• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I know a little about Persona, mostly from discussions with a friend who owns a couple of the games. I'd be interested in joining, although don't expect my knowledge to be top-notch.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I don't know anything about Persona but that may change soon. Anyways, if I brainstormed and came up with a Naruto RP, who would be interested in participating? Also I would need 1 or 2 Co-GM if that idea went through.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Naruto? (points to username)

Depends on what the plot is, to be honest. I've seen a few Naruto RPs that haven't gotten off of the ground, but it'd be nice to actual see a Naruto RP have at least one plot post. :)

(I wouldn't mind CO-GMing, but I'm a horrible GM, so you probably don't want me anyways.)

Years
Or would it be better if all the time was spent being a badass Assassin in an age I haven't thought of yet? Thoughts please.

The difficulty would have to depend on the age and era to be honest with you....and how well you are at writing conspiracy theories.

I LOVE AND I HAVE MISSED ALL OF YOU! <3

That's a lie and you know it. But it's great for me to come back from my year+ absence and you return shortly after. :D Everyone else here is a nerd.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Out of curiousity, and random ideas that sneak into my head when I'm trying to fall asleep, would anyone be interested in a Pokemon Conquest RP? I haven't seen any, and that's a shame in my opinion.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Good lord, I can't tell if this summer is going to be a roleplaying dream or a time management nightmare!

Probably both.

Just realised that my SU making will probably not be up to par. (sighs) There goes those dreadfully long histories that were are my trademark.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@DeLaMuerte. Yes. Just yes. I would love to join one because I totes loved the game o3o

Which makes me think there should be more RPs based on the Pokémon spin-offs!
Like Pokemon Ranger, a RP set in Orre ooooor somewhere else but with Shadow Pokemon!

Good lord now I want to make one -.-
Shadow Pokemon in a RP anyone, does it pick yer' interest?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Good lord, I can't tell if this summer is going to be a roleplaying dream or a time management nightmare!

Oh, hon, I can promise you that it's going to be both. You'll be drowning midway through summer.
This is why it's both a curse and a blessing that I don't really have a computer over summer. ;3

And a Pokemon Conquest roleplay sounds fun. So long as the warlords actually join in on the fighting and it's not all done by the pokemon. @_@;

POKEMON IN SKYRIM. It's a tempting idea. xD
Spoiler:

I wish I had Skyrim for the computer just so I could download mods, lol.

Years
I don't know anything about Persona but that may change soon. Anyways, if I brainstormed and came up with a Naruto RP, who would be interested in participating? Also I would need 1 or 2 Co-GM if that idea went through.

If it's a good one I'd love to join (if I can find time). I'm also up for helping you come up with ideas or co-GMing if you're interested.

What's Persona about? It sounds interesting.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
@DeLaMuerte. Yes. Just yes. I would love to join one because I totes loved the game o3o

Which makes me think there should be more RPs based on the Pokémon spin-offs!
Like Pokemon Ranger, a RP set in Orre ooooor somewhere else but with Shadow Pokemon!

Good lord now I want to make one -.-

Ooh! I did one once! I still have the stuff for it, if you'd like it. I kinda stopped posting in it and it kind of died... but I'd like to adjust it someday.

Nickle4aPickle

They/Them
Years
Oh, oh! Sounds neat. :D If I can convince my boyfriend to make an account here, he'd be all over that! XD

In other news, I'm working on the details for another idea I had (another Pokémon-based one). Once I have a decent amount of information for it, I'll post an intro in here. ^^ (Definitely more than my last idea. XD; People seemed to misunderstand what I meant, and I was hesitant to give out info for that just in case I turn it into a fanfic. ^^; )

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
What's Persona about? It sounds interesting.
It depends on the game in question, but the general sum-up of the Persona series is this: Several people, usually high-school students, gain the ability to harness Personas, the embodiment of what is essentially their psyches, in order to face some conflict (often demons or beings called shadows). In the original games (1, 2, and 2: Eternal Punishment) the personas are called out, and in the later ones, they are summoned via some medium (a device called an Evoker in 3 and as cards in 4).

The persona changes as the user does, and as the user starts to peel away the mask that they put on for society, they start to reveal their true selves which, ironically, allows their personas to grow as well. Generally the personas are based off of beings in urban legends, religious beliefs, stories, and mythical creatures. Some of them you guys may know, such as Izanagi, Orpheus, Lucifer, Shiisaa, Gabriel, so on and so forth.

The games are pretty amazing and I definitely recommend that those of you who haven't played any of them do so. Heck, I'm sure if you like Pokemon you'll like the Persona games. Not to mention that the games (as well as the entire Megami Tensei franchise) has great characters, music, stories, and themes. Heck, I'd even say that Persona 4 is probably one of my favorite games of all time. As for which one to start with, don't worry about it. While all of the games are in the same universe, none of the games (barring the 2-part game "Persona 2") require the player to have played the previous games in the series to understand them, though it is worth noting that Persona 3 and 4 made some radical (and highly praised) changes to the gameplay that aren't present in 1 and 2.

Alternatively, if you don't want to play the games, you could check out Persona 4 The Animation. I don't think it's a substitute, really, but it's a good show that prompts emotional response.

...I dunno if I presented the series well enough, and if there's someone who can explain it better, please do. I will say this, though: Persona is an incredibly appropriate series to be turned into an RP, and I definitely think what Doronjo has cooking is worth check out.

Nakuzami

Years
This RP here, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303041 is a Pokemon Conquest-like RP but does not feature humans.

Nobunaga's Ambition to Pokemon Conquest to PMD.
Seems like a logical shift, lol.

Okay, guys, if there is a (sandbox) TES roleplay . . . would you guys want it to feature only a few provinces of Tamriel, or all of Tamriel? I just feel that things could get incredibly scattered if it featured the entire continent, sadly. . . .

Also, any preferred time period/factions/whatever?

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
@Nakuzami: I think that Cyrodiil or Skyrim would be best. Cyrodiil since being at the center of Tamriel it incorporates parts of almost all the other provinces, such as the north being like Skyrim, the southwest being like Hammerfell, and so on so that there is more variety and opportunity. It would be like doing all of Tamriel but not doing that at the same time. Being the capital of the Empire would also give reason for members of other non-Tamrielic races to be there (for politics and such). Skyrim because most people who will be joining this will have played Skyrim and are more familiar with it. They will probably have an easier time figuring out something to write like that, but that mostly stands true if you choose the fourth era.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
@Nakuzami: I think that Cyrodiil or Skyrim would be best. Cyrodiil since being at the center of Tamriel it incorporates parts of almost all the other provinces, such as the north being like Skyrim, the southwest being like Hammerfell, and so on so that there is more variety and opportunity. It would be like doing all of Tamriel but not doing that at the same time. Being the capital of the Empire would also give reason for members of other non-Tamrielic races to be there (for politics and such). Skyrim because most people who will be joining this will have played Skyrim and are more familiar with it. They will probably have an easier time figuring out something to write like that, but that mostly stands true if you choose the fourth era.

Yes, I suppose for familiarity, Skyrim or Cyrodiil would be best. We could always have the roleplayers briefly visit other provinces for some events, and maybe even have parallel roleplays/expand the roleplay later on, if it's successful. If we can get an amount of roleplayers that rivals the PTA, then we could have enough in multiple provinces. xD

I feel that it should take place sometime before the events of Skyrim . . . although I suppose it could easily still occur during the fourth era. The only thing is, if it's in the fourth era, only Cyrodiil, High Rock and Skyrim remain in the Empire, so . . . second or third era would probably be best.

Also, I think you mean the northwest for High Rock. d: Argonia (Black Marsh) is in the southeast, lol.
Spoiler:

A map for those that aren't familiar with Tamriel.

Outside of that that, Akavir is another continent to the west and Atmora is another continent to the north. There are various lands, mostly islands, between Tamriel and Akavir, and Pyandonea is to the south and is the home of the Maormer, or Sea Elves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back