• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Wow, your splices and fakemons are great!
I really liked the Steelix+Rapidash+Bastidon one.
Will you be making anymore?

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Thanks for the C+C iPro, but in argument, Spearow, Pidgey, Tailow, and Starly all are pretty boring and bland also. It was my objective to do the same with my region's bird.

Yes I do plan to continue splicing, spriting, and all that jazz Itachi Senpai, I'm glad that you like my work.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
Years
Roselia + Purugly is really awesome It makes me like Purugly and the Fakemon are very awesome, I would love to see a Jigglypuff + Budew sprite. :D
+ Rep.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Thanks for the C+C iPro, but in argument, Spearow, Pidgey, Tailow, and Starly all are pretty boring and bland also. It was my objective to do the same with my region's bird.

Yes I do plan to continue splicing, spriting, and all that jazz Itachi Senpai, I'm glad that you like my work.
Ah, you got me there. They are just the same, and they work, so meh. Anyway, I really like the Gundom fusion, but I think it needs more of a metallic palette, or something. Keep it up;)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
You have alot of sprites and they're all awesome!
Great job and keep it up :)

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well I've fixed up even more the birds, and got the Ratatta of my region, Muttle and Mutdirt. I like how both are looking. For Mutdirt, I kept one with out all the airborne dirt because I like how it turned out. Not much more to explain. As usual C+C and all that jazz highly welcomed. I'm very grateful for everything commented on the birds before, now they're better than ever =D.

3rdgenFakemonSheet1-1.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Lol, nice job on the Muttle and Mutdirt.
Are they rodents like Rattata?

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Nope, dogs, root word being "mut" they are though the equivilant of the Rattatta in my region.

Years
Your scratches need some work. Overall on the outline and the coloring choices.
Not on the spriting side, I don't really like some of your evolutions you've given some pokemon. It seems that they are just there just to give every pokemon SOME type of evolution, not a real battle or any other purpose.
On the sprite side, as this is to showcase YOUR work, I don't think you should include the evolutions that don't have anything like seal and dewgong. But that's just my personal thought. I know it's allowed, but I just don't see this place as one to make a thread about your region (more Hacks stuff) more than your own talent. But again, people may view that differently.

I think you're splices are nice, some strange, some quite creative! :3
Jeeze, you've got so many. @_@

(The FIRST one.)
For Raizou,
I think you need just a bit more shadow, it almost looks like one color, and that black outline doesn't help it much. But that's my veiw on solid black outline. When he's holding his weapon, it looks as if the weapon is on the ground and he's standing, but..It's too big to do that. Either make the weapon smaller, or have him holding a part lower down.

I'm writing as I scroll down. I see you've done better on page 4, but I wrote all that. ;_; So that's for anyone else who wants...I don't know.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Your scratches need some work. Overall on the outline and the coloring choices.
Not on the spriting side, I don't really like some of your evolutions you've given some pokemon. It seems that they are just there just to give every pokemon SOME type of evolution, not a real battle or any other purpose.
On the sprite side, as this is to showcase YOUR work, I don't think you should include the evolutions that don't have anything like seal and dewgong. But that's just my personal thought. I know it's allowed, but I just don't see this place as one to make a thread about your region (more Hacks stuff) more than your own talent. But again, people may view that differently.

I think you're splices are nice, some strange, some quite creative! :3
Jeeze, you've got so many. @_@

(The FIRST one.)
For Raizou,
I think you need just a bit more shadow, it almost looks like one color, and that black outline doesn't help it much. But that's my veiw on solid black outline. When he's holding his weapon, it looks as if the weapon is on the ground and he's standing, but..It's too big to do that. Either make the weapon smaller, or have him holding a part lower down.

I'm writing as I scroll down. I see you've done better on page 4, but I wrote all that. ;_; So that's for anyone else who wants...I don't know.

Thank you very much. I was hoping for some critique, glad to see I got some. I will be sure to pay better attention to my borders and colors as I go along now fixing them all.

A lot of my evolutions I actually chose because I thought they needed evolutions. Things like Lanturn I love, water/electric is an awesome type, but the one I have seems to lack something in battle. I gave it an evolution for that purpose. The ones I split, I guess I did just for the sake of it. I thought of what I could do, and figured that a split evolution would be pretty cool for them. A way to enjoy the family, but in a different light.

Sorry for including actual Pokemon. I find though they organize things better, I wanted to show my region as a whole. I don't have any ROM-hacking skills or anything, so I don't plan on doing a ROM-hack myself, hence why I don't have this in another section like that. I suppose when I get my things remade, I'll exclude actual Pokemon, you make a good point.

Thanks, glad you like my splices =D

As for the way Raizou is holding his axe, he is strong enough to hold it one handed =P, he's a Norse disciple of Thor =P. On a more scientific note though, it could be held up that way if it is standing on the ground. I guess this is all a moot point due to the fact that is such an old sprite =P

Glad to hear that you think I'm improved a good amount.

Years
I was mulling over what I said yesterday about the regions. I understand that some people don't have ROM Hacking skills but would like to show off their fakemon. It's just that I've been away for awhile, and I come back to 2-3 region sprite threads. I was fearing that some people would start threads just to advertise their home-made region, not so much their skills.

You show all your other work though, it was just a little paranoia in my head. But it would probably do well organizational wise to not show the original pokemon if they didn't evolve. xD You've already got a million sprites!

Doing any kind of spilce was fine, but I guess I might have not been able to see the uses for your evolutions, but you can. Happens sometimes in artistic creations.

ADDITION:
So at first on seeing a new thread I just look over the general amount to grasp any style difficulties. But I keep looking at the Fakemon. I don't normally post on anymore than just anatomy, but you seem to receive criticism well.

This is just what I think about some your evolutions, or continuity of original evolutions.
I don't know the names, so I'll go by numbers.

Spoiler:

All suggestions! :3

Last edited:

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
I was mulling over what I said yesterday about the regions. I understand that some people don't have ROM Hacking skills but would like to show off their fakemon. It's just that I've been away for awhile, and I come back to 2-3 region sprite threads. I was fearing that some people would start threads just to advertise their home-made region, not so much their skills.

You show all your other work though, it was just a little paranoia in my head. But it would probably do well organizational wise to not show the original pokemon if they didn't evolve. xD You've already got a million sprites!

Doing any kind of spilce was fine, but I guess I might have not been able to see the uses for your evolutions, but you can. Happens sometimes in artistic creations.

ADDITION:
So at first on seeing a new thread I just look over the general amount to grasp any style difficulties. But I keep looking at the Fakemon. I don't normally post on anymore than just anatomy, but you seem to receive criticism well.

This is just what I think about some your evolutions, or continuity of original evolutions.
I don't know the names, so I'll go by numbers.

Spoiler:

All suggestions! :3

Again, thank you again Lornami. I'm glad also that you see that I take critique well. Critique is a very kind thing, a thing meant to help each other. I use to critique somewhere, I know the purpose of it. I sadly have the nasty habit of arguing critique half the time, but that's my nature. Usually though it's on design choice =P

#569 is my pride and joy. It does me sad to think you're right about that. My whole idea behind the horn is the fact that between Lanturn and Chinchou, those two orbs get closer and closer, almost forming into one thing, the horn. I guess I might have to change something on it, I just don't know what yet. Perhaps I won't be able to keep it sharp anymore, change most the horn, add one ball on the end. I'm going to mis it though:(

572 and many of my other Fakemon have the idea of a more "wild"/"fierce" feel. For that one in specific, I didn't want to do an alternate evolution, since I feel that would in a way make Venomoth pointless. Some evolutions can be viewed as alternatives also, think of things like Scizor and Scyther, both usable. That's at least the idea I have. My region is suppose to be a bit more hazerdous, forcing evolutions to make the things living there capable of being hazardous back, hence Venomoth becoming Mothra like =P

I'll work on things like the ice and hole, I could do a tad more I'm sure.

Sorry for the Jynx thing. My friend also yelled at me, he thought I was being a bit sexist there too. I will say though that was not my intent. The whole skinny thing and stuff is in feferense to Vivian from Paper Mario. My idea behind the shape and stuff is that she has no true physical form under the dress, hense why it is shape the way it is, kind of like Vivian is. I guess if now I've offended two people, I need to rethink what to do with that, or more people will mark me as sexist =P. I guess though a change is necessary, I've made it a tad too humanoid anyway. Also the whole Vivian thing works better with a dark type, not ice psychic =P

Why I included a pouch and the Male Kangaskhan, I don't know.

Again, thank you. You've been a great help, and surely I will be able to benefit from the things you've said.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
The Fakemon are really coming along nicely. You can hardly see any resemblance to fusions in them.

Years
If you don't want to change your joy, don't! I usually (internally, never say it) hate when my teacher asks me to add this or change that on an art, but sometimes I do like it better. I can understand that the horn is lighted, it's just something you might want to keep in mind if you ever 'wanted' to rethink it. It's good to accept critique, but on the flip-side you don't have to or need to do everything someone suggests. My teacher has told me some great idea, and told me some really really crappy ones.

I didn't quite mean to mark you as sexist. When I use a 'face' the sentence it is exaggerated or joyful, and the more I go on, the more I think I'm a feminist, "I am offended" was to appear haughty.
I actually didn't play the 1000 year door. But I looked "her" up.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
@Cheeseboy, what do you mean the fusions in them? My Fakemon are from scratch.

@Lormani, thanks. A good lesson point. I will still though try changing it, see which I like.

Also don't worry, I don't see you as a feminist. My friend also said the same thing, and I'm sure that means if two people saw it that, many more did but didn't have the guts to tell me =P. Anyways, as I said, it pointed out the too humanoid issue to me, so overall it helped, I thank you =D

Also I know that tidbit, but it doesn't change the reference, I merely wanted the shape and design =P.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Not a huge update, but I like it. While bored in one of my classes, I decided to make this guy. He is one of my RP characters, this guy is named "Dimitri".

He's some evil Half Elf dude, who lost his hands. Due to that, he can't control his powerful magic very well. He wear giant pieces of medals over his forearms, I call them arm maces.

After making the first pose (side pose) I decide to make more, and make a GIF of him spinning. I specifically wanted to make him 8-bit, like a Final Fantasy sprite, hence the lack of shading or anything like it. Perhaps I'll revamp him if class is proving to be boring again =P

Dimitri.gif

Edit:
Well I finally got sheet 1 devamped and fixed up. The first 3 families of my Fakemon have been remade, and I like the result. I still have about 82 to go, but that's not too big of a deal.

3rdgenFakemonSheet1-2.png

Last edited:
Back