• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What're average tabbing habits?

Years
I know there's a lot of people who like to have tons of tabs open in their browser while browsing the internet.. And it seems like everyone has their personal habits when it comes to managing tabs in their web browser and such. Now you can finally discuss this topic that's been lying in the bottom of your soul waiting to be freed.

As for me personally, I usually have an average of about 5-7 tabs open in an active browsing session (not just looking something up quickly) and up to 9 on some occasions. One weird thing I do, do, is that when I first start browsing PC or any other forum, I open a bunch of copies, because I know I'll be going all over the place in many different sections and threads.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Most of the time I have two instances of my browser open: one for Youtube and one for all the other stuff.

As for tabs: I like branching, which means I open the home page of a website and if there are links I want to open, it happens in a new tab. That makes navigating pretty fast. If I'm done with, for example writing a post I close the tab and am allready on the next tab which holds the forum with the thread I posted in before. Also most of the time my "root tabs" contain some search results from google.

TY

I always have 3 tabs as standard (PC, YouTube and Twitter) and it can be more if im busy hacking a game or something else.

The problem for me is if i have too many tabs open my browser will crash almost instantly... laptop cant handle it :/

Years
Usually I browse with my main sites, but when browsing them, I always create a tree of tabs in one browser window. With PC, for example, whenever I browse PC, I always have a tab of the home page open, then I use the center button on my mouse to open topics (or anything else, really) in a new tab and go from there. I've done the same with Youtube and wikis that I read.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Four tabs is my average. Facebook, Tumblr, Youtube, and one misc. tab that's anything from PC to Amazon. If I'm watching a movie then I'll resize my browser to fit half of my screen and open VLC in the other half. In that situation it's only two tabs (Facebook and Tumblr). If I'm doing some hardcore internet shopping then I'll click exclusively with my mouse wheel and open a ton of tabs, but that's very rare.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I keep 3-5 tabs maximum, usually just 2-3 though. I don't like to have a bunch open and I tend to close tabs when I'm done with them.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Right now, I have 13 tabs up. I usually have about 5-10 tabs open. I remember one time, my dad told me to turn off my computer because he wanted to turn off the power and check something. He watched over me as I closed like 15 tabs and some programs. D:

I'm surprised my computer can handle it all. <3

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
30–70 tabs, which are saved when the browser closes. Generally ordered by site.
Most of them tend to be TPC threads, so I can check for replies to my posts.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My goodness! how do you handle that many I have a hard time handling just my three.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Currently I have four, however during a roleplaying spree I normally have around 8 open (normally for google/pictures).

When I'm doing actual work I tend to have even more XD multiple sources, pictures, ideas, resources websites, etc.

Years
I usually have from 2 to 5. I'm the person who closes tabs as soon as I don't need them anymore since I like cleanliness. :P It's easier to keep track of this way. My best friend loves her tabs though and often has more than 10-20 at a time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
On average I have three when I'm at home. When I'm at school using the lab computers, I use 10 tabs, and half of them are for classwork xD They can't handle more than that though. lmao

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I always have a tab for Showdown, usually 2+ tabs for PC, a tab for YouTube, and random amounts of tabs for any interesting pages/gifs/images that I want to come back to later (and usually forget to!). I often have 5+ tabs loaded but I only tend to use 2 or 3 actively, I'm just bad at remembering to close them. :D

Back