• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Was it really confirmed that Megas are exclusive to Kalos? Because that'd be really disappointing be stuck with plain ol' lil Mawile after having it be so epic in the next installments...

Years
Was it really confirmed that Megas are exclusive to Kalos? Because that'd be really disappointing be stuck with plain ol' lil Mawile after having it be so epic in the next installments...

I think in future games that will be out of kalos we still have mega evos.
The mega stones will be given by people who traveled in kalos or scientist who did the same research.

Its just a very serious mechanic, I just find it hard to believe that in the moment we done with kalos they just stop with it.

blue

gucci
Years
If there are Hoenn Remakes then I don't think Mega evolutions will be a part of any of the evolutionary lines, especially due to the fact that so far it seems to be applied to mainly Hoenn Pokémon including a starter. It wouldn't really fit into the storyline and for it to be a direct remake they would have to exclude this expansion from the storyline and the game altogether hence the whole Kalos exclusive statement.

Years
It is confirmed THAT MEGA POKEMON ARE ONLY IN KALOS. Mega evolution is just like a temporary thing. Because it is new to people, if they don't like it, MEGA POKEMON WILL BE STOPPED. It will never appear again

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
It is confirmed THAT MEGA POKEMON ARE ONLY IN KALOS. Mega evolution is just like a temporary thing. Because it is new to people, if they don't like it, MEGA POKEMON WILL BE STOPPED. It will never appear again

Wrong.
This is what the official site says:
"Mega Evolution is described as an Evolution beyond all Evolution, a transformation found only in the Kalos region. It has also been called the greatest mystery of Pokémon."

This is where you really have to pay attention to the wording.
It says it's a transformation "Found" only in the Kalos region.
Aka, Mega Evolution has only been discovered in the Kalos region.
This however does not prevent Mega Pokémon from appearing in other games through trading or through characters or events.
So Mega Pokémon will carry over to other games and future gens, they just won't be "Found" in other regions, the Mega Stones will have to be traded over or received through NPCs or events.

And since it states it's the "Greatest Mystery of Pokémon" I highly doubt such a large discovery would be immediately tossed in future titles, it'd still be used and be studied by other NPCs.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
So Mega Pokémon will carry over to other games and future gens, they just won't be "Found" in other regions, the Mega Stones will have to be traded over or received through NPCs or events.

Or rather, the stones will be in the later games as well.

I'll undoubtedly be in future games. Of course you don't have to actually use the Megas, so I don't see what the problem is anyway.

Years
I hope Mewtwo will have TWO Mega Form, one for X, one for Y and it is the ONLY LEGENDARY THAT HAVE MEGA FORM

PLUS: the leaker said that Mewtwo have 2 new form, one look like mewtwo, and one look like Mew.
But WHAT IF MEWTWO JUST HAVE ONE MEGA FORM AND MEW HAVE ONE MEGA FORM

HOPE IT'S NOT LIKE THESE
godspeed_form_mewtwo_and_mewchi_by_myuutsufan-d60lju3.jpg

mewthree-reveal-leaked.png

blue

gucci
Years
I think each Pokémon that has a Mega Evolution will only be restricted to one, otherwise some Pokémon could end up with Five evolutions..

Years
Here is 3 things:
1. Xerneas may be reference to the Celtic "Horned god", Cernunnos - god based on a deer (itself from the Latin 'cervus'). On Wikipedia it said: "Nothing is known about the god from literary sources, and details about his name, his cult or his significance in Celtic religion are unknown. Speculative interpretations identify him as a god of nature or fertility" (HELLO, LIFE POKEMON)
Yvetal = Y + Wyvern + Quetzal

2. Look at this (I KNOW IT'S JUST A FAN ART, BUT HOW AMAZING IS THIS!!!)
fakemon__espurr_and_meowstick_by_littlezorua6-d6d5ir1.png

3. Here is the leak A LONG TIME AGO
Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It's name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ) (CONFIRMED REAL)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee. (CONFIRMED REAL)
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

WTF??? Mega !!! UNLEASH THE BABY
mega-kangaskhan.jpg

The Worlds 2013 opening ceremony has revealed Mega Kangaskhan. In its mega form, Kangaskhan has a new ability called Parental Bond that allows both it and its child to attack. This allows Kangaskhan to use the same attack twice in one turn! Thanks goes to our good friend JWittz for the photo!
It was also announced that the Pokemon X and Y soundtrack will eventually be available on iTunes for download. It will be comprised of 220 tracks.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wonder if the rest of those on the list are real, if they'll release them next issue or we'll have to discover them ourselves...seems like a lot so they proably won't be shown in Corocoro, and if they are it'll proably be during the October issue after the games are already out.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sooooo...what ever happened to that Eeveelution, as well as the potato chip and sushi roll Pokemon? I was only freaking out of my mind waiting for "Draceon" but whatever =^=

Quiet honestly, and yes I've said this a lot, they most likely isn't any more Eevee evolutions this go round. The last CoroCoro to come out for X and Y pre-release news will have New Mega Evolutions and the new Type Chart. So unless someone starts a rumor and says that there is an eevee evolution in the next issue, the chances of one appearing are pretty much none.

Sylveon was marketed as the only new Evolution for Eevee. I mean we don't HAVE to have more than one. We didn't break any trend seeing as Eevee's evolutions were originally released as a set of three, then 2. A single evolution isn't out of the question.

Doesn't seem like they'd hype up just one new Eevee and completely forget about the other until the game's release, especially with all that Eevee Family fun show that was going on with Smash. After Sylveon was shown, they even stopped to a crawl with the Eevee Promotions.

The other two...ya, those had about as much chance of getting in as a drawing my baby cousins make have. We're getting our last official update next month then the manic count down until the game releases....its going to be hell waiting through that dry spell. So many fake rumors are going to start flying for that last month long stretch.

Years
Here is some leaks that i found (WITH PICTURE THAT THE LEAKER DRAW)

Good evening /vp/, I have some news for you involving multiple New Pokemon that I have learned about due to my job, which, to sum it up, involves setting up promotional displays for Nintendo at various Events, in this case I have learned that, in addition to the demo being featured at Gamescon in Germany and the "Pokemon Game Show" in Japan, the US will be receiving a special demo stand at various locales throughout the country in late August. I have seen a bit of the promotional material, and featured on them are six New Pokemon, ones of which I believe appear within the demo in some capacity, although I am not sure what the demo will consist of entirely. All that is displayed on the material I've seen is pictures of them, and their names.

- Ameblob: It's a weird snail creature that's made up of transparent, blue liquid and it has a large eyeball suspended where its "head" would be within the liquid. It reminds me of a Zelda Boss.
1376192601381.jpg

- Dynastag: A black beetle with a red and yellow shield-shaped shell and pointy horn. Unlike Heracross and Pinsir, it's on six legs.
1376192925498.jpg

- Zeezes : I guess this is supposed to be a pre-evolution of Noivern, it's a small black fruit bat that's "sleeping" as its wings are wrapped around it like a blanket, and it has a cute little "red-hat" over its face and ears that resembles Noivern's nose.
1376192980612.jpg

- Mega Scizor: Its wings are larger, and it's got a more sleeker form, with a "V"-shaped head, and its hips are pyramid shaped and pointy, like a stylish mecha. Its abdomen is entirely black.
1376193828514.jpg

- Mega Gyrados: It's got a full-on shaggy beard, and tiny arms coming from the front sides of its body. It also has pairs of white fins, instead of just one row, that are more wing-like running down its back. Looks like a Chinese Dragon.
1376193274203.jpg

- Mega Druddigon: Its whole body turns bright red, bar its yellow stomach, and its spikes grow larger. Its wings move to its elbows, and it seems to wield them like scythes or swords judging by its pose.
1376194234420.jpg

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
All of those sound really amazing actually... especially if Mega Gyrados is retyped to Water/Dragon.

Years
This Is my opinion:
I HOPE THERE ARE: Pokemon East, Pokemon South, Pokemon North, Pokemon West
OR : Pokemon Spring, Pokemon Summer, Pokemon Autumn, Pokemon Winter
And the version mascots are Chinese Four Symbols: The Azure Dragon, the Vermilion Bird, the White Tiger and the Black Tortoise.

On Wikipedia, it said there are:
The Azure Dragon of the East represents Spring and represents Wood, (Maybe Grass/Dragon)
The Vermilion Bird of the South represents Summer and represents Fire, (MAYBE Fire/Flying)
The White Tiger of the West represents Autumn and represents Metal, (MAYBE Steel, Steel/Ground)
The Black Tortoise of the North represents Winter and represents Water (MAYBE Water/Ice)

Additionally, there is a fifth legendary beast, Huáng-lóng, also called the Yellow Dragon of the Center (Kirin). It is associated with the cardinal direction of "center," and its element is Earth (MAYBE Ground/Dragon, Rock/Dragon)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Mega Scizor already sounds scary as it is, considering the fact that he's the most overused Pokémon in Smogon's metagame. That Bullet Punch is gonna hurt more in this form.

Years
Aside from this random poster, which I wouldn't believe a word he says, despite thinking an ameoba pokemon is sort amazing, Hiro, not 100% if it is him, has claimed that Scizor will have a megalution. He made this claim prior to this leaker as well. The leaker may have ran with it to introduce more info, since he was claiming that his information was true on the basis that Hiro corroborated his leak. However, again, this 4chan leaker, need I say more, posted this information AFTER Hiro, so at this point he has absolutely nothing to show credibility. Also, his description of the potential Scizor Megalution has zero credibility either, though unless Hiro had his account hacked or is trolling (both of which are very possible), we are getting a Scizor Megalution.

Back