• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon: Inferno Red

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
As I said in the last thread, this game is called Pokemon: Inferno Red. It's a remake of Red Version, but from start to finish, the timeframe spans between 1.5 Years, and Sideplots take up what would technically be 2 years. By the end of everything, it'll be taking place 3-1 years before GSC. That being said, there's a lot of interesting new features to be added.

Story/Plot
It's the same thing as Pokemon Red's plot, just with a few twists and turns. Post-game has more events that contribute to the storyline of what takes place before GSC.

Features:
* Will only have Pokemon 1-251, with some new Pokemon, such as MissingNo (Sans it's Glitchy Side Effects), and a few other "rumored" pokemon.
* Kanto being completely redone in Generation II tiles
* Various Johto routes will be in the game, due to it being important to the game's advancement.
* 9 HMs, with HM09 being Whirlpool
* Some of those disproved rumors of olden days will be in the game (Places such as Bill's Mountain Garden)
* There will be a new spin on some old events (An example of this will be in the video below labeled "Coffee Event")

Screenshots and Videos:
More will come as I progress further with the Event making, but as I've only evented up to the end of the Proof of Concept demo, that's all I have pictures for currently.
Spoiler:

Coffee Event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0HemTauHYo

Credits:
The GSC Mesh Tileset I'm using - I don't know who the original maker of it, all I know was that I found it in the gadesx resource kit I downloaded. Due to it having a lack of necessary tiles, I imported some over from GSC.
The Kanto Generation II Starter Kit - D. Lawride
various events in the game - People on the Pokemon Essentials thread here who provided help.

And with that said, here is the download link
Version 1:
Link Forthcoming! Stay tuned!
Previous Versions in the spoiler below. (Archival Purposes)
Spoiler:

What you'll see in this version:
Spoiler:

I'd much appreciate if people could point out bugs if they see any so I know what else I need to fix. Thanks in advance
~ Derxwna Kapsyla​

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
That game is a mixture of Gen 1 or II with Gen III. Edit the Gen I/II or the gen III.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
That game is a mixture of Gen 1 or II with Gen III. Edit the Gen I/II or the gen III.

It's only the text, battle, and menu from Gen III. It's not like it is a mixture of Gen I-II and Gen III tiles. It works IMO, and the way you said that implies your way is the best and only way. Try being a little more respectful with your "advice."

@Derxwna Kapsyla
I like what you have so far. The added "rumor" pokemon sound fun and interesting (I really hope you put in Venustoise :P) My advice is to try and add even more to make your game unique. Remakes of Pokemon RBY and GSC are fun and all, but we already played them when they came out. I see you are adding a good amount of new concepts and Pokemon to it, I suggest even more.

While I stand by what I said about the Gen III working IMO, maybe make your own Pokedex and text system. Some people like the Gen II text so you could look into editing that and making something new. Just a suggestion...

Other than that, keep up the good work!

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years

Not everything has been edited to graphically resemble Generation II yet. I'll be looking at ways to change that stuff without breaking stuff in-game. The only reason it's still got some Generation III stuff (Such as Overworlds) is because I don't have all the Overworlds from RBY/GSC yet. I decided to leave the Generation III Sprites in there for the Proof of Concept demo, mainly to say "Hey, I havesomething done. I'm totally not just showing off some maps I did. I actually did work, and it seems good."

It's only the text, battle, and menu from Gen III. It's not like it is a mixture of Gen I-II and Gen III tiles. It works IMO, and the way you said that implies your way is the best and only way. Try being a little more respectful with your "advice."

@Derxwna Kapsyla
I like what you have so far. The added "rumor" pokemon sound fun and interesting (I really hope you put in Venustoise :P) My advice is to try and add even more to make your game unique. Remakes of Pokemon RBY and GSC are fun and all, but we already played them when they came out. I see you are adding a good amount of new concepts and Pokemon to it, I suggest even more.

While I stand by what I said about the Gen III working IMO, maybe make your own Pokedex and text system. Some people like the Gen II text so you could look into editing that and making something new. Just a suggestion...

Other than that, keep up the good work!

Venustoise was always on my mind for Rumor Pokemon to add, alongside Mewthree, and maybe a few Pokegods (Even though some were just Johto Pokemon, but I'll see what I can do.)

The Generation II Text is what I want to use. I have it, but I haven't yet received an answer on how to add new text into the program. Once I do, you can be sure that the font I make the game use will be Generation II (I already have the font file ready for work). As for the Pokedex, I'll work on something for it. While the change may not be right away, I do wish to see the current Pokedex changed.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
You'll want to edit the font file (assuming you're using one similar to what I used) since the spacing between letters is pretty distracting, and there's no letter for é. Here's a side by side comparison I did, with the GSC font and the FRLG font.
s1.png
-
s2.png

I suppose if your game isn't too dialogue heavy, the former would be alright, but it would just get difficult to read after a while. I find the latter a better choice since it doesn't seem TOO out of place.

What do you mean by edit the font file? Do you mean replacing one font with the GSC font? Also, I'm sure something could be done about the é if need be done.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Well, I can't get the Pokemon GSC font working. But that hasn't stopped, nor will it stop, progress from being achieved! I'm currently working on Pewter City and the events in Viridian Forest and Pewter City as we speak. Also, the placeholder sprites are removed due to a new wave of Overworlds, provided to me by D. Lawride. I hope to get the next version, which should go up to Cerulean City, out by July 9th or 10th approximately, but I make no promises.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Looks pretty good, battle screen, status screens and text boxes need to get "downgraded" but asides from that, it looks nice.

keep it up!

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Looks pretty good, battle screen, status screens and text boxes need to get "downgraded" but asides from that, it looks nice.

keep it up!

This will come when I am able to do so without breaking everything. It's one of those things on my to-do list!

Anyways, I bet people who glanced at this thread said "Eh, this is probably dead" (That or they didn't notice or care, whichever works). Ah-ha, it's not! I'm just not one who fancies forums. Aside from that, I've been doing Community Service hours for school graduation requirements. Despite that... Version 1 is now finished. The upload will be put into the first post after Bug Testing is done. Right now, the first post will be edited to signify what's in the new version.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I like the idea of using GENII graphics; I think you should probably change the battle screen & menus so that they fit into that style.

Back