jut raining :P

this sounds very promising, and it sounds like you already have a handle on everything you need to do. Good luck! I hope to see more!
Thank you.

Update
Just some new screens, I'll have a video ready by tomorrow.
capture007_zpse519618f.png
capture008_zps14241904.png

capture009_zps83e60a8a.png
capture011_zps5d129389.png

capture010_zps14c01d23.png

Please bear in mind that I haven't evented any of this are yet.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Looks good, may I ask how foar are you to a demo? Like can you give me a percentage of your progress?

Back