• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Secret base

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
^^ good point, but couldn't the same thing be said about Sinnoh underground? Though it lasted longer than secret bases it too got boring after awhile, especially with no wi-fi. So I don't think getting rid of the secret bases is the answer, I think the answer would be to incorporate more features into them if they do return so that they don't get as boring as fast without wi-fi.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
So for B/W, I'd like to see a combination of the secret bases and the Underground. Make whatever new version there might be as expansive as the Underground, but without the major need for other players and with the various customizations and locations of the secret base.

What he said.

Though I agree, they should implement Wifi into this. Without Wifi, it just doesn't sound right, because most of the time, or at least in my case, you can't connect with anyone, making the Underground's only purpose to collect stones and fossils.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
As much as I liked the bases, don't bring them back in their previously used forms. It was irritating finding bases in R/S/E that weren't incredibly tiny or too badly shaped for it to be used, and the DPPt secret bases had no diversity. Bring back a hybrid or don't bring them back.

i would love if the had the r/s/e secret bases. i dont like the ones from the 4th gen. i just think the r/s/e ones where better because you could customize it more depending on where you choose to make it. plus i always managed to forget where mine was in diamond

Um, didn't the top screen show you where your base was?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years
I would really like a secret base that is really more like the third gen's, but of course I'd like to see more fresh and unique features. As someone said, it's be nice to be able to let out a few pokemon to play, which may be an alternate to boxing a pokemon or putting them in the daycare. Maybe it could increase happiness the more you visit them. But of course there's be a very limited amount of pokemon you could but in your base at once.

Someone else mentioned the option to own property in a city, which would be kind of cool. However, it would kind of take away from the "secret base" feeling that I always liked in R/S/E. But things could be made a lot easier this way. Like in the secret bases in 3rd gen, there were holes in the ground or rocks, that would make it impossible set furniture in that location. The same thing with the rocks in 4th gen. If it were a house or apartment the trainer owned, money or missions could be used to fix patched walls or broken floorboards. I think also if you owned property, a cool feature would be the ability to paint murals on your walls. One thing I'd really like to see is for you to be able to set more furniture that 3rd gen.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I would really like a secret base that is really more like the third gen's, but of course I'd like to see more fresh and unique features. As someone said, it's be nice to be able to let out a few pokemon to play, which may be an alternate to boxing a pokemon or putting them in the daycare. Maybe it could increase happiness the more you visit them. But of course there's be a very limited amount of pokemon you could but in your base at once.

Someone else mentioned the option to own property in a city, which would be kind of cool. However, it would kind of take away from the "secret base" feeling that I always liked in R/S/E. But things could be made a lot easier this way. Like in the secret bases in 3rd gen, there were holes in the ground or rocks, that would make it impossible set furniture in that location. The same thing with the rocks in 4th gen. If it were a house or apartment the trainer owned, money or missions could be used to fix patched walls or broken floorboards. I think also if you owned property, a cool feature would be the ability to paint murals on your walls. One thing I'd really like to see is for you to be able to set more furniture that 3rd gen.

thats a really good idea. Maybe you could customize the daycare place, like in the safari zone.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
Years
I liked the Underground, but I wouldn't want to see it back, if that makes sense.

I personally think they should finally give the protagonist a house. Not a tree or a hole in a wall, an actual house. Maybe in one of the bigger cities?

Years
I loved the secret base feature, i would love houses more, would be good for multiplayer too, i love being to make anything custom, hopefully we get something like it this time round.

-Wimchow

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
A villa with a trap door in it to go to the princess's castle just before a blastoise stopped by to take her making you go on an adventure to save the princess from the evil turtle creature...Using a charizard....I think this has been done before...

Roid

The Spirit Expelled
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 4, 2010
Bringing back the secret bases would be fun! In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald I thought that the secret base system was kind of awkward. However, I felt that in Diamond/Pear/Platinum is was improved! I would spend hours mining and changing my base to make it look pretty epic!

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
Years
Its fine to start a base camp everywhere but I hope not in Underground or on a Tree. What if a Base Camp can be our place to rest our Pokemon for Healing or Store our Items? Of course, That would be fun.

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
Years
I really, really want RSE secret bases to come back D: They were my favorite part of that game series...Trying to find the perfect and biggest secret base, buying furniture in Fortree City, trying to collect as many decorations as possible, etc...

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
Years
Heck, blow it, let me buy a house in one fo the cities...

Considering that the protags are a little older than before, maybe it's time for an condo in Huin...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
What if there was both? O.o

I'd like to see Secret Bases again, like the ones in Hoenn.

Humph...

Ice-Dragon DESTROYER
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Hoenn was my starting region, when i first used secret bases i thought they were too small, but then i discovered that there were some bases that could be of a good size. I began customizing and i loved it. I had a cousin who was(before...)far stronger than me. By mixing records i could battle his level 100 pokemon at any time at his secret base, helping me a lot. I would like that feature back. But i don't think it will be back. It will probably be replaced with another thing. In hoenn, there are those secret bases, In sinnoh there is the underground system, and in johto(HG/SS) the pokemon followed you.

I suppose that features will be either modified or replaced. I would like the secret bases to be modified and have new features, like wi-fi interactions...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I liked the Underground, but I wouldn't want to see it back, if that makes sense.

I personally think they should finally give the protagonist a house. Not a tree or a hole in a wall, an actual house. Maybe in one of the bigger cities?
An apartment in one of Hiun's many scrapers :D or better yet you could just say like 'rent' out diff. apartments in diff. locations if you felt like it; sort of how they have those temporary housings in Tokyo.

Humph...

Ice-Dragon DESTROYER
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
An apartment in one of Hiun's many scrapers :D or better yet you could just say like 'rent' out diff. apartments in diff. locations if you felt like it; sort of how they have those temporary housings in Tokyo.

Yeah... that's a good idea, i would like to get a bigger house by paying more.

Back