• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: (HOTW: 8#) Pokémon Silvercurrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
(HOTW: 8#) Pokémon Silvercurrent (Beta 2 now available)

Pokémon Silvercurrent

Rombase:
badge-firered.png
Version 1.0

how8bannernk0.jpg

Beta 2 v21 is available as of 03/09/09, please refer to the Download section for a download link!

IMPORTANT: The first version of Beta 2 has a bug that will trap you on the water on Route 5 after the Rival Battle.
Please Download version 2 from the Download section!

-Beta 2 v2 has an underleveled Rival in the first encounter. Fix released, refer to the download section!

Thread Objective
To let the people know Silvercurrent is still being worked on =]

Staff
-Me
-Spriter: Pellio
-Beta Tester: trebornosliw

Something to note: The difficulty of this game is rather high. Prepare for a challenge!

Introduction

To all those who remember me and the hack, I'm back! And to all who don't, allow me to introduce myself. I'm TSK, a hacker who prefers to spend more time on scripting than on anything else. Scripting is what I try to focus on while hacking, although I don't think graphic and storyline are neglectable either =]

Story

Silvercurrent is hack set in the Currenze Region and revolves around Team Omega and their heinious plan to take control of the entire planet using the unimaginable power of Lugia.
You are thrown in to action from the start, after receiving your first Pokémon and setting of on your journey you witness Team Omega capturing Lugia... It is your job to track down Team Omega and to release Lugia.
Along the way you also face the Currenze Gym Leader challenge.(After all people in the "pokéworld" also need jobs)

Features
-Scripts, a lot...
-Complete new region, I intend to keep recycling to Pokémon and items only.(And game engine)
-New graphics? Most certainly, but they aren't on top of my list.
-A new starter, Lapras!
-More will follow as I go along...

Media section(don't we all love those)

Pictures:

NEW:
2qvtf5x.png

Spoiler:

Vids

Lugia Event
Dont go into the grass! (outdated, for comparing only)
Events on and around the boat
The Pokédex, finally!
Gym leader music version 1.0
Dog trio
Note: the Sapphire and Ruby will be obtained through sidequests.
Team Omega and their practices(I've created monsters...)
updated "don't go in the grass"
Intro Script Here's the intro script to an underground area where you(the player) will have to help out electrician Norton through solving some puzzles!
Shiny?!Yay, extras!

NEW

The introduction event to the Hero's struggle with Team Omega whom have claimed the Safari Zone as their own. Only our Hero can save all those Pokémon from the clutches of Team Omega!

New event for a new town

Banner(s)

Silvercurrent.png
Credit goes to -Sonic~Boom-

Releases

Beta 2 has been made available:

Link: SilverCurrent Beta 2 v21

May I ask that everyone that has played Beta 1 starts a new savefile!
Otherwise you might get stuck.
Also, this version comes prepatched with the savepatch so older saves will probably malfunction. This was done to assure that no players would run into a nasty surprise after finishing the E4 in a later release. (There the game must use the actual .sav file to continue.)

Enjoy!

Please post any remarks and errors you might find on this thread!

Older Releases:

-Alpha 1

Silvercurrent Beta 1

Please make sure to apply the patch to a version 1.0 Fire Red(U) Rom!

Known Bugs,glitches

Beta 1

Spoiler:

Beta 2

Tri Element Cave: Movement Permission
=> FIXED

ROUTE 5: Trapped on water after Rival Battle
=> FIXED (New download made available)

Garganta City PokéCenter: Girl, texterror
=> FIXED (Fixed in release that fixes previous)
Current work:
Finish up the little things for Beta 2.

Last edited:

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
Wow

From what I've read from the old thread, you have seemed to Grasp
Scripting pretty well. I like the Videos, Glad its back, Good luck!
Arrrhh!
:pirate:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I remember Adam showing me a video of Silvercurrent a few days ago, and I asked about it. He said it was before my time here, as a hacker. Well, I guess that it's pretty cool that it's back now. I wish you good luck with everything.

Oh, and your scripts look excellent, too. Good grammar = amazing in my book. ^^

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
I thank you all for your praise =]
I'm currently working on a rather big script with some things in it I haven't done before... Current linecount: 182 and rising ^^

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
After playing a "top-tier" hack today (Rijon Adventures) I decided to finish the events for my new town and than go back to the start of the game and fix the details I found so marvelously worked out in the scripts of Rijon Adventures. Afterwards I'll probably release a Beta.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
The answer is... no.

Probably 'cause most people are untrustable and they just want to
play the Beta waaaaaaaaaay more earlier than others.
Read my mind...

If I "hire" betatesters I need to be sure I'll get back decent error reports.

On another note, I'll probably put up a vid with the refurbished "don't go into the grass" script later today.

Pellio

Dragonair :D
Years
I'm interested in being a spriter. If you're not too fussed about graphics I can make you ones that are based on original Nintendo sprites, but changed to make new characters (like the one on my avatar). If you need to see more let me know and I'll do another one. (I'm pretty new to spriting as in I've only made that one, but I know how to do it and I study art at college so shouldn't be a problem?)

ARGH. I just spent ages making the hero sprite and Pixen crashed and now its gone T____T I'll have to redo it tomorrow...

Last edited:

Pellio

Years
Ok here is the sprite for the heroine so far:
heroine.png

Just wondering what you think? Its not finished but just want to know if you like the idea of her in general. I was thinking of using the blue in her skirt for the hero's hair.

Edit: that's weird the colours have come out more dull on here than in my drawing programe :/

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
The sprite looks excellent so far!
I'm not bothered with the duller colors, but I haven't seen the other version.

Blue-haired Hero sounds good =]

Pellio

Years
heroine-1.png

She's pretty much finished now I think.
I've started the hero as well:
hero.png

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back