• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girls - Pink / Boys - Blue ?

txteclipse

The Last
Years
My favorite color is blue, so I would correlate myself with blue. However, if some guy likes pink, I wouldn't bash them over the head or anything. It's just a preference. I even like pink if it's next to black and white, because I think it looks awesome.

Now, when it comes to using colors to specify gender, it is common that blue is used for guys and pink is used for girls. It's not necessarily saying that all girls must like pink or all guys must like blue, it's just symbolic. Like how red roses symbolize romance and yellow ones symbolize frindship. It's just one of those little quirks in society.

Tweeny Pokemon fans trying to discern/discuss masculine/feminine and gay/straight = comedy show >__<

Elitism on a pokemon board...Ahahahahaha!!!!!!

Years
Just a quick note on what Tangerine Fox said - I read once a study showed that the Color Blue is more related to things like, relaxation and ease, while being the most visually appealing to the eye.

Personally, I think any man that can wear Pink is a real man, because unfortunately, the world still has gender-specific stereotypes while preaching about open-mindedness (Hypocrites). The reason this makes them a real man is because they aren't afraid to be who they want to be and not who others want them to be.

Although I don't care either way. (I happen to like both Pink AND Blue.)

On controversy: Sure, we can easily get into the Gay/Straight conversation vs. the Pink/Blue argument, but what about those unfortunate few in the world who have BOTH genders, or none at all? Or the varying degrees of Bi-Gendered people balanced more in appearance to one gender while being the complete opposite? These aren't as uncommon as you may think.

There. I said it and I'm already sorry for bringing it up, given that I'm already sure how that topic is going to play out in people's minds.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
On controversy: Sure, we can easily get into the Gay/Straight conversation vs. the Pink/Blue argument, but what about those unfortunate few in the world who have BOTH genders, or none at all? Or the varying degrees of Bi-Gendered people balanced more in appearance to one gender while being the complete opposite? These aren't as uncommon as you may think.

There. I said it and I'm already sorry for bringing it up, given that I'm already sure how that topic is going to play out in people's minds.

I'm not really sure what you meant by this. Could you clarify a bit more?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
what about those unfortunate few in the world who have BOTH genders, or none at all?
It does astound me how I've never seen anything other than male and female as gender options on websites, forms, surveys, applications and so forth. Makes me think PC should have "hermaphrodite" and "genderless" (or is there a proper word for that?) as gender options.
At least hermaphrodites have a gender symbol.

Michii

as in Mishy
Years
Colors are colors. Whoever decided that pink is for girls and blue for boys is idiotic. Everything is for everybody.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Colors are colors. Whoever decided that pink is for girls and blue for boys is idiotic. Everything is for everybody.
Very good point actually. That's exactly what colors should be. Just colors. But unfortunately we can't change that and we have to live with it. >.>

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
Years
Blue and pink are my favorite colors, and I'm a girl. Some girls love pink, some boys hate pink. But some don't. One of my friends says she is "allergic to the color pink" and wears black every day. And I know tons of boys who wear pink shirts. Real men wear pink! :D

Vegeta575747

Call Me Noob And I'll PwN YoU
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2008
Noooooo! Real men do NOT wear pink. I would not be caught dead wearing that color, it's demeaning really...

.:LemonTea:.

omg. heart attack. o.o
Years
Light blue is actually my favorite color. Some of my friends had their rooms painted pink when they were infants (since they were girls), my room was a shade of yellow that resembled puke. D:

I remember in the 6th Grade Olympics that were held in my school (every class wore a different color T-shirt), and this one team's shirt was pink so all the boys and girls had to wear pink...

Goatman56

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I think everyone should just be orange :3.

Why would you want to look like cotton candy anyways?

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
I think people saying "pink is a girl's color" and "blue is a boy's color" is stupid. I like blue, but not pink. It's just all about what you prefer.

Last edited:

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
Years
Noooooo! Real men do NOT wear pink. I would not be caught dead wearing that color, it's demeaning really...

That's so sexist! A real man isn't someone who lives up to stereotypes, it's someone who destroys them. ~

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I like pink, who cares?! >< I like Blue too, *gasps* why don't ya sue me for liking both colors, huh? xD

ultradarkrai

treeco tre
Years
I dont really think its right for a boy to like pink, but colours don't really matter, as long as they're not a horrible sickly dark yellowish colour.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Pink is manly, how dare you say its a girl's color.

Yeah, right now the boy's color is black, not blue. ._.

For me, I don't care. I can like any colors. =D

Back